“FABULOUS WEDDING RECEPTION FROM START TO FINISH!”

The Towers Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jersey Marine
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We held our Daughter's Wedding Reception at The Towers on Friday 27th June and it was a perfect day and evening! We are frequent visitors to the hotel anyway and love the independent individuality that it possesses and the gorgeous food. We decided early on it would be The Towers for our girl's big day and they certainly went above and beyond to make sure she had the perfect day we so wanted for her. Tracy and her team worked tirelessly to ensure all ran smoothly and it did! It was relaxed and enjoyable from start to finish. The room was dressed beautifully, tables laid with exquisite precision. The waiting staff were fantastic! So helpful and polite and of course very efficient. The food was delicious, piping hot, plenty of it and silver served expertly by Linda and her team. The room was turned around quickly and the evening bash went off without a hitch, the buffet was marvelous. Tracy was our wedding co- ordinator and I cannot praise her enough, because of her expertise I was able to relax and enjoy my Daughter's day. We fell into our huge, comfy bed at some unearthly hour in the morning, happy and totally satisfied with our day. Breakfast next morning was lovely, thick bacon, tasty sausages, scrambled egg, grilled tomatoes, whole mushrooms, fresh juice all with a welcoming smile from the staff. Nothing during the whole event was too much trouble, every member of staff smiled and took time to be friendly. I wholeheartedly recommend The Towers for any event, but if you are planning a wedding....you won't be disappointed if you book here.

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies are particularly nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gowergal

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed here with a friend for 2 nights when I attend ed a wedding reception on 26/27 June.
The rooms were basic but the bathrooms were 5 star! :-) lovely! The showers were lovely.

The Tower rooms I have been told are not for the faint hearted, ie, it doesn't have an elevator you have to climb the stairs! :-| not great when you are drunk from enjoying yourself he he he

The staff were very friendly and the bar men were gorgeous! :-D so I had a good time ogling them! ;-)

Its quite a small hotel, but has an amazing looking annexe which is lovely, and I heard the rooms were very good too (2 double beds in the room). Think because I complained about the price we ended up below the reception and it was quite nosy at night AND first thing in the morning (no lie in for me!)

The hotel was a VERY good place to hold a small wedding. The function room was lovely and so was the food!! The welsh cakes they served at the pre-reception drinks on the green was amazing! and the serving ladies were quite sweet :-)

The hotel itself isn't very pretty (could do with a makeover) but it is nice once you get in to it.

The price is quite pricey I feel for one night B&B, especially for the location as its a bit out of the way....(the breakfasts were good though).

Room Tip: Tell them NOT to put you below reception, they talk all through the night...it was quite nosy!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2014

A warm smiley welcome from the staff at reception, was a promising start to the this trip. The young lady running the spa was also very personable and professional. Slightly unexpected for a hotel that is trading on being a landmark and a spa hotel, the staff were excellent.

Clean rooms, but a bit tatty in the corridors, clearly I was in a block that is in need of a bit of renovation. I might not have have been thinking along those lines had the view from my room been a bit better than council house back garden, and if I hadn't paid £80 for the privilege.

Otherwise seems like a comfortable place to stay, with a relaxing vibe about it, partly due to the staff rather than the architecture.

Room Tip: Be clear when you book, what you expect in terms of location of the room, and the view it has (if th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I booked a meal here for our family and friends for after our wedding which took place in the County Hall. We didn't want a reception so we chose the Towers as the menu suited everyone and the location was ideal.
They did not let us down with the food, we had twenty two in our party and everyone commented on how nice the food was, it was served very quick and all meals were pipping hot.
As for the location, there is plenty of parking, lounge and bar area are more than adequate and there is a lovely area outside if the weather is nice.
We had a fabulous day, so thank you Towers.
Give them a try!!!!!!!

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I absolutely love the towers, I've been a handful of times and only on one occasion had a minor problem which was when I ordered the cheese platter for room service (£5) he forgot the grapes and crackers so I just had the cheese and when he had to come back I was charged another £5 even though it was not my fault, I didn't realise until I had drove away. The meal was lovely and the breakfast was superb.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Samthom22
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed here with friends for a tribute night. The room was lovely, clean and comfortable. The evenings two course carvery enjoyable, considering it was made for so many and the breakfast was plentiful. We took advantage of the Spa facilities which were excellent but with hidden charges and even though we'd paid for overnight stay we couldn't have a robe at the Spa (only people booking for the day!!!) the let down of the place I'm sorry to say were the staff, rude, unhelpful and some really quite brash! There were a few that had more way with them but such a shame that they lack so much on staff training, when they have everything else pretty well covered.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed at The Tower June 13th for a tribute night.On arrival to check in the receptionist was both pleasant and welcoming.We were in room 50,lovely room,very big and airy.The room was immaculate,plenty of complimentary toiletries,towels white and fluffy.The small balcony was a bonus,and as the weather was nice we were able to sit outside and enjoy a cup of tea in the morning.The bar areas are very pleasant.The cavary served in the evening was plentiful and hot,espeically liked the gravy,like mum used to make.The tribute acts were good and plenty of time for dancing.Breakfast again was excellent.Large choice and piping hot.Had a wander around grounds and they are lovely,perfect for a wedding.We live locally but have not been to Towers for years,or next outing will be sooner rather than later.I hear they do excellent spa days.One downside was the white wine was served on the warmish side,in the 3 bars I tried,chill a little longer and I`m in paradise.

Room Tip: We were on top floor and it was quiet and peaceful
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel
The BlueBell Hotel
The BlueBell Hotel
#1 of 3 in Neath

Been to The Towers Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!