“Would stay again”

Ty Gwyn Guesthouse
Ranked #7 of 12 Aberaeron B&B and Inns
“Would stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Mark is a great host nothing is too much trouble!!!!!
The room was lovely with a great sea view and a really comfy bed.
Great location not far from Newquay and Aberystwyth.
Will definitely be staying again.
John and Lindsey

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Lindseylou67
MARKTYGWYN, Owner at Ty Gwyn Guesthouse, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thanks for your comments, it is as always great to hear you had a good visit....Regards Mark..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bournemouth-UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a 3 night stay and wanted to let people know straight away what a thoroughly enjoyable weekend we had thanks to the warm welcome extended to us by Mark @ the Ty Gwyn. We were visiting Aberaeron for the first time for my son's wedding so it was a really important weekend for us. From the minute we arrived Mark went out of his way to make us feel welcome and this continued to be the case throughout the whole weekend. Our room was spotlessly clean, it was front facing with a superb view of the sea, had one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in on my travels and the breakfast was excellent. Over and above that, however, it was all the added touches which Mark included which made it such a pleasant stay. A welcoming cup of tea and a chat; advice on local restaurants and local sites to visit, a lift into the town on our first night to save us having to book a taxi and he even introduced us to his family who were visiting all of which made us feel so at home and welcome. All in all a great stay and one place we'll certainly be booking into on our next visit to this lovely part of West Wales. Diolch yn fawr Mark.....

Room Tip: Front facing room was great with sea views....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rob-Lyn
MARKTYGWYN, Owner at Ty Gwyn Guesthouse, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
It was a pleasure to have met you both and I am pleased the special weekend went so well for you...Having the great weather helped too..!!!..See you again,regards Mark..
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had a great time at Ty Gwyn.
Mark is an outstanding host, extremely helpful and was keen to make sure we had a good time.
I can understand all the reviews on the welsh breakfast but don't let the scrambled eggs pass you buy. Without any doubt the best I've ever tasted.
Would recommend to anyone

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin H
MARKTYGWYN, Owner at Ty Gwyn Guesthouse, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thanks Kevin, I think Jamie oliver should get the praise, I use his recipe..And fresh local farm eggs..I am glad you enjoyed.....It is always a pleasure to serve up good food that is appreciated,regards, Mark..
Loughborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had a lovely time at Ty Gwyn. We came as a family unit with myself and my wife staying in Ty Gwyn and my brother and disabled father staying in the annexe. The room we had was spacious and very well presented, and the breakfasts were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for the host Mark.Can certainly highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris J
MARKTYGWYN, Owner at Ty Gwyn Guesthouse, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Hi Chris, thanks for your comments..I am pleased the facilities work for your Dad so well, it was good to have him back..Good too that we now have nursing help to hand..All the best, Matk..
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Had a 3 night stay at a really good rate. The rooms were excellent, beds really comfortable and breakfast delicious. Mark was an excellent host, thoughtful, helpful and made good suggestions of places to visit. Such a positive experience I can't recommend it too highly- wish we could have stayed longer! There is also a disabled friendly self- contained unit- every one catered for and cared for. Nice outside seating area and hot tub- sadly it wasn't warm enough to try it this time. If you enjoy wildlife it's a great place too- lots of bird life including awesome red kites on the wing.

Room Tip: Room 2 has marvellous sea views from both windows and lots of natural light.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie W
Thanks for your comments....I am pleased you enjoyed all the local places of interest too, see you again, Mark
Brigg, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights during our week long touring holiday and I would have happily stayed all week. Our room was very comfortable, beautifully presented and bonus of a beautiful sea view. As has been much commented on Mark is a great host and made us very welcome, interested in what we had done and keen to recommend places to make the most of our stay. The breakfasts from locally sourced food were amazing and it was great to hear happy whistling coming from the kitchen as it was freshly prepared. The setting is wonderfully peaceful and although Mark offered us a lift into town we were happy to enjoy the short walk along the beach path to the harbour. A great deal of attention is given to make sure that the stay is a comfortable and happy one. I very much hope to return. Thank you.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cathb17
MARKTYGWYN, Owner at Ty Gwyn Guesthouse, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Hi Cath, whistling eh.! Lucky for you I sing sometimes.......I hope the trip to North Wales went well too...Regards Mark..
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had a great time at this luxurious and very friendly guesthouse. Grandma and Grandpa stayed in the thoughtfully adapted annexe for wheelchair users, while the rest of the family stayed in equally lovely accommodation in the main house. Mark was really helpful and friendly taking us to and from station in specially adapted vehicle. Felt really comfortable in the house, coming and going as we pleased and could all eat together in conservatory. Thank you Mark for great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank English_household321
MARKTYGWYN, Owner at Ty Gwyn Guesthouse, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Well I am just pleased the facilities for those of you in need here serve their purpose...My old bus with wheelchair hoist rarely gets used, unless by my kids..!!! And I hope you all had a better return train journey....