“Infested!!”

Ranked #95 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Myrtle Beach
“Infested!!”
Reviewed May 24, 2009

We thought our great price for traveling with a dog was a good payoff. Actually it came at a cost to our kids. The bed our kids slept in was infested with bed bugs! We are now waiting for the welts to show. Stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed February 6, 2009

Online, it's a great looking hotel, however needs to be updated on the exterior. Rooms are nice, a bit pricey considering could've booked a nicer hotel for just a bit more. I enjoyed breakfast here, wife did as well. Location was a bit off. Overall, good stay.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank awpierce1900
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed February 4, 2009

Stayed here for one night during a coast to coast from New York to San Francisco.
Had no reservation and just turned up and asked for a room. They had no smoking rooms ( its my one vice :) ! ) so they put me in a room at the end of the ground floor corridor near the exit so I could nip out if I wanted. Very helpful staff giving me directions to Beale St and the best way out of town in the morning. Rooms were what you would expect. Normal by US standards but huge by UK standards. A single for the Americans is a double bed. A twin is 2 double beds. I asked for a single! Free internet. NIce sized rooms. Reception knocked $10 off as I was apparently next to a air conditioning unit outside but I heard nothing. Deli, liquor store and super market within 30 second walk for stocking up the following morning for a 10 hour drive to Oklahoma.

Breakfast was in a large room and seemed fine but I just grabbed a coffee. The hotel was spotless throughout however

Good comfy hotel that is central for the walking nighhtlife of Memphis

• Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Tim_Owen
orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 15, 2008

The fiasco started when I booked via 1clickpethotels.com, who quoted me one pet rate and the hotel quoted me another. I'm yet to resolove this issue...do NOT BOOK A HOTEL VIA 1clickpethotels! Worse customer service in the country.

The manager of this hotel is a total mysogynist; if you are a woman, don't even think about staying here because no matter what the issue, you are always wrong. He is mean, nasty, tempermental, and unprofessional.

While my room was decent, albeit overpriced, the hotel experience was traumatic and unnerving. My wifi wouldn't work and he was no help--it was MY FAULT that it was broken!!!!

The people next door had a barking bassett that was still barking constantly when I went to bed both nights sometime after 10:00.

NEVER stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — decent room
  • Disliked — hideous staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank maggie108
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2007

We stayed at the Quality Inn on Macon Cove for 7 days during Elvis week on the assurance that it was well placed for access to all the main attractions. This was not really the case!! As we had no car we had to take an hour long bus ride to reach the city centre, and then it was another bus trip to get to Graceland. Although the buses are fully airconditioned and fairly cheap the length of the journey did tarnish things slightly. So if you are staying here it is advisable to have a car!!
The hotel itself was of a good standard. Two Queensize beds, a shower/bathroom and a TV with a good range of channels available. Fantastic air-conditioning (if a little noisy) which was very much needed as temperatures when we were there reached record levels. A good continental breakfast was included in the price we paid and was available on a self service basis from 6-9am. They also had a small outdoor pool which was a fantastic way to cool down after a long day walking around in the heat.
The hotel staff were very good, they had no problems phoning taxis to take us places that the buses wouldn't be convenient for.
It is not a good idea to walk around after dark in this area, this was reinforced by several locals that we met but Memphis as a whole seems to be like this and as long as common sense is exercised there shouldn't be a problem.
Although the hotel was good, when I return to Memphis I plan to stay much closer to the centre.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — Too far from the attractions without a car
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Louise F
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 16, 2006

After two weeks on the road staying exclussively at Choice Hotels, this was the pits. Difficult to find; staff made me a little uncomfortable, owners seemed to take the cheap way every way they could. Would not stay here again!

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank chefgraves
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 27, 2006

This hotel is in a terrible location. They have a security guard walking around the property. The hotel is located next door to an strip club. The hotel is located near the airport, so you could hear airplanes taking off and landing all night, which kept us awake. The bathroom ceiling had mold growing on it.

• Stayed April 2006