“Doubletree Memphis forget it” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown
Ranked #28 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
“Doubletree Memphis forget it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

TGIF Restaurant in-house, food was good. Hotel has valet parking only, not good if you have a car load of personal belongings packed in the back seat but if you ask you can follow a Parker to the fully-secured ramp, park & lock your own car & follow the Parker back to the hotel.

Check-in was another story. At 3:00 pm, the stated check-in time, check-in had a line of 20 people waiting to check in with no rooms available, not yet cleaned. Plus the lobby was full of people waiting for rooms to be cleaned.

I finally cancelled my reservation and left behind a lobby of grumbling people. Management is very lacking.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Treusse
Ghee A, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration this incident has caused you. We will use your comments as we look for new ways to meet and exceed our guests' expectations and hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality hotel experience you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Thank you.

Ghee Alexander

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Korean first
Blue Springs, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Doubletree in downtown Memphis is great place to stay, far enough away from the noise of Beale Street, but close to everything downtown! Beale Street is just a couple of blocks away, the hotel is right across the street from the ball park, close to the trolley line and all downtown restaurants and sites! Sun Records is not quite a mile down the street! We were greeted with southern style for our check-in, starting with our valet parking attendant and it continued on into the hotel with a quick registration and two warm chocolate chip cookies! The room was adequate size, nice view of downtown and quiet. We were given four drink tickets for a happy hour that takes place in the lobby for a couple of hours in the evening, and that was a nice respite after our day of driving! Parking is $22 a day - that was the only negative I can say about this hotel - but that's about what you pay anywhere in an urban area that requires valet parking! There is a TGI Friday's restaurant attached to the hotel, but we didn't eat there -- too many other local flavor places in downtown to opt for an average franchise place!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room - great views of downtown Memphis!
Memphis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had a great experience at the DoubleTree in downtown Memphis. I had booked a 5 day trip that I had to cut short and the hotel was very accommodating taking care of my stay. The room was clean and well designed. The staff was welcoming from arrival to departure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I cannot even begin to explain how disappointed we were in this hotel. I will never, ever return. First and foremost, the lobby is just so unwelcoming and the check in process was extremely slow. We checked in and dropped our luggage into our room, and quickly cleaned up to go eat, as we had been traveling from Texas for over 12 hours and we had another early morning the following day to continue on for another 13 hours. We were extremely excited to stay here as we knew it was withinwalking distance of the world famous Charles Vergos' Rendevous. We went to dinner, we were gone no more than one hour after checking in, when we arrived back to our room, I realized I had left my personal pillow downstairs while waiting for the extremely slow check-in. First thing I did was go downstairs to the check-in desk and asked the (and I use the term loosely) 'gentleman' (who was not there when we checked in) if someone had turned into the front desk, a pillow. His condescending response was " A what?!" So, I kindly repeated myself and I added.. "I left a personal pillow in the lobby accidentally at check-in and I was wondering if someone brought it to you." Without even looking and with barely lifting his head, he responded with a chuckle, "no". I said, "well.. thank you very much" and I walked away. I can hardly believe that someone would want a pillow that I had been traveling with that had a pillowcase on it that had make up smeared on it from leaning on it while traveling in a car. I guess it would have been too much effort for him to actually look and see if there was a pillow put aside or to make a call to housekeeping asking if they picked one up in the lobby. Thanks buddy, you're a true professional! I will say that the room was fairly decent, which I can't believe we lucked out on after I saw some of the pictures posted on here. Thank goodness our room was clean, my top priority when traveling. Had I seen the reviews of this hotel (and had I been in charge of booking the hotels), I would NEVER have stayed here. We did ask for additional towels (since there was only one towel and one wash cloth in our room with 2 double beds...go figure) and housekeeping was very, very prompt with bringing them to our room. Kudos to housekeeping, the one bright spot of our one night stay in this disastrous hotel. One last complaint, perhaps you may want to look into a doorman,a person in addition to the valet parking people. There is absolutely NOTHING more annoying at 7 a.m., than when you are waiting for your vehicle to be brought to you, to be approached (on hotel grounds, right outside the front door) by a man asking for money to buy a coffee who was extremely persistent! I cannot hardly believe that this is allowed on hotel property. Normally, I would have probably given him a dollar, but he was so persistent that I refused. That was the final straw for me. The pillow was partially my own fault and for that,shame on me. This was a less than enjoyable visit for us and we will not be back. I would never recommend this hotel to a anyone, not even for a single night as I had spent. Just bad, bad, bad.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank IrishScorp
Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration this incident has caused you. We will use your comments as we look for new ways to meet and exceed our guests' expectations and hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality hotel experience you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Thank you.

Ghee Alexander

Travelers are raving about these Memphis hotels

Tupelo, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed 10-19-13 for a week end trip to the city. Rooms are pretty much as previously stated; small, dark, etc. Location however is great. Across from FedEx and AutoZone parks and a 5 min walk to Beale street. Lots of great bars and restaurants nearby.

omagh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

The location of this hotel is good for handy access to Beale st. The room was small and very dark. Blinds on the windows which didn't help as even when they were open there wasn't much light. Also curtains didn't pull & were falling down from the sides.
Bed was comfy but AC was noisy when it switched on & off.
All in all the hotel was ok but not Hilton standard.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
gadsden, alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

The location is great but the room was very old, out dated and the carpet was very dirty. I informed the front desk of the carpet (it had a large sticky spot plus dirty) and he seemed very unconcerned. The staff was not friendly. Would not stay again

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton