“Good pub grub!”
Review of The Toad

The Toad
Reserve with OpenTable
The Toad is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 81 Restaurants in Colwyn Bay
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Good pub grub!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Toad doesn't try and be a bar restuarant, it is what it is, a pub that serves food. And the prices reflect this. The food was very good (even by the standards of our fussy party member) and well priced, a good choice of wines and a nice, relaxing atmosphere. Well worth a visit. My only problem is that access was difficult as we had a pram but once inside it was a proper family pub / environment.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jon S

Colwyn Bay
“Don't wear a hat.”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I ate here earlier in the year and had the rack of lamb which was very good and I would like to recommend the place but when I revisited the venue in the summer I was asked to remove my hat before the bar person would serve me. I was told it was alright for women to wear a hat but men were not allowed. I have not returned.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Alan B
Malta
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Very good food quality and presentation
Nice ambience
Reasonably priced
Good customer service despite being almost full

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank RCV-MT
Rhos-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Very good and great service”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Recently went on a Monday with my partner.
The waitress was polite and friendly, taking our orders quickly.
I ordered the salmon and prawn pate and salad and my partner the leek and potato soup. They were tasty, light starters.
For our main we both ordered steak with Stilton sauce. Both beautifully presented! We found the chips to be slightly underdone and the steak was an effort to eat!
We informed the waitress who spoke to the chef, she told us that it was not the chefs fault- it their supplier. She only charged us for one steak so we were grateful for this. Especially as I barely ate mine.

I had been here a few weeks previous and the steak was wonderful so I think we were just unlucky!
Overall, a lovely evening

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Forbesclicky88
Old Colwyn, United Kingdom
“Thank you”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Peter and his staff go the extra mile to ensure every visit to the Toad is a delight. The ingredients are always fresh and locally sourced. The view over the sea is great and dining at the Toad is even better. Why would you want to eat anywhere else?

• Visited September 2013