“Nice but NOT clean!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice but NOT clean!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed for two nights on a business trip. It is a nice hotel but they didn't clean my room the second day. I complained to the front desk the next day morning when I was checking out, they were going to "looking in to it." I had enough clean towels and second clean bed, so I used them the second night. Fitness center was very clean and well equipped. Pool was under renovation, didn't matter to me anyway.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Greetings Surangah,
I was disappointed to read that you did not receive Housekeeping services on the second day you were here. That is not acceptable. We strive to provide excellent service to every guest and I'm so sorry we did not deliver that to you. I would truly appreciate you contacting me either by phone 901-214-3717 or email at dputnam@sheratonmemphisdowntown.com so that I can personally research this and find out what Room Attendant failed to service your room. The feedback we receive from our guests is a valuable tool to use in training our associates to reduce these kinds of complaints. Thank you so much for your feedback----truly appreciated.
Dan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

After reading all the reviews about the Sheraton, I felt I had to comment, in my opinion the Sheraton was modern, clean, rooms great with wonderful comfy beds, large bathroom, coffee making facilities. I honestly can't fault it, maybe it's because I come from England and my expectations arnt as high as Americans or I stayed in a different hotel !! I really disagree about needing updating, in fact it was the best hotel we stayed in while touring America recently ! The trolley bus stopped right outside and only cost a dollar ( I believe, as can't quite remember ) and took you to Beal Street or anywhere else !! I loved Memphis and didn't want to leave, and hopefully will return and would definitely stay at the Sheraton again !

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kazzyh
Dear Kazzyh,

Your review made my day and the rest of the team here at the Sheraton Memphis. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge the staff for their southern hospitality and friendliness. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed the Trolley that stops right outside the hotel and the great thing about that trolley is it's only one dollar each way! I love it! So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to providing you with great service and accommodations on your next trip to Memphis!
Smyrna, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

We were here with a 3 day convention. Upon arrival in the parking lot, we were greeted by a male subject who advised us there is no other parking option except the required hotel valet parking, for a charge of $22.00 per day. We then pulled up to the hotel only to find the check in line was snaked around the lobby and over an hour long. It was as if we were in a line at Disney. Our rooms were not ready when we finally made it to the check in counter. We were told to leave our phone number and we would be called when our room was ready. We sat in the lobby for several hours waiting (along with hundreds of others who were at the convention) with piles and piles of unattended luggage laying in every nook. We were never offered a discount ($176 per night) never offered a free meal, not even a bottle of water while we all waited. We never did get a call from the front desk telking us the room was ready. We had no choice but to stand in the hour long line again. When we finally got to the desk, we were one of the lucky ones and we actually had a room. The hotel over booked! They had shorted us 27 rooms. When we finally got to our room 4 hrs later, we wanted to get our swim suits and just relax in the pool, however we couldnt because the pool was closed for renovation! There is a sign at the far end of the check in desk that says you will be charged extra fees to your debit and credit cards to cover incidentals, and they would not be responsible for any other fees thwir fees would cause you. This was a terrible, terrible experience!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank jrbowine
Dear jrbowine,

My sincere apologies to you for the inconveniences you experienced at the hotel. We had a very large group show up all at once (over 300 people) on buses and it was challenging to get everyone checked-in in a timely manner. The parking options available at the hotel are valet parking only and this is noted on our website so that our guests may come prepared for this. There are other options downtown, but then you have to walk to the hotel and it really ends up costing the same as most of the downtown parking does not allow in and out priviledges for one price. Please call me at 901-214-3717 so I can personally take care of you! We appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us.
Grand Ledge, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as part of the St. Judes' donor reception/tour. Overall, the property was nice, although we expected a nicer hotel being a Sheraton. The room was a bit rundown, looked like there wasn't a lot of attention to detail. The staff was all very pleasant and helpful, except for the bartender who acted like he wanted to be anywhere but where he was. Our biggest complaint was the bell service. The morning we left it took 25 plus minutes to get someone to bring down our luggage. After about 20 minutes, my husband inquired as to when someone would be up and he was told they never got our call. We had hoped to leave the hotel by 7am but by the time our luggage was brought down it was almost 8. We realize things happen, but the bell staff made no attempt to apologize. Also, our room wasn't made up until well after 5, which worked okay since we were going to be gone for dinner, however, with a hotel this size it seems like housekeeping should have been more organized.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Stoeck,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in bellman services on the morning of your checkout. We strive to provide excellent service and I'm so sorry our bellstaff failed to deliver our promise to you. I will be sharing this feedback with the team so that another guest does not have the same experience. It is the feedback from our guests that makes this a better place for everyone! Thank you for staying with us and if you ever come back, please let me know so I can take very good care of you!
Hampton, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We book this hotel on Priceline, and got a very good deal. $62 per night not including taxes and other fees, but after booking the room I saw a lot of negative reviews about the hotel. Just checking in the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our room was on the 10th floor its clean, the beds are very comfortable, and room is cozy. The only negative is that there is no refrigerator or microwave in the room. Also the furniture is a little dated, but in all it's a good deal.!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Matyzo -
WOW...you did get a good deal! I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and that the staff was very helpful. It is our duty to ensure every guest has a great experience with us. We don't want anyone to be unhappy with there stay at the hotel and always encourage our guests to let us know if there is anything we can do while they are here to make their stay more comfortable. Our major renovation begins in June 2014 and I can guarantee that we will have a "Gem" of a hotel to go along with the wonderful staff we have that waits to serve every guest. Thank so much for taking the time to write this review! I will be sure to share it with our team!
Arrington, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We are staying here with a school group and paid with a school check for the full amount only to find out that the hotel has charged some of the rooms to our credit card as well as other charges. After bringing this to the hotels attention we were assured that the charges had been removed only to find out that they have now charged even more to our card. When trying to check in it took 5 hours to get our rooms. It was the most unorganized hotel desk I have ever seen. It is no surprise that they have now put all these charges on our card. Even though we will be at the same conference next year, we will stay somewhere else. Unbelievable problems because of these people.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank dolceflute
Dear Dolceflute,
I'm very sorry about the billing issues you had with your stay. If this has not been corrected, please call me at 901-214-3717 and I will personally make sure this is done to your satisfaction. Thank so much for providing the feedback. I will be sure to share this information with our front desk staff so that another guest does not have the same experience.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

On the main street and the trolley stops right at the door, but few stops to the restaurants and in a very quiet corner by the main highway.
Convenient and though could use some renovation but you feel very comfortable when you walk in.
Staff are very friendly, food is good, rate is very reasonable, rooms are spacious, but no safe in the room and bathroom could have some more immunities.
Noticed many groups are in and out which get a little noisy.
Like the place and would stay there again if I do not find a hotel next to famous Beale street

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LUV2FLY747
Dear Luv2Fly747 -

I was delighted to read that you had a great experience with us. And just to let you know...we are improving!! We are so excited to start our rooms and public space renovation this summer! We have already completed the fitness center and pool area which is a BIG hit with our guests! Thanks for writing a review. I will be sure to share this with the team as it motivates them to keep doing a great job for our guests!