“Great asset to area”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Four of us enjoyed a lovely meal from the £25 set menu, which proved to be incredibly good value. The surroundings are quirky and comfortable, the staff very polite and the food imaginative. Catch it quick before 'silly season'. We'll be back in a couple of months.

2  Thank Sally L

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came here after reading all the good reviews. It was to celebrate my birthday. Firstly I noticed the room was rather tired and looked like a b&b dining room )probably because it is). The staff seemed friendly however and we we're given 2 menus. Unfortunately they had run out of my choice on the a la carte menu even though it was only 8.30. I then ordered my main course from the fixed menu instead and was assured I would be charged the fixed menu price. After some delay 1/2hour the starter arrived which was ok. We them waited nearly an hour for the main course and had to remind them! The lamb was ok but the green beans were raw and I did comment on this when asked how the meal was but received no response . When the bill came they had in fact charged us from the a la carte menu for my meal. We politely raised this only to be told it was correct. My husband argued our case and after much behind the scenes discussion they agreed with us but without any apology and with some belligerence. This really upset me and spoilt my birthday evening which my husband had gone to such trouble to organise. I would never recommend this restaurant. We eat out regularly and have never had this treatment before. It seemed ridiculous that they were arguing over £7 when we had been assured that we were ordering from the set menu. We could have complained about how long we had to wait (it was nearly 10pm before we go your meal/how unbearably hot it was because the window couldn't open) but we didn't as it's not usually something we do but I feel very strongly about this ruined evening.

4  Thank SUEB246679
Reviewed June 5, 2014

What a wonderful evening. Superb food, beautifully presented. Polite, efficient staff. Lovely table settings in cosy, pleasant surroundings. I'm sure I speak for all 11 of us ladies who dined together tonight.

3  Thank Rhian62
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Well done Chef. Four people, four different starters, four different main courses and four common reviews . . . .superb, superb, superb, superb. Well done Chef Sara and host Bill. Quite simply the best dining in Aberaeron. We would recommend Manuka wholeheartedly.

2  Thank foodie2552
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of dinning here during our 4 day stay at the Arosfa guesthouse.From the start of the meal, the service, the flavor combinations, and every aspect of our experience was absolutely top notch. The food was superb, The service throughout was impeccable. I have lived here in the United Kingdom for 10 years. I would have to say this was the best meal I have ever had in this country. I am from America and I have had some fantastic dining experiences in my life time. I would highly recommend a visit to anyone. You will not be disapointed.

3  Thank RATE913