DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown
  • Room Service
Madison Hotel(Memphis)
Very Good 4/5
1,978 results
All reviewstgi fridaysdouble treegreat locationbeale streetvalet parkingball parkwarm cookiesautozone parkbaseball stadiumtwo blocksmemphis redbirdswithin walking distancevalet servicefedex forumcorner roomper daysun studios
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2013

First room smelled of cigarette smoke, thankfully they gave us another room. The room was so noisy from the street noise that neither one of us got any sleep. Bathroom was not very clean and hair dryer was a shock hazard. Worst night our our 8 night vacation thankfully we were only there one night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy E
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Rooms were clean, lobby was beautiful, and staff was great. The location was wonderful, we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. Housekeeping was outstanding. I want to go back to the area, just to stay at the Double Tree.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Overall my experience at this hotel was average. However if I am paying more than 150.00/night I expect for everything to function properly. The bed was clean and comfortable so no complaints there. Please pick it up as far as your equipment and I will return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Ghee A, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you had some equipment failures. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that we do all we can to create a great experience for each one of our guests. We are actively looking for ways to offer enhanced services for your comfort and convenience and will definitely keep you review in mind.

Again, I do thank you for your review and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have gone through. I hope that the next time you are in the area, you will consider staying with us at again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was by far, the worst hotel I have stayed in the US! We booked this hotel with reward points, reserving a king, non smoking room. We called ahead and said we were arriving late. When we checked in, we were told there were no king rooms available. We walked into our double room and it REEKED of cigarette smoke. We were running late to a concert, so we dropped our things and left, but not before noticing the bodily fluid stain on an otherwise white duvet. After the concert, we got back to our room and the smell was still horrible. We called downstairs about it and they said that we had a NON smoking room but that it used to be a SMOKING floor. The only thing they could do was bring up some smoke removing spray, so we asked for that. Within a few minutes, a man arrived with a bottle of Febreeze. That didn't help a bit. I have breathing issues and smoke aggravates them.

We checked out very early the next morning because we couldn't stand the smell any longer. Others on our floor were also complaining about the smell. We asked for a manager when we checked out and were told that none was available. I have never known a business of this size to not have a manager on duty 24 hours a day.

This is the first negative review I have ever written. I could handle the double room, but to have dirty linens and put us in a room that was a former smoking room AFTER we requested non smoking only was inexcusable.

Room Tip: Make sure you aren't on the 5th floor if you ask for non-smoking rooms!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank trouble1964

I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would like to take the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed in creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My brother in law booked this hotel for us while in town for the Clippers Grizzlies game. Here are my thoughts:
-Great customer service
-Great location
-Bed's were too small
-Air conditioner came on and was exceptionally loud. It was too hot not to have it on with us in the room but so loud it awoke me everytime it went off. Needless to say I didn't sleep well
-Crying baby next door was horrible ( not hotels fault but added to frustration with the airconditioner)
- Toilet did not work properly, would not flush.

I will stay here again if in Memphis, but I may try another hotel first.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

On behalf of the management and staff we’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel.
I am disappointed to learn of your mixed feelings, as we always like to ensure that our guests feel cared for, valued and respected. Our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration so that we may find ways to improve our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that we may welcome you again in the future.