“Still first class!”
Review of Castle Hotel

Castle Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Aberaeron
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Have stayed here before and could not wait to return to visit my relations over Xmas and this was my first choice of hotels within the area again I really enjoyed my stay the rooms are well decorated in a modern style without being over the top and very clean and comfortable the breakfast was really well presented and the hospitality very warm at a decent price could not ask for more the restaurant in the evening was very enjoyable as the whole family joined us for dinner what tasteful food overall we really enjoyed ourselves and will be returning in the. Spring keep it up!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Excellent local hotel. Did not stay but ate 3 times and the food was very good and plentiful.

Locals and tourists alike give the bar a great feel even in mid Jan. Sunday lunches are particularly good value. Give it a try, I bet it gets really busy in summer even though the "in set" may go elsewhere?

Room Tip: Sorry did not stay but heard good reports
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Whilst showing two visiting friends around West Wales, we stumbled upon this beautiful hotel, where we had the greatest experience. Firstly, I'd like to say that I cannot find a picture that actually does this place justice, so be advised that it's more charming than it looks online! The staff were delightful, and offered us a fantastic deal on two rooms (Efa and Non). We started out at the bar, which is cosy, cute and well-equipped with local ales, Penderryn and Danzy Jones (which is apparently not ordered very often, but really ought to be!) We spent a fantastic night in this enchanting and very comfortable hotel, and then had an absolutely delicious breakfast (cooked and Continental!) The breakfast was made-to-order, and fabulous. I had kippers and poached eggs. Anyone who stays in Aberaeron knows that it is gorgeous, and The Castle Hotel is a beautiful, well-run and friendly addition to it!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2013

My Partner and I had a two night break in the castle in November the staff who

checked us in were very helpful. Our room was nicely decorated and clean and

just what we wanted. We ate in their restaurant that evening as they had a

two course for £15 for guests. The food was delicious and very well presented,

we found the waitress very polite and helpful and the atmosphere was great

and the music was very relaxing. The breakfast in the morning was also very

delicious on both mornings. We will definitely be returning to the Castle again and

recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Had two nights 'Autumn break' at the Castle Hotel and it couldn't have been better value, service or food. Dinner, b&b for £90! Great rooms, bar has French feel to it. Would definitely stay again, and recommend to others.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is my second visit to the Castle restaurant, this time reluctantly as I'd not enjoyed either my food or the service first time round earlier this year. However, I went with the majority vote of the group I was travelling with and had such a pleasant surprise. Friendly waiting staff who were attentive but not in your face, and delicious food. I went for the 2 course option £15 of field mushrooms with goats cheese followed by sea bass with veg - boiled new potatoes, carrots and broccoli. All beautifully cooked and presented. I succumbed to a dessert £5.50 of chocolate cheesecake which again was really good. I will definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2013

An absolute wonderful long weekend at the Castle in Aberaeron over the August Bank Holiday, so much going on in the town. The hotel staff were very friendly and the rooms were top drawer. Such a convenient location for a hotel for the harbour and beach walks as well as the Aeron river. A good breakfast served every day.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberaeron
Feathers@Aberaeron
#5 of 13 in Aberystwyth
Emlyn Hotel
Emlyn Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newcastle Emlyn

Been to Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!