“Great value for money”

The Towers Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jersey Marine
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We paid £100 for a nice double room including breakfast. Considering any B&B double costs at least £65, this was very good value. There's a pool, sauna, steam room, and jacuzzi (the first three of which were very good), all at no extra charge. The breakfast buffet is large and pretty good.

Some people reviewing this hotel have criticised the restaurant. It's not Gordon Ramsay or Jamie Oliver, but we had a nice meal. Yes, a slightly incongruous bowl of peas appears to accompany every main course. Just ignore them if you're feeling snobby. The food is tasty and good value.

About the only thing I would complain about, if I were the complaining type, is that one or two bits of the public area could do with a bit of a spruce-up - there are some slightly threadbare bits of the stair carpets, one or two chips out of wood fixtures, etc. But these really don't matter and the overall package is very attractive. We will definitely come back here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We held our wedding at The Towers in early August and had an amazing day. The day ran so smoothly and we would have no issues recommending this venue to people. We had a large number of guests staying with us over the weekend, and so many people commented on how friendly and helpful the staff were. The food was brilliant, and again so many comments from guests about had much they had enjoyed it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Frances186466, Manager at The Towers Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for the lovely review and great to hear that everyone enjoyed the wedding and their stay at the hotel, even though your guests nearly drank us out of Guinness! Hope to see you back soon at The Towers Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

My 2nd spa day at the towers,was great. Was most impressed that I hav an allergy so staff made me up seperate plates of food in addition to what I cod eat frm the buffet,never been accomodated like this before. Have already planned my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Just spent two lovely days based at this hotel.Rooms were excellent and spotlessly clean.Food was varied and top quality.Staff were very pleasant especially lovely Charlotte who just couldn't do enough for us.So polite and caring realy made our short break.WE would definately return to what realy is a 4*star hotel at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Put your faith in Charlotte she'll advise you on how best to enjoy your well earned break.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I spent just over 2 years as a guest at the Towers for business purposes. There are a few basics that any business traveller would like, or most likely, I get picky about. The list? Car parking, quiet, internet connection, somewhere to hang my wash bag, a bathroom, a desk and plugs above the desk. The Towers did all of this without breaking a sweat. In addition, you are in easy reach of the motorway and Swansea.

Apart from sleeping there, other things need to exist to keep the weary traveller happy. The bar and restaurant are well run even if the menu can be clocked several times over in a short time. In the time I was there the feeling was that the hotel had a split personality. During the week it appealed very well to the workers and at weekend became a hot wedding or event venue. Personally, I think it did both of these very well.

On the occasional weekend I would get my family down to stay and even extended to bank holidays. The reception staff made a real effort to upgrade me for the weekends and gave some great advice on child friendly places in the area. Even in the pouring rain we found solace in the warm pool and spa.

The staff were all friendly, helpful and above all real people.

Would I stay here again ... of course ... and thank you for looking after me

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We only stayed for one night but still managed to use the pool, hot tub, steam room, bar and restaurant!

The staff at reception were very friendly and efficient and most helpful. The room was clean and adequate and air conditioned, the view was not great but who cares? The spa area was very clean, staff were friendly it is a little on the small side and can imagine it could get busy at time.

The restaurant was ok and food was good, breakfast was self service.

The only slight issue was a hen party in the next door room which was very noisy until 2am!

Overall would have no hesitation in returning!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

I was taken to the towers for my birthday to have a spa and stay, we walked to our room along carpets badly in need of a hoover and clean to door glass smothered in finger prints. I entered my room with anticipation of a relaxing time to find the bed a mess and a half eaten fluff covered biscuit on the floor and some dried peas. I sat beside the bed to find what can only be described as a snot smudged along the side of the bed. Heading to the window they were absolutely stinking and when opened revealed a while villiage of dead bugs all round the frame with lashings if dirt and grime obviously not washed for months and months. We complained after we found rubbish behind the bathroom door and found the shower covered in mould and limescale. We were upgraded to a new room that must have cost more than the £100 that we paid for the standard rom only to find it, was just as dirty with dead, skin layers alongside the bath and empty used boules of shower gel in the floor in the bathroom. Strains all over the carpet had us a good game of eye spy how did they make that stain I wonder. All in, all the spa was nice but even the restraunt was dirty with food all over the floor at the start of service at 6. For the price people pay they don't invest in even the simplest of house keeping essentials. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Shellbop
Frances186466, Manager at The Towers Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Many thanks for your feedback on your stay with us and am sorry that you felt you had to write such a review after we dealt with these issues on check-in. After you reported the issues with the room to reception, we immediately upgraded you to a Suite. I myself checked and asked your partner if everything was acceptable with the Suite and the response given was that everything was good. We will always try and offer a solution to any problem at the hotel to ensure that guests are happy with the time they spend with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jersey Marine
Swansea Marriott Hotel
The BlueBell Hotel
The BlueBell Hotel
#1 of 3 in Neath

Been to The Towers Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!