“Nice hotel for the money”

Crowne Plaza Memphis East
Ranked #60 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Springfield, Missouri, United States
“Nice hotel for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in Memphis on our way to florida, found it on our "Hotel tonight" app on our phone. Nice hotel, VERY comfy beds! Could use a little updating, as they still have tube style tv's, But that's ok, We enjoyed our night there

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MarriottMemphis, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
It was a pleasure to accommodate you on your way to Florida. We appreciate your perspective and valued feedback, as it helps us to improve upon our services. We hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back for a more extended stay sometime in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We got this hotel on Priceline for $60 so I will not complain. One think is for sure new hotel owner is not the same as large corporations. You will get same service as in motel but in large building. Plastic plates on breakfast, to much chlorine in the pool, moldy smell in the lobby and rooms and in our room 916 very hot BUT VERY hot water in the shower ! Cold water did not make it in 9th floor!!! Good luck to New Owner IT will take lot of work to step up. Over all good hotel for overnight one night stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for providing us with valued feedback, as we are continually striving to enhance our services. We appreciate your constructive comments and sincerely regret any area of your stay that did not reflect the high standards we aim to achieve. We are fully committed to guest satisfaction and have taken note of your concerns. We hope we'll have another opportunity in the future to provide you with the exceptional stay we know we are capable of providing for our guests.
Manchester, Uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here 23rd Aug for two nights. we enjoyed our stay. staff were friendly, other guests were friends and the rooms were clean and comfortable.
only down side to this hotel is the location. it cost us $30/32 to get from downtown to the hotel by taxi. also I had rung up before I arrived asking if we could get a hotel shuttle service to the Amtrak station as we was going to leave at 5:30am and Uday Luke said it was fine and doable. when we arrived at the hotel I asked Uday Luke again who said it would be fine so we thought nothing more of it until we checked out and asked for the shuttle and the woman behind the desk told us it wasn't possible and that we couldn't get a shuttle even though we had been told it was fine. needless to say I wasn't a very happy bunny having to pay another $35 on a taxi when I told we could be taken there complimentary.

• Stayed August 2013
MarriottMemphis, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
We deeply regret any confusion that you experienced with our services. We do offer a complimentary shuttle but only to and from the airport. On behalf of our front desk staff, I'd like to extend my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences or frustrations that this caused for you. I will be notifying the appropriate members of our staff to ensure our services and policies are made clear to our guests, as we do not want your experience to be repeated. Thank you for sharing your review and we hope you'll allow us the pleasure to welcome you back to The Hotel Memphis.
Batesville, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was a great hotel at one time but would only rate it now has good value for the price we paid. Elevators are slow and carpet in hallways needs to be replaced. Rooms are nice but mattresses need to be dated as they are getting broken down. Check in staff is polite and we will stay here again for the right price.

• Stayed August 2013
While we regret any inconveniences that you may have experienced while with us, your constructive comments are an important part of improving our property. As we continue our efforts to improve guest satisfaction, we hope you'll allow us another opportunity to welcome you back for an exceptional experience at every turn.
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed @ HM while we moved our child into the University of Mississippi. We only needed basic accomodations for one night, so we weren't asking for much. We usually stay at high-end hotels when vacationing (longer stays) and are not budget hotel travelers by any means. However, I have to say that the HM was a great experience for us, and met our limited, short term needs perfectly! ALL of the staff was very friendly

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MarriottMemphis, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
It was a pleasure to accommodate you while you moved your child into the University of Mississippi. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us at The Hotel Memphis and hope you'll allow us the opportunity to welcome you back for a more extended visit. Thank you for sharing your impressions, as your comments are greatly appreciated.
Fort Campbell, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am a frequent "Name Your Own Price" bidder on Priceline. We have gotten AMAZING deals, so it was my first instinct to bid for a weekend away in Memphis.

You could tell the hotel had recently changed hands. The sign on the hote;l's exterior was a banner. When I walked into the lobby, it was dead. No one to welcome us and there was only one front desk attendant. I pulled out my ID and credit card as I am accustomed to having to one, confirm my identity, and two, put down my credit card for a deposit. He merely asked for my name and handed me keys. This was my first red flag. Could anyone come in and say they had my last name?

The room was small, but adequate. In previous "3 1/2-4 star" hotels I have bid on via Priceline, the rooms have been more upscale. This felt like a fancy Motel 6. Our neighbors were so noisy, and when I asked the front desk about this, they acted as if this was the norm.

My husband and 5 year-old began to itch shortly after we got into bed. My husband was so upset with our experience that he wanted to pack up in the middle of the night and drive straight home (4 hours away with two small children)!

We were promptly moved to a higher, quieter floor and our new room smelled of bleach. We checked out before 8am the next morning.

We will not be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ecallaway
While we are grateful for your detailed review of your recent stay with us, we truly regret to learn of your experience. We pride ourselves on delivering a high level of service and never like to learn when we fall below our usual high standards. Please know that we never expect our guests to endure noise disruptions during a stay and we'd like to extend our sincere apologies for any inconveniences that you experienced with us. Furthermore, we’d like to assure you that we have very strict room inspection guidelines that we must follow before the arrival of each and every guest to ensure that our accommodations are at their best. It is disappointing that you left feeling disappointed in your stay and we hope you'll allow us another chance to welcome you back again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel used to be the Mariott but it is very old. Smells old. Smells like smoke. Rooms are old fashioned. Found hair in my bath tub. Old fashioned televisions and not as nice as I expected. Rates are good though and the free breakfast is good.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank KathrineKi11
MarriottMemphis, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Your honest feedback is an essential part of improving our services so we thank you for taking a moment to share your perspective. We are saddened that your stay did not reflect the high standards we wish to achieve and for that we apologize. We hope you'll someday allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to provide you with the exceptional stay you deserve. Thank you.