“Never again...ever”

Ranked #89 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Hermitage, Tennessee, United States
“Never again...ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

WARNING: Photography listed on any shown accommodation sites are NOT the hotel that you will be staying at in any way or form, completely misleading.

Staying at a hotel, no matter how cheap you'd think that a pregnant woman would be accommodated.
Not so at Bugetel Inn. Not so at all.

Not to mention the staff where completely disrespectful to myself and my husband. We'd previously visited the Bugetel Inn with no issues at all, however the second visit was much different and marred our appreciation for their low prices.

I urge that if you plan on staying here, call ahead with any special requests or AVOID AT ALL COSTS as the staff are rude and honestly unwilling to do anything but the bare minimum.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
niagarafallsny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

Big mistake to stay here. Thought because it was a quality I wouldn't have to check reviews. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. The breakfast room was so small and there were so many people you could not move.

• Stayed August 2010
budgetelofmemphis, Manager at Quality Inn Memphis, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
“Thank you for your remarks, which I have shared with our staff
Chicago,IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2009

I stopped here after driving I-40 from Chicago to Houston. I was very tired and needed a room for me and my 75lb dog. The lobby is very clean and nice. The rate quoted was acceptable including the per lb pet fee. The room I got was aq handicap ground floor unit around the back. The room was outdated, and although not dirty, it was not pristine. Everything was old and tired and dingy. The staff was nice, but until this hotel is updated I would not reccomend.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Myrtle Beach
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

Not to mention the management quoted a price and charged us double!! Yes, I mean infested! The bed we chose to put our children in turns out was infested with bedbugs. They feasted on our little ones all night! While on the road we called ahead for the cost ans was told we would receive the "managers special". When I reviewed my bank statement I noticed no "managers special" as quoted. This is the Quality Inn on Sycamore. Look for the collapsing gutters and falling roof tile. Stay away!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

We thought our great price for traveling with a dog was a good payoff. Actually it came at a cost to our kids. The bed our kids slept in was infested with bed bugs! We are now waiting for the welts to show. Stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Kansas City, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2009

Online, it's a great looking hotel, however needs to be updated on the exterior. Rooms are nice, a bit pricey considering could've booked a nicer hotel for just a bit more. I enjoyed breakfast here, wife did as well. Location was a bit off. Overall, good stay.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank awpierce1900
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2009

Stayed here for one night during a coast to coast from New York to San Francisco.
Had no reservation and just turned up and asked for a room. They had no smoking rooms ( its my one vice :) ! ) so they put me in a room at the end of the ground floor corridor near the exit so I could nip out if I wanted. Very helpful staff giving me directions to Beale St and the best way out of town in the morning. Rooms were what you would expect. Normal by US standards but huge by UK standards. A single for the Americans is a double bed. A twin is 2 double beds. I asked for a single! Free internet. NIce sized rooms. Reception knocked $10 off as I was apparently next to a air conditioning unit outside but I heard nothing. Deli, liquor store and super market within 30 second walk for stocking up the following morning for a 10 hour drive to Oklahoma.

Breakfast was in a large room and seemed fine but I just grabbed a coffee. The hotel was spotless throughout however

Good comfy hotel that is central for the walking nighhtlife of Memphis

• Stayed July 2008, traveled solo