“Fantastic food and lovely staff”
Review of The Cellar

The Cellar
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Aberaeron
Cuisines: European, British, Welsh
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lunch and Evening meals.Beautiful harbour views.
south wales uk
“Fantastic food and lovely staff”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We visited Aberaeron purely to try The Harbour Master but after an extremely disappointing meal we decided to try The Cellar. Im so glad that we did. We returned the following evening too as the meals were some of the best that we have ever eaten. Prices to suit all budgets and every dish looked delicious.

1 Thank nickySouthWalesUk

stoke on trent
“Very enjoyable night”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stumbled across this place recently while on holiday with my wife and what a lucky piece of stumbling it was !!!! On entering I was a little concerned as there were only 2 other diners in the place. I neednt have worried.The restaurant itself is very clean and modern. The 2 young girls who were waiting on were very pleasant and helpful. My starter of King Prawns in a Chilli Sauce was absolutely wonderful. I thought that 2 starters, 2 mains and 2 drinks each for under £50 in a place of this quality was very good value. We will definitely return.

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“A little gem”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were recommended to eat here by the owner of our B&B. We have previously walked past it many times, not noticing it below the fish & chip restaurant. We decided to give it a try, and were pleasantly surprised. The decor is modern but not exceptional, and on a very warm evening the room was a bit too airless. But the food was outstanding!
I had the trio of welsh lamb - individual portions of perfect pink lamb cannon on savoy cabbage with bacon, shepherds pie & shredded lamb shoulder. Just wonderful. My husband had trio of fish - plaice, megrim & seabass. Fantastic! The cheeseboard was OK but not exceptional. When the bill came we double-checked it as it seemed too little. This was one of the best meals I have ever eaten in Wales.
The location by the waters edge of Abaeraron harbour is great too..

“A must!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Cracking place, staff look out for you, good food at fair prices, great views. One on the gems of Aberaeron. Well worth a visit.

Visited May 2013
Pembrokeshire
“Stunning, the gem of Aberaeron”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I enjoy food and will be brutally honest about any restaurant I dine in. I arrived as part of a works dinner snd I will say from the service, to the meal and to the after service this is the best meal I have had for a long time. The garlic mushrooms were to perfection, the belly of pork was perfect, not too fatty as belly of pork can be, the mustard cabbage was to die for (this is from a person who detests his greens)! The service was impeccable, the wine list ample. The lady who owned the place was very pleasant, friendly and chatty, just what you would want. although I was treated to this meal, i woud say it is very cheap for the standard and sevice you receive.
Would I return? Hell yes, cant wait to come back with my partner. Diolch yn fawr