Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
$229
$209
Agoda.com
1,389 results
All reviewsconvention centermemphis downtownbeale streetthe club loungevalet parkingtrolley busnice hotelstarbucks coffeebuffet breakfastvalet servicemain streetbassmississippi rivercorner roomindoor poolthe room was nicefew blocks
Reviewed January 1, 2014

A little bit of a walk to Beale Street but it's still a great location. It was Memorial Day weekend when we visited so the walk in the evening was very nice. Room size was huge for our King Bed, and plenty of space in the bathroom as well. The breakfast was good as well. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review from Memorial Day. Just wanted to let you know that we are now a Sheraton Hotel which converted from a Marriott on August 12, 2013. We are excited to bring this big brand to downtown Memphis and hope that when you return to this area you will give us an opportunity to WOW you! Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I traveled from WI to TX for a wedding. We planned to stay in Memphis for two nights on our return trip back to WI, the second night being NYE. We arrived at the hotel after a long 6 hour drive from east TX. Upon first entering the room, everything seemed great. I even commented on the fact that the room SMELLED clean. Bed looked nice, bathroom was clean, nice TV, nice view, etc. I decided to take my laptop out and get some work done. That's when I smelled something very sour. I kept looking around but couldn't quite pinpoint it. Less than a half hour later, I was tired so put the laptop down and pulled the covers up near my FACE and the smell got stronger. We finally discovered where the smell was coming from. Some sort of stain on the top of the down comforter which was wedged between a sheet and the duvet. Again, at the TOP near my FACE. We immediately called the front desk and they sent a very nice gentleman up to help move our things to a new room, and gave us a few breakfast cards, but the new room was not nearly as nice as our unfortunately smelly first room. Our new room is obviously older, the decor is dated, and the view is not nearly as nice. We feel that for what we're paying and the disgusting experience with the first room (Room 1516), we'd have been given a room at least of equal status. We've stayed at many different hotels, and we thought that the Sheraton would have been at least on par with bigger named chains. We stayed at a Best Western in Lindale, TX and it was SO much nicer, and half the price. We certainly hope the rest of our stay is better. A tip on parking, no need to pay $22 for valet. $5/day across the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer building in an upper floor. At the time of our stay, the pool was being renovated, which I'd read from other reviewers.
2  Thank Kelly B
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

My sincere apologies to you for the inconvenience of having to move you to a new room. Unfortunately the housekeeper missed something in your room which caused a hassle for you! I'm so happy to read that our staff responded immediately to fix the issue for you! If you ever come back to Memphis please let me know so I can make sure you have a great room with a great view....we are renovating the entire hotel come June 2014 -----it's going to be fabulous! And by the way....I love Wisconsinites....grew up in Green Bay and I am a very loyal Cheesehead! Thanks for staying with us. Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I recently moved from nashville to las vegas and stayed in Sheratons all along the way and this was the second of 4 we stayed at. The location was nice, just a cute trolly ride away from beale street. But the service was mediocre and nothing to write home about. Having been a former employee of the sheraton music city in nashville (where we also stayed) I know what the expectation is as a starwood property and as a sheraton. This wasnt quite it. There was one gentleman in the lobby, a bellman, who was very nice. Overall good, not great. Would maybe stay somewhere else in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013

Hope you made it to Vegas safe and sound! Sorry we fell short on the service aspect of your stay. We do our best to deliver an exceptional experience for our guests and sometimes we fall short! I hope you give us another opportunity should your travels bring you back to Memphis! Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I recently stayed here with my family during a road trip. The bed was very comfy, location was great and room service was good. In addition to room service, we ordered food at the bar in the lobby which wasn't as good. The only flaw I found was the presence of a huge roach in the bathroom after we turned on the light in the bathroom. It was big and fast! After a while, we were able to kill it, but it kind of ruined the rest of our stay. I took pictures and informed the front desk when we checked out the next day. Fortunately we left a lot of the luggage in the car or I would have been terribly worried about a roach in our belongings.

Room Tip: We got a good price through Priceline. There are parking meters on the side of the hotel if you'd rather not use the valet service.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

I'm so sorry to read that there was a roach in your room. We do our best to control all the little critters that live and breath in Memphis from entering our hotel, but it's not 100% bullet proof! Next time I would encourage you to call the front desk as we would be more than happy to take care of the situation and also move you to another room. Thanks for this feedback as it helps me identify areas in the hotel that need improvement. I hope you will come back and try us again should your travels bring you back to Memphis. Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Christmas night, everyone working but it didn't dampen their spirits in fact they were funny and charming and helpful. I can't remember all their names but from front desk, valet guy, cute little girl taking me to easier elevator with wheel chair all felt like family. We then went down to beautiful marble lobby to restaurant and encountered another fun girl in the waitress. Lots of laughter made for a great Christmas when we had to be at VA hospital next day! In the morning they called us a quick cab and off to appointment no parking lot problems, life savers. Highly recommend, food was great too!

1  Thank FriendlyFaceBridget

Here is another review my staff is going to love! It's amazing how people in our business can deliver a great experience even when taken away from their own families on such important holidays to serve others! Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to acknowledge that. I am very proud of our team here as they all have the heart to do a great job for our guests. Thank you for staying with us on Christmas! Come back soon!