“What a gem!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Bucks, (UK)
“What a gem!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Food was divine, service was excellent. Lovely balanced choice of courses and portions were controlled and balanced. The menu was very good value for the standard of food and the staff were friendly and welcoming. Can highly recommend the Lebanese red on the wine menu - it really is a fantastic wine.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Doodles123

Aberaeron, United Kingdom
“warm welcome and amazing food”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Myself and my fiance had dinner here for my birthday. We arrived at the hotel and was wlecomed at the front door and taken in to a lovely room with a warm fire. Once we chose our meals and when they were ready we were taken to the restaurant and wow the meals were amazing. The service was very good and we were asked on a few occasions how our meals were. All courses were amazing and I highly recommend the scolops to start and venison for main. I also had a lovely suprise when my dessert came out. They dimmed the lights and had not only put a candle in my fodant but had also written happy birthday on my plate - a lovely touch for my birthday. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening and as we live close by we will be back and will be recommending it to friends and family.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank katy w
London, United Kingdom
“Warm Welcome”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Very warm and friendly welcome from all at the hotel. The hotel has an aged charm and the restaurant provides delicious meals. Set in a beautiful part of the world, all in all a very welcoming stay.

Visited August 2013
Grosmont, United Kingdom
“Top notch awaiting stardom!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This restaurant is an experience to dine in.

The overall selection was good and the value was excellent.

Service throughout was attentive and made you feel important to them and special.

Every aspect of the food was excellent, as well presented, tasty food with reasonable portions continue to keep you happy throughout.

Both the food and wine, which had a good selection, were reasonably priced.

I am sure when they are inspected, then rewards will follow.

I would recommend, and I will return.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Cwyfan
London, United Kingdom
“Fine cooking in well appointed restaurant”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This country house hotel is well run by the McAllpines. Pre dinner drinks are served in the library and then one is ushered into a fine dining room. The quality of the cooking is very good and pretty well all ingredients are sourced locally. A bit expensive for the local area but the cost is well worth it. There is a small but very plush cinema in the basement area where a variety of films are screened

Visited March 2013