Crowne Plaza Memphis East
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Budget Inn(Memphis)
View Hotel
All reviewsfree breakfastclose to the airportbusiness tripflat screenoatmealfront desk clerkbeale stmahoganydowntownupgradesshuttlegraceland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Found this hotel online and am glad I did. Clean and friendly. The hotel is in the midst of many upgrades so it will be even better on my next visit.
There was a mix up with my reservation but excellent staff solved the problem - I got an even better deal. I forgot part of my phone charger - no problem as I was provided with one for use during my stay.
Adding breakfast staff will be helpful - the place was packed, but all servers were bustling to keep everyone happy.

Room Tip: Close to airport. Lovely views.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
MarriottMemphis, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

We are delighted that you found your way to The Hotel Memphis. Thank you for letting us know about your stay, as we are happy to know that our staff was able to provide with you a phone charger for the duration of your visit. We do regret if you encountered any inconveniences with our breakfast staff and we appreciate your constructive comments on how we can improve in this area. We will pass your comments along to our restaurant management and hope you'll allow us the pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Enjoyed our stay. Yes there were a couple of negatives but nothing horrible. Our room was not cleaned one day. But really we did not need it to be. When we ran out of towels, guess what we called front desk and they brought us some. I thought the beds were the most comfortable beds around. Very nice workout room. Indoor pool was good enough. For me breakfast was what free breakfast should be. Toast, bagels, oatmeal, fruit, cereal. Waffles, juice, egg and cheese omelet. It was not gourmet but was fine. Everyone was nice. Especially the hostess at breakfast. After one morning she had remembers family and names. Each morning she greeted us with a big good morning and chatted up a storm with my girls. I for sure return. Easy to get around town from this location

• Stayed: March 2014

It is wonderful to read your positive and encouraging remarks regarding your experience at breakfast. We are happy to learn that you were greeted each morning with a friendly welcome from our hostess. Thank you for summing up an experience we hope each of our guests has while staying with us. We are delighted that your recent stay has inspired a return visit and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel Memphis again.

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

For the price, this was a decent hotel. We are satisfied with the price we paid, but had we paid the asking rate, I would have been Not satisfied. I would have given it 3.5 stars but that wasn't an option. We've paid about the same (on Priceline ) and gotten much better so it's hard not to be a bit disappointed. The facility could easily be a 4 star but they are operating it as 2.5-3 star quality.

When we walked in, the lobby and grounds were nice. They had an outdoor courtyard that my toddler was dying to visit. I was hesitant because I thought people may be smoking. I was surprised and glad to see that it was a non smoking property. The staff was friendly. The selection of amenities was good. We enjoyed the work out area and even went to the indoor pool in spite of the fact that the ph was clearly off (cloudy) and it smelled (bad) of chlorine even into the workout area. That's Not good. I'm hoping this was an unusual occurrence. We are pool owners and know this can happen if you don't stay up on it, but by health code standards it probably should have been closed for maintenance. You could not see the drain. (Although we would have been disappointed.:-/)

Our room was nice but lacked true cleanliness. The hallway (5th floor) needed a good vacuum and the surfaces in the room needed a good wipe. Actually they were kind of gross in certain light. The bathroom needed another bar of soap so you could have one for shower and one for sink. I should have asked and would have, but I never got to it.

For what it's worth, we think some of these negative reviews on trip advisor seemed to be describing a hotel across the way that we actually went to first.

Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for sharing the specific areas of your stay that did not live up to your expectations. It is disappointing to know that your experience with us did not reflect our usual high levels of service and we apologize for the inconveniences that you endured. We strive to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction and regret that we missed the mark on this occasion. Thank you for addressing your concerns, especially your comments regarding our pool, as I assure you your comments will be shared with the appropriate members of our staff.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself seems fine. When you walk in has nice atmosphere. Was treated very nice by the staff. However, after staying four nights I never saw housekeeping. They did not check my room once the entire stay!!!! I had enough towels because the room seemed to be set up for four and there was two of us. I don't need someone making my bed or changing my sheets everyday but they should have checked the room at the least. I had over flowing garbage cans a pile of wet towels that after two days made the room start to have a wet smell. So disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014
MarriottMemphis, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

It is truly disappointing to learn of your experience. On behalf of our housekeeping staff I'd like to apologize for this oversight in service. We deeply regret any inconveniences that you encountered as a result. If we get the opportunity to welcome you back, we hope you won’t hesitate to reach out to management whenever an issue arises during your stay, as we always want to ensure the best possible experience while with us. Thank you.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

This hotel seemed to be well maintained - our group of six were happy that I booked this on priceline for a very reasonable rate. The breakfast was good and the staff were friendly, professional and helpful too. There are also small restaurants around the neighborhood if you like to eat out and if you are willing to drive further you can savour the southern fare which is delectable!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lolabugs
MarriottMemphis, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

We are happy we had the opportunity to accommodate you and your group during your trip to Graceland and the Memphis attractions. It seems that you've discovered a few favorite restaurants in our area! We hope you'll allow us the opportunity to serve you in our Blue Shoe Bar & Grill during a future visit at The Hotel Memphis.