“fantastic experience”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jersey Marine
neath
“fantastic experience”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Attended a wedding here last weekend with friends and stayed overnight. Had an amazing time and will definately be returning. A great wedding reception with professional staff, followed by a very comfy stay in a clean room. The food was lovely both during the day and night. Staff were cheery and helpful throughout the day/night and nothing seemed to be too much to ask. Prices were reasonable for drinks with plenty of choice.
I have visited the hotel before with my children during the day for food, and again found the service to be great. With 1 disabled child and 1 toddler we are not always welcomed into venues but this was not the case here. Again the professionalism of the staff put both the adults and children at ease and enabled us to relax and enjoy the food.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wills68Neath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I have recently enjoyed a spa and overnight stay in the health spa section of the hotel with friends. All i can say is what a pleasant experience it was, the staff were friendly, well mannered and more than helpful. The facility was clean and modern and very satisfactory!! I had spent the morning in the gym before the pool and jacuzzi with friends and also steam room and sauna before enjoying a wonderfull fresh buffett which had plenty of variety and more than enough fo myself and friends. As for the treatments they were outstanding the rooms were very relaxing and the girls did an amzing job leaving me wanting to come back for more!! i have recommeded the spa to friends and family andd also hinted to my partner that this would be a great gift (wink wink)! thank you to all the staff and look forward to my next visit

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank amyjayne1983
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The décor was nice, the surroundings were nice and the bar and service staff were pleasant and helpful.
However the manager was surly, rude and acted as if she couldn't care less about the customers. I attended a wedding there with my wife and the manager had had an altercation with some of the other guests who were drinking their own booze in the car park. They were in the wrong I'm not questioning that but the sheer attitude of her was appalling. We were sitting outside on some benches right next to the car park and as she began to walk back I got up to go to my car to collect the wedding card in there whist carrying my drink that I'd purchased at the bar ( a drink I had to return twice due to the glass being dirty). As she approached me she said venomously "I've just told your friends you can't drink your own drinks here. If you don't like it you can leave". I then politely pointed out to her that the drink I had was purchased at the bar and informed her of the dirty glasses. Her response was to look me up and down, shrug then walk off.

I notice from another review here that her attitude has been noted.

The positives of the Towers is outweighed by her, frankly, stinking attitude to paying guests and I for one will never again spend my hard earned cash there. And if the owners are reading this I strongly suggest you review your hiring policy.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hypercc
Frances186466, Manager at The Towers Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
Firstly, I would like to thank you for your feedback. As a hotel, all drinks consumed on our premises and grounds have to be purchased directly from us. A large amount of alcohol (products not stocked by us) was being consumed in the car park of the hotel, from the back of vehicles. The manager on the day was especially concerned about the safety of guests, which is always paramount. On this occassion if there was any misunderstanding, then we sincerely apologise.
Briton Ferry, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I had come to the towers a few times and always enjoyed the experience staying in the hotel and spa, but this particular day, myself and a friend turned up at the spa and found that we were booked in on the same day as a hen party of about 25 people, when we went for food we had no where to sit and all the attention was based on the hen party the staff totally forgot about us the massage was completelly rushed and there ws hardly any food for us, when we were leaving the spa the changing rooms stinking and when i spoke to the receptionist i mentioned that it would of been nice to have been told about hen party as we would of booked another day she didint seem to care and offered us a stay at the pool for free and we replied that our whole day has been ruined and i feel more stressed now than when i arrived, and tallthey can offer is a free stay at their pool this is all they offered us even though we spend nearly £150, she told us to write letter to the manager and the manager replied so i decided to ring her and she basically said that she didnt care and all that she will offer is a free day by the pool!!! horendous service from the manager of the towers no peronal care we are never going again my friend was going to book her wedding there and we told not too!! so they have lost hundreds of pounds of money because they coulnt even bother to give a higher standard of service absolutelly discusting!!! very very upset...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank Aimee12345
Many thanks for the feedback and I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time at the Spa. As you can appreciate the Spa attracts groups of ladies, especially during peak periods which was the situation on the day that you visited. I am sorry to hear that you did not take us up on the offer of a complimentary day at the Spa, with use of the facilities on an alternative date.
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I looked forward to my 'luxurious' spa package which at £64 for use of pool/jacuzzi/sauna with back/shoulder/neck massage and buffet lunch sounded reasonable. However, I arrived on the Monday morning and first impressions were poor. There had been a wedding on the Saturday and the tables outside the 'Spa' building were still littered with full ashtrays and empty cigarette packets. Not a good start.
I was pointed in the direction of the 'chill out lounge' by a receptionist who was full of cold and not very forthcoming in showing me the way. The 'chill out' lounge was again disappointing, no relaxing music or lighting, it felt more like a conference room with bean bags and an unfortunate view of the back of Amazon.
The jacuzzi and steam room were just ok. I was then called for my hour treatment, this should be good! The therapist was lovely but insisted on talking for the first half of the treatment until she finally got the hint. The 'relaxing' music was too loud with the same track playing over and over again, in the end I had to ask for it to be turned down. Only to hear the noise from the pool-I then realised why they keep the volume up!
My treatment was ok, there was no information given on the products used or discussion about skin types/allergies etc.
There was no water facilities available outside the sauna/steam room although it's essential to keep hydrated. The only water machine was in the gym and it wasn't advertised as being there, I had to seek it out!
Back to the 'chill out' lounge where a tatty trolley was wheeled in and plates of cling-filmed food laid out by the therapists who'd done our treatments. The food was average buffet food with a complimentary drink. Again, no ambience in the 'chill out' lounge, not even some background music.
I've never wanted to leave a Spa Package before, but I couldn't wait to get changed and go, only to be told on my way out that there was a problem with the card machine and that I'd have to go over to the main building to pick up my receipt!
Overall very disappointing, tatty and expensive. If it had been half that price I'd still begrudge paying it and I certainly won't go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank 186466Sharon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Reading the above reviews we think it is very unfair to criticise a hotel for the bad behaviour of some of their guests. However it may be worth asking whether they have a ‘possibly noisy’ function booked at the same time as your proposed stay. It is also interesting to read the reviews of the bedrooms; it seems as if there are older and newer rooms available. Ours was obviously fairly new and very good. The bathroom area was particularly good and clean with good ‘separation’ from the bedroom area. The Wi-Fi worked OK except for one occasion in the evening. Interesting comment from one of the other reviewers regarding the room keys – we did have trouble on one occasion, but this was quickly fixed. As mentioned by others, the staff were very polite and friendly. If we have any criticism it would be regarding the evening meal in the restaurant. The hotel is obviously well ‘set up’ to cater for the function market and we are sure they would do this well, however this does mean that it falls down a bit on ‘quality evening dinner’ market. The tables looked as if they could do with a good scrub, but to be fair some of the ‘look’ could be that some tables needed re-varnishing. The evening menu has not caught up with the modern trend of lighter and fresher food and does need a revamp. It does seem to cater for something a bit down-market compared to the quality of the rest of the hotel. The roast dinner was from a bygone age – looking, most likely, like cold meat heated up with hot gravy – large portions, fine for a transport cafe, but not acceptable in a modern hotel these days. The vegetables were served in ‘soup plates’, a little eccentric, but perhaps OK if they were sparkling fresh and innovative, but .... . We could go on about the meal, but that would be to leave an impression that things were all bad, which is not the impression that we wish to give. We expect the hotel has a plan for the refurbishment of the restaurant all in good time. When the revamp comes, may we add a suggestion of a (perhaps removable) Carvery and the removal of the bench seating?
We hope that the above suggestions will be taken positively and hope it will be of help others. The hotel is very conveniently situated and we would certainly stay there again (if they will have us after the above!) if we are in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2011

On arrival I was met, at the reception, by a welcoming smile, and quickly directed to my room, after being given details of my eating arrangements and a quick over view of the facilities on offer.
The nature of my business trip allowed me the luxury of being at the hotel over the weekend, and I was able to witness a works event a seminar a hen party and a wedding, taking place at the hotel. This is a very busy venue, but I was able to relax in the residents bar, very modern but very comfortable.
As you can imagine the nature of the events i witnessed were very lively, but I was undisturbed for the duration of my stay, which was a bonus as I had to be leaving the hotel each day by 8am to arrive promptly for work.
The rooms are very comfortable and offer complimentary Sky TV and Wi-Fi, the Wi-Fi became a bit crowded on the Saturday as you may expect with the number of events taking place there, but was very usable at other times. The showers are very controllable and very refreshing in the morning.
I stayed B&B evening meal and the restaurant was very good, offering a varied menu in the evening, which was very appetising. I had steak two nights which were cooked to perfection as requested, and on the Friday I had Cod in Batter which was so firm and fresh it tasted fantastic. I can’t tell you about the sweet menu as I was never able to order any due to the fact that I was so stuffed from my main course. A very good variety was available for breakfast, the full welsh kept me going till late afternoon the bacon was so thick it was almost a gammon steak, and the eggs were very tasty .
The staff were fantastic very helpful and courteous to all the residents you could tell people returned their regularly, but I never felt I was ignored in their favour, and treated the very young and the older customers with great respect.
If you’re visiting Swansea Bay area this Hotel is very well positioned not far from the M4 jnc. 42, and the Mumbles resort is less than a half hour drive, or the area offers good cycling routes right around the bay.

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff they work hard