“Great First Stay”
Review of Ellingham House

Ellingham House
Ranked #2 of 10 Colwyn Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I found the hotel a bit by accident and did not really know what to expect. I have to say the hotel condition is superb throughout and the welcome fantastic. Nothing seemes to be too much trouble. I had room 3 which is not en-suite but has a private bathroom....I expected a small cubby-hole type environment but was delighted to find a huge bathroom which is bigger than my family bathroom at home. If you are looking for quality, quiet and welcoming accomodation in North Wales you will love this place.
Richard, Leeds

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ChrisJennings88, Owner at Ellingham House, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Many thanks for your comments and we are pleased that you enjoyed your first stay with us and hope to see you again.

regards

There are newer reviews for Ellingham House

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Jad and I loved it, a beautiful place with great furniture, fabulously clean and easy going atmosphere, we highly recommend it. I really dont believe it can be beaten for value for money, compare it to Premier Inn, £55 and I would gladly pay the few pounds extra for this marvellous place. Im not a big telly person , but a slightly bigger tv would be nice, but we did spend two quiet nights in cos she was tired by the sea air. Still, just lovely though and thank you.
Only drawback...if your going to tell your Girlfriend that if she is very very quite all day she may see lions and giraffes in the wild in LLandudno, so you can try and have a quiet day without her yackety yack yak...
Let the guys know in good time so they can play along...

Room Tip: Room 2 was just lovely, If I were quick enough to book Id have room 1 for the 4 poster bed.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jolyon A

Thank you for your review and hope you will visit us again.

Regards

Reviewed January 21, 2013

found ellingham by default, and would no problem recommending it for a stay.very nice..decorated and restored to the highest standards. the guys who run it are really nice,friendly and professional.room was beautiful with a little teddy bear for company,break very tasty..

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have stayed at Ellingham House several times whilst visiting Colwyn Bay and would definitely recommend it others. I travel a lot for work and have stayed at many a posh hotel this is one of the best places I have found. The rooms are large and clean, good showers and a nice breakfast with good coffee. The owners are are very friendly and helpful and even took me to the station when I left to make sure I was on time for my train. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Room 2, large and spacious with a big shower
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ChrisJennings88, Owner at Ellingham House, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Many thanks for your comments, it was really good to see you again and it was no problem in taking you to the station, glad we made it on time!

Hope to see you soon.

Regards

Chris

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We were in Colwyn Bay seeing relatives. We found the owners extremely polite, friendly and helpful. Lots of 'things to do' guidance. Our room was spotless and beautifully furnished. We have a dog and were perfectly happy to abide by Ellingham's policy regarding the rule of 'no dogs in rooms unless owners were present'. I agree with Ian's comments on the last post. How could he run a profitable business if people want to give only a week's notice of cancellation? All in all, we had a wonderful stay and will definately use Ellingham again.

• Stayed: January 2013
ChrisJennings88, Owner at Ellingham House, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Many thanks for your review, we enjoyed meeting you both.

Regrads

Reviewed January 12, 2013

First class - worthy of the 5* awarded by the Wales Tourist Board. Room was spacious and very comfortable with all the essentials for a comfortable stay. Breakfast was excellent and eaten in the beautifully decorated dining room. We ate in 'The Toad' in Colwyn Bay - great food but would recommend booking.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Hope to see you and you work colleages again in the future when you are next in the area.

Many thanks

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Contacted the hotel on 10/01/2013 to enquire about 2 rooms, Ian answered the phone who initialy was helpful and gave me prices which seemed reasonable. When I mentioned that each couple had a dog I noticed a change in attitude, he went on to explain dogs were not allowed in the dining room(fair enough), must not come into the hotel dirty and could not be left alone in the rooms at any time. I then asked what would happen at breakfast time and the reply was' put your dogs in the car'.
I then asked what the situation was if we had to cancel the rooms due to my brothers recent operation, he said that the hotel didn't have a cancelation policy and he would decide at the time if I was to be charged. He went on to say "if people book rooms I expect them to turn up". I did explain I could give hime at least 7 days notice but he replied " I can't run things like that or I wouldn't have a business". He then asked if I would like to book but I declined due to the uncertainty over cancellation but thanked him for his help. He replied "okay" and put the phone down.
I would definatley say this hotel is not pet friendly and with my telephone experience I would struggle to say it was people friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Firstly, this reviewer has NOT stayed with us.

He has used tripadvisor to pass comments about his enquiry with me. He did not agree with our policy about dogs staying with us, and because of this he thinks we are " unfriendly" towards dogs, which is totally untrue.

He also enquired about wanting to make a booking on the basis of possibly cancelling with 7 days notice with no charge.

We provide a very high standard of service and accommodation to our new and many regular guests (including dogs), and this is reflected in the 146 excellent and good reviews which they written on Tripadvisor.

I ask all readers to draw their own conclusions.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colwyn Bay
#3 of 3 in Colwyn Bay
St. George's Hotel
St. George's Hotel
#16 of 60 in Llandudno

Been to Ellingham House? Share your experiences!