“OK food, slow service”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Went there on a Sunday evening, arrived at 8.10 got main course at 9.30. Instead of getting the beers straight away whilst we waited for them to take us to one of the empty tables, we waited a good 20 minutes instead. Not an auspicious start. The place had cleared out by the time we ordered so there's no real excuse for the wait, especially as Sundays is set menus for all you can eat. It does seem a little unusual that poppadoms counts as someone's starter and you only get one starter. On the whole the food was acceptable flavourwise, if the lamb (I chose a Madras sauce) was a little chewy. The Tandoori chicken leg I had as a starter was moist and not dry. It was pretty cheap so you get what you pay for, really.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Staff basically ignored us, portion sizes not great, the food was at least warm, although not an amazing tasting curry. I had chicken tikka and then was violently sick when I got home, may not be related but not taking any chances

1  Thank KSmith2892
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The food here is very average. Nothing special at all. The staff are rude and unwelcoming. Everything is a bother to them. They are miserable and arrogant. You get tyhe same if not a worse service when you order a takeaway. Does not cost to give a little smile. Don't bother visiting there are much nicer and friendlier restaurants in the nearby town of Pontarddulais.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Visited to celebrate a birthday – two couples. We chose this restaurant as everyone speaks highly of it. I had not read any reviews so was amazed when I came to write mine to see the two poor reviews listed. I thought they had been to a different restaurant! My experience – and recommendations for friends – could not have been more different. If I could, I would give it a 4.5 for food quality.

We were served immediately and ok, there was not much chit chat but waiters were pleasant enough and efficient. The food came quickly and was gorgeous. Between the four of us we had three different mains. Mine was the best Indian meal I have had in a long time.

I would definitely recommend and would go back there without hesitation.

Total came to £65 which included drinks. No dessert but we were stuffed.

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Everything was too much trouble. Arrived at 5. Took order by 5:30. Meal arrived 6:40. Miserable, arrogant and rude. Very average food thrown on the table late.