“the stay please read before you pay”

Red Roof Inn Memphis East
Ranked #63 of 139 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed April 27, 2008

In every hotel you have good and bad. My family stayed in this hotel one night in memphis tenn. We left the next day here is my review. I am typeing just before we leave.
We got there and check in was easy. The water pressure in the showers was alright. the coffee was good. Two of the three rooms where alright. The Television didnt have many channels. There was much noise going on from outside. We didnt have enough towels or shampoo. The Pillows where extremely flat and uncofortable as where the beds.
When we called for some more stuff we had to go and get it. The third room we had was NASTY! there were stains on the floor the walls ect. there werent any shades on ANY of the lights. When my niece and my cousins friends little girl crawled on the floor then picked up there was black stuff ALL on the front of their legs. the bottom of your feet/ socks turned black also.
cheap prices dont always mean that there are bad rooms. In our case it was a 1 out of 3 rooms. I suggest that you pay the extra 20 or so bucks and get a different hotel.

Stayed: April 2008

Reviewed April 25, 2008

Avoid! This is not worth any price, no matter how cheap.
Dirty rooms, non-working A/C, unresponsive staff. The room I reserved was non-smoking, but I got a "former" smoking room - the carpet still stinks, the furniture has cigarette burns, the bed was lumpy. I called the front desk, they claimed they were very busy and would call back - they never did. They genuinely didn't give a hoot about any of their guests. I wouldn't stay here again for free. And their guest service guarantee? Useless, since their customer service office closes at 5:30. Red Roof Inn is always a gamble, but this one is a very bad bet. Too bad photos can’t convey smell.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank sf6864
Reviewed January 4, 2008

I stayed at the Red roof Inn Memphis east for 3 days. Although I checked in a little late due to my arrival at the airport, checking in was no problem. Well, the usual things like lights, bath accessories, heaters/cooler was fine. It was located conveniently from the Memphis airport on the I40. But apart from this, the bathroom was kind of dinghy, the towels were not that good, the TV remote didn't work and definitely for the price paid, the room (2 king Bed) was kind of small. And, I did not even book it at the last minute. I booked it at least 3 weeks before. So, it definitely needs a lot of improvement.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2007

We recently stayed here for two nights during a weekend getaway to Memphis. We were only about a 15-20 min. drive down I-40 to downtown Memphis and were within easy walking distance to several restaurants, other hotels, stores, etc. (We walked to the Cracker Barrel next door for both breakfast and dinner). Felt very safe here and the place seemed very quiet despite the fact that they were completely booked. Only complaints were the rude housekeeping staff we had to encounter. Will stay here again if not at this hotel then at least at this exit (12).

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank SOKYWOMAN
Reviewed January 17, 2007

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn for 2 nights during a 7 month round the world trip.

It was mainly down to the reviews on this site we decided to book and in the end we were pleased with the hotel. It is very basic but we found it reasonably clean and at a price of $40 a night could find no complaints. Staff were friendly and helped out with directions etc.

Location was about 20mins drive from downtown Memphis, similar to Graceland.

There is a long strip of restaurants and fast food outlets about 2 mins drive away, we found the Ruby Tuesday's to be very good, also a bit further up the road is an Applebees. For breakfast we opted for Cracker Barrel next door which was nice and inexpensive.

Free coffee in the reception area is a nice touch.

All in all, a good clean budget hotel. Enough said really....:)

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ju123
Reviewed December 29, 2006

We have stayed at other Red Roof Inns in the past and always been pleased, however this one left us wanting to check out as soon as we checked in!

The room itself was dirty, the walls were falling apart as was the ceiling. The sheets were paper thin, and had many holes and stains. There was trash under and behind the bed, and you just felt gross being in the room the whole time.

If you want a cheap place to go, then it's ok. But if you value your health, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelingcouple05
Reviewed November 29, 2006

I stayed in this hotel for a night because I had my appointment nearby.This is almost the same type of hotel I stayed in Arkansas years ago. I am satisfied ,though my room was situated at the end of the building where you can hear passing of vehicles in the highway. Anyway, I will certainly come back here whenever I will go in Memphis again.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled solo