All reviews the concierge lounge front desk supervisor pool area is business trip very nice hotel bed was very comfortable rooms were very clean comfortable stay fitness center easy access tiffany lobby germantown linens fairfield closet
Selected filters
Reviewed April 24, 2017

This Marriott is a mixed bag but I would stay here again -- primarily because I am loyal to Marriott. It feels a bit older and my room had a funky smell which is a huge negative. The concierge/executive lounge is way undersized and crowded at breakfast, i.e. ran out of coffee, nowhere to sit, etc.. The room was very average. Nice sized gym with everything you need. Room was really loud with hallway noise. The newer Marriotts can be much nicer than this one.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank EJG4
MGoBlue21, Manager at Marriott Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2017

Hi EJG4,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share a review of our hotel. We're very pleased and thankful for your loyalty to Marriott, and that you enjoyed the gym. I'm sorry to hear about the odor and the size of the lounge! Please know that I will share these comments with everyone, and continue discussions of what can be done with the size of the lounge. We do hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Came in at 2am from a road trip and was welcomed warmly by the staff and got into my room quickly for a good nights sleep. In the morning the breakfast buffet was good and just what I needed before hitting the road and heading home.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
MGoBlue21, Manager at Marriott Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2017

Hi Traveling_Scouter, thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Marriott Memphis East. We are so pleased to hear of your experience with the staff, at breakfast, and that you had a good nights sleep! We hope the rest of your trip home went well, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again soon!

Reviewed April 9, 2017

Myself and several others were in town for a friend's funeral. We were in the pool area, when a manager came to advise that there was a complaint about disruption in the pool area.

We were not the only hotel guests in the pool at the time, Nor did any of the guests there complain about the disruption ( music playing on a Bluetooth speaker- no profanity).

The manager only spoke to one person in our group, and refused to speak to anyone else. Mind you, we were all paying guests at the facility.

Her visit was followed 10 minutes later by 2 other managers. They did not address our group at all. They just stood there, looked in our direction and left.

There were no clean towels towels in the pool area , when we arrived. And there were used towels spread around the pool when we arrived.

The best part about this encounter was that the second set of managers brought a pool attendant to stock the towel bin.

I am certain that we know the patron that made the complaint and I am saddened about the reason he made the accusations. It is unfortunate that the first manager approached us in an accusatory way.

This put a damper on our 2 night stay at the facility and we left Memphis with a disheartened feeling. I hope other guest like myself and my friends are not made to feel as bad as we were on our visit.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
MGoBlue21, Manager at Marriott Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Dear Misstosha23,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us! We take great pride in providing world-class service to all of our guests, and I'm so sorry to learn that we failed you in this regard. I want to thank you for an opportunity to share this with the entire leadership team, so we can revisit our service and leadership standards, so that we may continue with our spirit to service all of our guests. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity, if travels should bring you back to Memphis!

Reviewed March 25, 2017

Stayed at the property for 4 nights. The first night was an award stay and were given two double beds rather than a king. The double beds were lumpy and not comfortable. We were able to switch to a king for the remaining three nights (which we were paying customers), which was comfortable. The concierge breakfast was scarce. Almost everything was out 90 minutes from its end including the hot choices and bread. Very disappointing. However, it had a fancy coffee machine which was appreciated. In the evening when we went to get cookies, it was a mess - clearly there is no attendant to keep things orderly and it is disappointing guests leave such a mess. Overall it sufficed, but I wouldn't return.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MGoBlue21, Manager at Marriott Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2017

Hi USTraveler0222! Thank you so much for being a guest of ours, and for using our hotel to redeem some of your well earned Marriott Rewards Points - we appreciate that! I'm sad to learn that overall your stay wasn't as expected. I'd love it if you would be so kind to call me, so I can learn more about your stay and have an opportunity to make it right with you, and also have an opportunity to coach and train our team on some failed opportunities. Thanks again, I hope you will consider us again if travels bring you back to Memphis!

Reviewed March 21, 2017

This Marriott is in a great location in East Memphis. The staff is incredibly welcoming and make you feel like you're staying in a very upscale hotel. The rooms (especially the beds) are super comfortable, and have quite a lot of space for a standard room. Everything looks new and upgraded, and it's quite peaceful for being a larger hotel. And the free parking is right next to the building and well-lit, so I never felt uncomfortable walking around at night. We loved our stay so much that we're staying again when we go back in April!

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
MGoBlue21, Manager at Marriott Memphis East, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2017

Thank you so much, leschreiber! We're so pleased the staff took such great care of you, and you loved our hotel! We look forward to hosting you again in April!