“Great Location”

DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown
Ranked #30 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend.As others have mentioned it is only two blocks from Beale and right next to the Peabody in case you want to go watch the ducks.
Room for comfortable and clean. The staff was great, everyone always had a smile and made sure to check if you needed anything. TGIF's attached and the breakfast buffet was very large. We skipped lunch all three days! I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mikel54

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We were so happy to Priceline a hotel next to Beale Street. The DoubleTree is located just 2 blocks from the street full of restaurants and entertainment. The room was a little small and crowded but clean and the bed was very comfortable. We could not get our room to cool as we wanted - a cold front came through while we were there and could only get heat to come from the unit in the room & the unit is a little noisy-which we didn't mind because we prefer a humming noise as we sleep.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bretmcbunch
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This hotel was one of the cheaper ones near Beale Street. The room was clean with everything I needed. The staff were friendly. On arrival my room wasn't ready so the girl on the front desk took my number and i was able to go out and she then called me when it was available. There was a pianist in the lobby in the evening which was nice. I parked in a public garage along the road which was $12 per 24 hours as opposed to the hotel's $22.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here to attend the Southern Heritage Classic. I always wanted to stay because it was downtown and close to everything. When I booked this year I decided to stay here rather than the Hampton Inn on Shady Grove. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!

The sockets were hanging out, looked like mold in the bathroom, broken blinds, the list goes on and on. I was very disappointed because when you walk in the lobby you think it's an awesome hotel until you get to your room!

If I had it to do all over again, I would've made better use of my Hilton points and stayed at another hotel and just made the drive.

Overall I was very disappointed as I usually love Hilton properties. But this time was an epic fail! Won't be staying here again or recommending it to anyone for their stay.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Michelle21496
Ghee A, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Memphis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for staying with us during your time here for the classic. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. I apologize that you didn’t have an enjoyable experience. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed for two nights in DoubleTree. The room was nice and big. No complaints at all about that. Also the hotel itself is nice, with a beautiful lobby. The location is perfectly situated in downtown Memphis, at walking distance of Beale Street. It is a little on the expensive side though if you take into account that you have to pay for your breakfast separately (in an in-house TGI Fridays) and you have to use valet parking.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed in this Hotel for three nights and got a good deal on the room through Priceline. The hotel is very well located and within walking distance to Beale Street, Main Street and other attractions such as the Gibson Guitar Factory and The Peabody Hotel (you must go and see the ducks!)

The valet staff were very friendly on arrival and explained that the valet parking cost $22 per night and you could take your car in and out as often as required. They also explained other parking options, as it was a weekend parking on the street was free until 8am on Monday morning. We didnt really want the hassle of finding a space and then having to move the car when the free parking expired so we took the Valet option and were very happy with it.

The lobby of the hotel is very spacious and pleasant, the staff at reception were friendly and helpful and the bonus is you receive cookies on check in which were delicious.

Our room was on the 10th floor and the elevators were pretty cool being glass fronted so you could see the lobby as you travelled up. Our room had two Queen beds and was spacious, my only comment would be that it was pretty dark, it only had a small window in the corner so there was not much natural light and we needed the lamps on all the time. The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. The bathroom was fine and had a good bath and shower and plenty of room.

My main criticism would be that the air conditioning was very noisy, after the first night we turned it off as it constantly woke us up, but even with ours turned off you could still hear the noise of the units in the other rooms.

Vending machines and ice were available close to the room and free wifi was available in the room.

The hotel has a TGI Friday's attached to it where you can eat breakfast and other meals, we did not eat in there so I can't comment on it.

I would stay in this hotel again at the right price and would perhaps ask for a room with more natural light.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel is one block from Beale Street which is the best part of it. We were given the smallest room I've ever seen with very dirty furniture ..stains on the lamp shades and chairs, along with ratty, torn shower curtains. The hotel was overbooked, was the excuse I was given. Staff is friendly, but a bit too relaxed. I was disappointed in this hotel's rooms as usually Doubletree's tend to have much nicer rooms.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor; they are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us in Memphis. We are very sorry that you were disappointed with the cleanliness of your guest room. We try to be very vigilant in this area because we know how important it is for our guests. Based upon your review, we are actively working with our housekeeping staff so this situation doesn’t happen again. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area you’ll consider staying with us again.