“Great weekend stay....Super staff!!!”

Crowne Plaza Memphis East
Ranked #57 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Saint Peters
“Great weekend stay....Super staff!!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here this past weekend for soccer tournament in Memphis. Hotel is located in very close proximity to I-240, which is convenient. Rooms are very nice and bedding is comfortable. The only amenity that they did not have were flat screen TV's in the rooms. Still old tube TV's. The bedding was very comfortable. The staff, in particular front desk and restaurant, were very friendly and super helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dcb95sol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
PHL
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We weren't sure how this hotel experience was going to be based on reviews. Well let me tell you, it was a great experience. Pool and jacuzzi were relaxing after our flight. The room was ready as promised for early check in and was clean. The staff was welcoming especially Kenneth who gave us great recommendations. Location was cool for us, we had a rental. The bed was ultra comfy especially after long days and nights of fun. We travel quite a bit and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
philly
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Ok, so i came to trip advisor about 100 times before deciding to go with the Memphis Marriott. I read a lot of comments about the neighborhood and the big black fence surrounding the property. Here are my thoughts. Awesome, I had a wonderful time while visiting Memphis, the property is about a 15 min drive from the Airport. I decided to get a rental car because I would be visiting Beale street several times. I arrived Thursday morning. Called the front desk to request a early check in and the front desk clerk was more than happy to accommodate my request. Me and my wife go to our room and it was phenomenal, definitely 3.5-4.0 star. For $99 a night it felt like a steal. We immediately hit the swimming pool, about 5 min into that we hit the hot tub, unless you are Will Smith and stay at 5+ star hotels daily this is a great place to stay. The parking lot is secure with a big fence surrounding the property, almost like a estate. Excellent. I came back one night after 3 a.m. and the fence was locked and required me to enter my room key to gain access.No threat of my car being broken into per some other reviews of other hotels. There was a IHOP about a block away and also a TAco bell and Lennys sub shop. Traveling to Beale street will require you to rent a car. which i did. It is litterally a 15 min drive and there are multiple parking garages in the area. They have a cpu in the lobby to print your boarding passes for return flight. Absolutely no complaints, Great stay,Great room. Thanks Marriott

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Overall it is a typical full service Marriott. My big issue with this hotel is that they only have those small wall mounted hairdryers that you NEVER expect in a higher-end hotel. I would expect this at a Fairfield but not a full service Marriott. I have long hair and those little dryers are a joke. I called housekeeping and was told that they don't have anything else to offer. I had to go out and buy a $20 a hairdryer at the drug store that I will never use again. So, if you stay here and have long hair, BRING YOUR OWN HAIRDRYER!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel often for business. The staff are really great. The rooms are the typical Marriott and the food is the same. Decent gym and pool. The property is surrounded by a gigantic fence that makes me feel a bit like I am in prison. I suppose that speaks to the neighborhood but it is a little much.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I stayed here for a short three days on a trip to Memphis for the first time. It was a nice hotel, but gave me the feel that it was once more bustling in previous years. I just chalked up the lack of people in the surrounding areas to the recession as all of Memphis seems to have been hit pretty hard.

The hotel was a large conference type hotel. I did get a free upgrade and the room was adequate. There were no real views other than a slightly gentrifying area and the highway. Memphis overall is kind of depressing, and I left a day early.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Little Rock
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during the weekend to attend a wedding in downtown Memphis. We chose this location because it was easy access to other things we wanted to do. It is only about 20 minutes from downtown. The hotel is dated but relatively clean. The staff provides excellent service. The breakfast buffet was fair. We had made to order omelets and fresh fruit both mornings which was very good. The wait staff provided good service. This is not the best hotel in the area due to the fact it needs updating but we have stayed at other similar hotels in the area and keep going back to the Marriott because they have the best service and have readily remedied any problems we may have had. It is in a quiet area off the interstate with easy access.

• Stayed August 2012