Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
Madison Hotel(Memphis)
1,352 results
All reviewsconvention centermemphis downtownbeale streetthe club loungevalet parkingtrolley busnice hotelstarbucks coffeebuffet breakfastvalet servicemain streetbassmississippi rivercorner roomindoor poolthe room was nicefew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was just reading some of the reviews and noticed a lot of complaints. I have already made my reservations here and now am not feeling all warm and fuzzy about my upcoming visit. Some of the reviews are saying wonderful things about this hotel and others are saying horrible nightmare type things. I will be in town for a Pro basketball game and would like my stay here to be great so that I may come back and write a wonderful review. Maybe I should have checked to see the reviews before booking my reservation. Anyway, see you all soon. I am praying this is a wonderful experience. I am rating excellent as I am expecting excellent when I get there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Hello Ronald..thanks for your note. I hope that you had a wonderful stay with us in downtown Memphis! We always stand ready to help our guests when needed. Everyone has an opinion and I know we can't please everyone, but we certainly give it our best when it comes to service. I look forward to reading the "post" review. Cheers.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and our two daughters spent this past weekend at this hotel. Our experience was great! Staff was super friendly to our little girls and very helpful. The location is perfect. It is away from all the craziness of Beale Street but there is a trolley stop right out front and it will pretty much get you anywhere you want to go! The breakfast buffet was excellent and had a good variety of foods. The staff in the restaurant were amazing! They were all so friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and the beds were comfy. They do use some type of down or feather pillows and I can't stand those so I regret not taking my own but my husband absolutely loved them. We ordered ice cream and chocolate chip cookies from room service and they were super prompt. The ice cream hadn't melted a bit. Can't ask for anything more! The only thing that kept this from being a 5 star stay was that the indoor pool was down for repairs and my girls had really been looking forward to having a swim. Also, the brew cup on our coffee pot was missing and when I called down to the front desk around 5:30 or 6:00 Saturday morning, I couldn't get an answer so I had to go down in my pajamas to get another. It was a mild irritation and no big deal but I noticed that another reviewer mentioned not getting an answer as well so it may be a reoccurring issue.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ACooper1180

We are pleased to read that you had a great stay with us. We aim to be the best in Memphis and taking care of our guests is what it's all about! We have a new Chef who has done amazing things in the kitchen and our menu continues to be very popular with our guests. I'm looking into the early morning phone calls not being answered in a timely manner. We have limited crew from midnight to 6am but that should not hinder the guest experience. Thanks for staying with us....it was very nice of you to take the time to provide this feedback! Come back soon!!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was very disappointed with my 1-night stay at this hotel. The first thing I noticed about my room is the shower was not clean. I have a phobia with hair and there was more than one type of hair all over the shower. I called down to the front desk over 5 times and no one answered the phone. I called the front desk from my cell and they immediately answered. I ordered room service and it took over 1 1/2 to receive some cold chips and dip and a soda. I called back down to the desk to check on my room service and again no one answered the phone. I also went to the vending machine on more than one floor for a drink and they were both out of order. I will never stay at this hotel again. For over $100 a night, I expect much better service and accommodations that I received. Never again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank tallmisses
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear Tallmisses,

I don't blame you one bit for being upset. I would be too if I had the same experience. Please call me.....as I always want to make it right for our guests! I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and express your dissatisfaction. Ask for Dan P. when you call (Rooms Director). I look forward to speaking with you!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hotel was clean towels were very nice fluffy like new bed was comfortable
Breakfast service was good and the food was very good and a good variety
The location is good the trolley stops front of hotel and Beal Street is a place to visit eat and hear good music.but after that there isn't too much else to see or do

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Our beds are the best in the Hotel Industry...we are the only brand rated with a 5 Star AAA rating on our sleep system. I am so happy you enjoyed it! Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review. It means alot to us to receive the feedback from our guests. Our goal is to be the best in the business and you are part of that process when you take the time to give us your honest feedback. Cheers!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

The rooms had been updated and were very clean. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful but the valet attendants needed to be trained in customer service and correct protocol when greeting a guest. They were pretty laid back and unprofessional. The hotel is not in the best area but the transportation was excellent with the trolley. You could get to most of the places to go sight seeing without a need for a cab. It was very inexpensive.. The hotel lobby was bright and had good lighting this made the lobby comfortable and inviting. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner in the restaurant the food was good and the prices was reasonable.There was a courtyard in the front of the hotel that had water was shooting up and it lit up at night, very pretty. We had a great banquet for our family reunion and would recommend families for an event like our family reunion. Did I mention that it was our 49th year? We had a great time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sdollreview

Nothing better than a "Heavely Stay"! I am so happy to read your review and know that we delivered our promise to you! And thank you for spending your money in our restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! We have a new Executive Chef that is very passionate about creating a positive dining experience. The food is incredible! We have received so many outstanding comment cards on our food! Come back to Memphis soon....we already miss you!!