“Stunning, the gem of Aberaeron”
Review of The Cellar

The Cellar
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Aberaeron
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lunch and Evening meals.Beautiful harbour views.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I enjoy food and will be brutally honest about any restaurant I dine in. I arrived as part of a works dinner snd I will say from the service, to the meal and to the after service this is the best meal I have had for a long time. The garlic mushrooms were to perfection, the belly of pork was perfect, not too fatty as belly of pork can be, the mustard cabbage was to die for (this is from a person who detests his greens)! The service was impeccable, the wine list ample. The lady who owned the place was very pleasant, friendly and chatty, just what you would want. although I was treated to this meal, i woud say it is very cheap for the standard and sevice you receive.
Would I return? Hell yes, cant wait to come back with my partner. Diolch yn fawr

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Very attentive service. We had the tapas and it was excellent and extremely good value. Great location on the Harbour.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

What a great place this is! Having walked past the Cellar so many times and not been inspired by the exterior or the fact that it is tucked away beneath the fish and chip shop we decided to give it a try and certainly weren't disappointed! The place was fully booked so we accepted the offer of an early doors table and were pleased to find several other diners there too which added to the atmosphere. By half past seven the restaurant was full. Service was excellent- prompt and friendly without being intrusive. Food was excellent - we shared delicious garlic cheesy mushrooms for starter, shared wonderful chocolate orange brownies for dessert and for our main had bream and steak. Steak has to be the best eaten for a long long time! All washed down with a bottle of delicious Pinot for £75 which in my book represents fantastic value for the whole experience! This place is not to be missed- just hope too many people don't find out about it!

1  Thank MayhemRossonWye_UK
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across this wanderful little resturant and so glad we did. Squeezed us in despite being fully booked. I had the trio of lamb ( seriously good) my wife the bream and the children mussels ( small sweet and perfectly cooked) and fish cakes. Very accommodating with serving smaller portions for the children am service attentive, friendly but not over powering.
It won't be long before this starts earning some serious awards. Can't recommend highly enough

1  Thank Jolybob
Reviewed June 1, 2013

here is a restaurant that gets everything right, from the decor, to ambience, welcome, service and the exceptionally good and imaginative menu. Staff cannot do enough for you, children are welcomed and parents can relax. This is a must go to restaurant if you are in the area.

1  Thank Amanda L