“Perfect location”

DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown
Ranked #30 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here for a night while on a road trip. The location was perfect! We were walking distance to everything we wanted to see for our short stay in town. The rooms were nice although we had a view of part of the roof and another building. Overall I would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,934)

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Booked through expedia, and was treated like 3rd class guest. Was given a smelly room the smallest on the floor. Front desk staff was polite but did not "wow me". If not given the worst available room, likely would have given rave reviews.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Ghee A, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay. I am terribly sorry that you felt we gave you a subpar room because you booked through expedia. We value each and every guest of the hotel and strive to make every stay a wonderful one. I will share your comments with the team and look at ways we can get better.

Thanks again for the feedback and I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in town, so that you can experience our commitment to service.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The accommodating staff make up for the so-so ambience and much needed updating. This is by far no where near the nicest DT I've stayed in as it was missing some essentials like: microwave, safe, refrigerator, and faster elevators. However, the staff is so upbeat, friendly, and positive, that u are willing to overlook these inconvenices. I mean these people are just downright nice, and from the moment you walk in the door, you feel as though your a part of the family. 2 thumbs up to the front desk supervisor (can't remember her name), but she made sure we were well taken care of! Also the breakfast spread is delish and the omelet guy is top notch!! Thanks DT-Memphis, we will be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here over Memorial Day. The hotel was nice and the service was good. The location was fantastic. We were directly across from Autozone Park and two blocks from the heart of Beale Street. We were also reasonable walking distance from Sun Studio and the Civil Rights Museum. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room that faced the ballpark and we were able to see the fireworks. Although we faced the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel was very nice and clean! It was very close to everything on Beale Street which was a big draw for me and my friends. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was in a great area. I would highly recommend this property to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We just spent a couple of days on vacation in Memphis. The hotel is convenient and easy to get to from the Memphis Airport. We pulled up and were greeted with a smile from the valet. The lobby was beautiful. Check-in smooth. Upon check-in we were given a warm walnut/chocolate chip cookie. It was so DELICIOUS! I ate mine on the way to the room. And wanted to eat his too! The room was spacious and clean. Bed extra comfy! Internet worked perfectly and was easy to log onto with my Kindle Fire. TV selections good. One thing with the room - they don't use trash bags for the trash cans. I don't like that! Unsanitary to me but I always bring a couple of bags with me for this exact reason. The location was awesome. Walk right down to the Mississippi River & Beale Street. Several attractions in walking distance. Graceland about a 15 minute drive - easy to get to! And of course the Sun Studio. If you are visiting this hotel it is also close to the Lorraine Motel where MLKJ was assassinated (heartbreaking). I think also a reasonable location for Tunica as well. So it was perfect for all of our needs! Thank you for a great stay! We hope to see you again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Staff was great, they were very helpful. The service is why I stay here. The location is great. The negatives were the room could have been cleaner. Also they took a long time to bring us a refrigerator. I travel a lot and would definitely recommend this hotel for the people.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business