All reviews sky tv steam room tribute night buffet lunch birthday treat evening meal reception staff function room lovely room superior room steak plenty of choice following morning leisure facilities wedding reception overnight stay self service
Reviewed February 1, 2016 via mobile

Very welcoming greeting . Room very comfortable even though the window didn't quite shut properly causing a draft . The heating was more than adequate . Couldn't do anything about the awful weather . The bar was also cosy so we decided to eat in there rather than the restaurant . Our food was very good and tasty . There was however a mix up when the desert was due to come . We waited a considerable time until I asked the barman for it . He promptly went to find out . A waitress came through with our order and promptly blamed the barman on not telling her our order . I didn't think that we needed to be told this just apologise and serve out food . Our order was not what we ordered but decided to not chance another delay . We were very disappointed with the cheesecake as it was flavourless and of a strange consistency . Also the require Raspberry coulis was instead a squirty chocolate sauce . I did relay my concerns to the staff and I didn't persue it any further .
Overall we had a lovely stay and would not hesitate to return if we were in the area again .

Stayed: January 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2016

Here for three nights mid-week for work in Swansea. Asked for a quiet room and got one - top floor, end of corridor; perfect for my needs. Reception staff could not have been more helpful, ordering taxis for me, helping me sort out a glitch in my booking (which had made by my client, who got it a bit wrong), even finding a teapot for me to use in my room which I really appreciated as the mugs are small. The room was delightful, spacious and pleasant. I'm not sure the housekeeping staff are quite up to scratch. For example, having a bath on the first evening I encountered a tide-mark in the bath left by a previous resident, not visible but rough under the fingertips in a ring around the bath. Oh well, I thought, it'll get cleaned tomorrow. But it didn't, nor the next day either. I'd have done it myself if the equipment had been available. Also, a notice in the bathroom said to leave your towels on the floor if you wanted them changed, so I carefully left them off the floor (a bit tricky as there are no hooks or rails to hang them on) but they got changed anyway. But these are minor oddities, generally the hotel is very clean and well kept. The wi-fi worked really well which was a relief. Overall it was a great place to stay, spacious and comfortable. I'll certainly stay here again if I come back to work in Swansea in the future.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms, away from the stairs/lift, are good if you want quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2016

This is the third time we have been to a show & stay & I cannot stress how much this is the best value for money I have ever spent. However, on this occasion I cannot help but feel a little disappointed & mislead as I booked for the Franki Valli tribute night showing on Jan 23rd which was a surprise Christmas present for my Partner, Brother & Sister-In-Law. Despite there being no mention of it in the advertisement, the act in actual fact turned out to be The Overtones verses The Jersey Boys. The first half of the show was non-existent of any Franki Valli songs. We did however, make the most of the night & thoroughly enjoyed. The two course carvery was delicious & very well organised. The staff work so hard & are a delight.
On arrival we had a snack & chill out in the bar before checking in at 3pm. TV Screens for the men who like to watch the sport! We were allocated rooms 107 & 205 in the annex part of the hotel which was perfect, as the swimming pool & spa facilities are on the bottom floor which meant we could put our bathers & robes on in our room & take the lift to floor zero. Our rooms were beautiful & spotless with a view of the Tower. Breakfast was served between 7.30 & 10.30 with plenty of choice ranging from full English, (which was delicious) to continental. As check out wasn’t until 12 mid-day we used the spa facilities after eating breakfast and before check out. You get use of the pool, Jacuzzi, & steam room. There is a conservatory area where you can have a lovely relaxing chill out on the sun beds and treatments which are available to book at an extra cost.
I did air my concerns regarding the act on checking out & the receptionist’s kindly made a note of my disappointment, taking my Mob No. email address & room No’s. I am awaiting a response. Despite my gripe about the actual show, this definitely would not deter me from booking in the future, hopefully the near future! I highly recommend. A big thank you to all at the Tower Hotel & Spa.

Room Tip: Request a room in the Annex. Perfect for using the spa facilities.
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2016

Had booked a tribute night show and stay for a birthday treat and it did not disappoint. Our room was in the annex where the leisure facilities are located. Lovely clean room with nice décor. Used the leisure facilities where you are provided with a towel. It wasn't too busy so had a nice relaxing time.
The tribute was Franki Valli and it was absolutely fantastic. The food, service and group themselves were brilliant. They had good audience interaction and we didn't stop dancing all night.
Breakfast was included and even though it was busy the staff coped well. Would definitely go again.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2016

Had an excellent evening. Food was very good considering we were a large party. The hotel was clean and warm. The room was very tastefully decorated,comfy beds, very nice bathroom and shower. Full english breakfast was really lovely, Would have preferred to have coffee and tea served to the table instead of "help yourself".

Room Tip: Rooms in the adjoining building were beautiful but views not that clever and got wet running to breakfast in the rain!
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled on business