“Amazing”
Review of The Toad

The Toad
Reserve with OpenTable
The Toad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 94 Restaurants in Colwyn Bay
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Found this place whilst walking along the front. So glad we did. The food is absolutely delightful. Recommend booking at the weekend as I can imagine it gets busy.
A must do if visiting Colwyn Bay.

1  Thank HazelDS

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Really tasty and well presented food. I was expecting pub grub but this was much better than that. Good prices and the service was really nice too. Well worth a visit

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Beautiful meal, really great presentation, staff beyond reproach! And all for £9.55--2 courses. Yes, we will! be back...again and again!

1  Thank Sirodyam
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is the second time I have visited the restaurant and I was not disappointed either of the times. Last weekend, it was for a family get together, where we had the upper stage of the restaurant to ourselves, which was nice.

We had a menu to select from beforehand - which I felt was a little bit limited - but the food was delicious when it came to the night. For starter, I had the king prawns which were amazing; I could have eaten 4 plates full. The main was a simple cheese & bacon burger (due to the limited other menu items, this was the only thing I fancied) but you could tell it was a handmade, quality burger and I love that they serve the homemade chips in a little wire rack.

The dessert menu was disappointing - nothing really for the chocolate pudding or custard lover, which I definitely am. But I suppose this is just personal preference.

Staff were attentive and friendly, although dithered a little when collecting plates and delivering meals - although this was probably down to the sheer number of people at the party. The only thing that I could say bad about the night was that it was so warm! We had to go stand outside a couple of times - perhaps it is time to invest in some air conditioning?

All in all, I think the food is definitely worth the price.

1  Thank LizzeeMoo
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was our 5th or 6th visit to The Toad whilst visiting family in the last 2 years. The quality of food has remained high throughout an did not disappoint this time. The menu varies from traditional pub grub to more restaurant styled dishes, including daily specials with fish dishes prominent. All cooked and presented to a high standard that you would expect at a good quality restaurant.

1  Thank John R