Crowne Plaza Memphis East
$199
Agoda.com
$119
La Quinta
All reviewsfree breakfastclose to the airportbusiness tripflat screenoatmealfront desk clerkbeale stmahoganydowntownupgradesshuttlegraceland
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed @ HM while we moved our child into the University of Mississippi. We only needed basic accomodations for one night, so we weren't asking for much. We usually stay at high-end hotels when vacationing (longer stays) and are not budget hotel travelers by any means. However, I have to say that the HM was a great experience for us, and met our limited, short term needs perfectly! ALL of the staff was very friendly

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
MarriottMemphis, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

It was a pleasure to accommodate you while you moved your child into the University of Mississippi. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us at The Hotel Memphis and hope you'll allow us the opportunity to welcome you back for a more extended visit. Thank you for sharing your impressions, as your comments are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am a frequent "Name Your Own Price" bidder on Priceline. We have gotten AMAZING deals, so it was my first instinct to bid for a weekend away in Memphis.

You could tell the hotel had recently changed hands. The sign on the hote;l's exterior was a banner. When I walked into the lobby, it was dead. No one to welcome us and there was only one front desk attendant. I pulled out my ID and credit card as I am accustomed to having to one, confirm my identity, and two, put down my credit card for a deposit. He merely asked for my name and handed me keys. This was my first red flag. Could anyone come in and say they had my last name?

The room was small, but adequate. In previous "3 1/2-4 star" hotels I have bid on via Priceline, the rooms have been more upscale. This felt like a fancy Motel 6. Our neighbors were so noisy, and when I asked the front desk about this, they acted as if this was the norm.

My husband and 5 year-old began to itch shortly after we got into bed. My husband was so upset with our experience that he wanted to pack up in the middle of the night and drive straight home (4 hours away with two small children)!

We were promptly moved to a higher, quieter floor and our new room smelled of bleach. We checked out before 8am the next morning.

We will not be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ecallaway

While we are grateful for your detailed review of your recent stay with us, we truly regret to learn of your experience. We pride ourselves on delivering a high level of service and never like to learn when we fall below our usual high standards. Please know that we never expect our guests to endure noise disruptions during a stay and we'd like to extend our sincere apologies for any inconveniences that you experienced with us. Furthermore, we’d like to assure you that we have very strict room inspection guidelines that we must follow before the arrival of each and every guest to ensure that our accommodations are at their best. It is disappointing that you left feeling disappointed in your stay and we hope you'll allow us another chance to welcome you back again.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel used to be the Mariott but it is very old. Smells old. Smells like smoke. Rooms are old fashioned. Found hair in my bath tub. Old fashioned televisions and not as nice as I expected. Rates are good though and the free breakfast is good.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank KathrineKi11
MarriottMemphis, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Your honest feedback is an essential part of improving our services so we thank you for taking a moment to share your perspective. We are saddened that your stay did not reflect the high standards we wish to achieve and for that we apologize. We hope you'll someday allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to provide you with the exceptional stay you deserve. Thank you.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Though some amenities may have changed, this is no longer a Marriott in name only. The staff seem to have stayed on with the new owners. The grounds, lobbies and rooms are beautiful. The beds are high quality for good sleep. Sure the dining services are trimmed back but there is food available in the afternoons til 10p and all the dishes we tried: burger, chicken wings etc were delicious. There are nice pools, indoor and outdoor plus spa.

Staff, on both our visits seemed a bit stressed, but they were trying hard to be professional, friendly and were quick to help.

The price has probably come down, at least our cost was lower than expected for a hotel with this much aesthetic appeal. I will look for this hotel for return trips. We did not want to be close to downtown, but if you want to go it is not far. If you stay downtown, you will pay a premium for it. Have not tried the free breakfast that some have complained, runs out of food too soon, but I plan to try it in the morning.

Room Tip: No suggestions. both stays were on tenth floor. I like the views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

It warms our hearts to read so many positive comments regarding our staff, property and services. We are thankful that you've reached out and shared your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel Memphis the next time you are in the area and hope you'll choose to dine with us for breakfast during your stay.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

What a great value!!! This hotel has it all: clean, spacious, comfortable, low priced room with a free breakfast!!!! You wont find a better hotel at this price point anywhere in Memphis. The hotel is a very short drive to all the major Memphis attractions. With free parking this was a no brainer for us. The Hotels in downtown all charge at least $15 a day or more for parking here you pay nothing! The staff is super friendly and are willing to help you with your every need. We've stayed in other hotels in the Memphis area and none compare to the overall value this hotel provides...we will stay here again on our next trip into Memphis.

• Stayed: August 2013
MarriottMemphis, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

What a wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of The Hotel Memphis. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality service at an affordable rate and are truly pleased to know that you enjoyed so many aspects of your trip. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.