“Jones y Cardi”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Neuadd Fawr Arms

Neuadd Fawr Arms
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Llandovery
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Welsh, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The Neuadd Arms pub and restaurant is a family run business situated in the hamlet of Cilycwm, three miles north of Llandovery, in the beautiful Towy Valley. It is a great place for locals and visitors alike to experience great food, good beer and fine wines. Our menu caters for all who appreciate great food and is inspired by tradition and created with imagination. All our food is cooked from scratch using where possible locally sourced ingredients including Lamb from our farm just down the road. We serve a traditional Sunday lunch between 12-3 pm. Booking is advisable We can cater for small dinner parties and occasions such as Birthday Parties, Anniversaries, Charity Events and Fundraisers.
carmarthen
“Jones y Cardi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

What a gem of a pub with absolutely delicious food, plenty of choice and obviously home cooked. Some nice touches are a surprise. Well done you.

We look forward to going back.

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“A warm welcome and very good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were very pleased to come across this welcoming pub after cycling over the mountain road from Pumsaint. The woodburner thawed us out and the landlady made us feel very welcome. The food was delicious, especially the slow cooked lamb with chickpeas which was a special of the day. I particularly liked the decor and crockery.

1 Thank Richard M
Pennard, United Kingdom
“Well worth the journey to sample this inventive food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here for a late lunch on Saturday afternoon following a chance recommendation the previous week combined with the glowing TA reviews (although we can't work out why there hasn't been a review since December 2012?!) It's so great to find somewhere that serves throughout the day on weekends. The service here was warm and friendly and the menu is inventive and comprehensive with a more unusual combination of ingredients and flavours, making a lovely change. I struggled to order as I fancied more or less everything on the menu! The "landlady" was very helpful and advised that I could mix and match certain elements if I liked (e.g. the poached pear that came with the pork loin could be served with the veal etc) We eventually decided on starters of chicken liver and duck pate with a hazelnut mousse and creamy guinea fowl and asparagus served in a filo pastry case. Both were full of flavour and generous in portion size. For our mains we had the rabbit and guinea fowl stew cooked with pearl barley and beans (slow cooked, rich and tasty) and I chose the veal topped with Parma ham in a sherry and sage sauce (very good) with home made chips. We shared a chocolate tort dessert with home made zabaglione custard (the chef makes the custard and ice cream himself). I had 2 glasses of (very decent) house red and my boyfriend had a pint of beer and the bill came to £47 which is excellent value for money. We look forward to returning in the very near future.

1 Thank cargriff
“Great food, great hosts.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've eaten here seven or eight times this year. Either with my wife or a larger group and have enjoyed every meal. The food is home cooked, the service friendly and prompt and the atmosphere relaxed. I look forward to going back again.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Richard and Cla... L
Machynlleth, Wales, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food and great beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Went for Sunday lunch last weekend. Great welcome, good beer, wonderfully interesting menu, very tasty home cooked food and great value. Highly recommended. So much better than the usual pub food/environment and great to have all this on the doorstep when we stay with James and Sarah at Henllys Estate.

Visited December 2012