All reviewslovely atmosphereyorkshire puddingserved by friendly staffhundred yardsappointed roomsmiddle of townsunday lunchnext morningpotatoeswest walesspecials boardan evening mealcooked breakfastset us up for the daycomfortable bedcooked to perfectionthe bank holiday weekend
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Small very clean room above a pub - well decorated and not any noisier than you would expect. Good value but let down by breakfast which was disappointing with one overstretched waitress!! Food was not hot and there was not much choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a wonderful meal at the Castle Hotel last Friday, and considering there was eighteen of us in the party, the service was superb. The food was very tasty and superbly presented. Our group varied in ages from mums and dads to kids, but every one had a enjoyed their meals. We will be making a point of going to eat there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Booked for Saturday evening in August near Bank Holiday. Although busy, the waitresses were attentive and very helpful and friendly. I had dressed crab with lime dressing (to die for!). And hubby had sea bass with lemon butter sauce, beautiful. Lovely new pots and veg as well. Dessert (vanilla creme brulee) was to be shared but I never did get to try it. My husband said it was the best he had ever tasted. lovely filter coffee strong but not bitter. I understand Frederic chefs Wednesday - Saturday. Don't miss this, we will DEFINATELY be returning regularly as we live locally.
Sorry I can't comment about the rooms but we isn't stay .

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank LibbyOWalesuk
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Lunch time food was ok, nothing special but not too bad.
The "Real Ale" beer was the closest I have tasted to vinegar for a long while.
When I told the manager that the beer was not right he stated that there was nothing wrong with it, later saying it may be "a little bit off" and charged me 30 pence extra for a pint of fizzy lager, which I was not too impressed about but I knew should be drinkable.
The barman apologised and said that he would not have charged me the extra money but the manager told him to do so.
The manager did tell me ten minutes later that he had changed the barrel as it had gone, not an apology, just a statement.
Try The Cadwgan just down the road for a really good pint.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank highleyborn
castle05, Manager at Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

I feel that there has been a misunderstanding the real ale in question had reached the end of the barrel and is never the same as the first pint! when I went down to change over the real ale the customer did not wish to wait and ordered a pint of lager and it was his decision to pay the extra .we were prepared to let the customer have a new pint of the real ale at no extra cost as well as the lager.
However we failed to reach an agreement .We do pride ourselves on our real ale and we continue to change our selection frequently from Doombar to Evan Evans etc We continue to listen to our customers and find there comments very important
We also have the largest range of imported lagers on tap in the vicinity including Leffe Hoegaarden and Peroni

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were a bit surprised to be paying £90.00 for a twin room and breakfast, no sea view but it appeared to be the last room in the town. No parking at the hotel and the town was packed so unloading the luggage and checking in was a bit of a struggle. However, a very friendly reception and the offer to park at the owner's house just up the road was gratefully received.
The room was generally fine - tv, shower, tea making facilities etc but there was a lack of attention to detail. Towel had a hole in it, little bottle of shampoo was empty and the waste plug to the basin had to be held open. The full breakfast the next day was again generally good but again the detail was missing - both butter and milk had to be asked for.
Saturday afternoon we took the bus south to New Quay and had a great walk back along the cost. The plan was to go north on Sunday morning and again walk back. We knew there were no buses but had been assured by the hotel and the tourist office that taxis would be available. We realise now we should have booked in advance as none of the taxi firms answered their phones on Sunday morning ! Drove to Aberystwyth instead and spent a pleasant morning there.
Aberaeron is a lovely town, particularly the beautifully painted houses but I think we might try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple