Hampton Inn Memphis-Poplar
  • Pool
Marriott Memphis East(Memphis)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewscorky's bbqtrain noiseroom was cleaneasy accesscomplimentary breakfastnice breakfastdesk clerkoatmealwould stay here againthe breakfast areaconvenient locationnice staybeale streetpaigedowntowninterstateaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton on a trip to the USA to see the mandatory thing 'Graceland. Mind you the hotel is 25 minutes from downtown Memphis which I think you should take into consideration. The hotel is a modern building, spacious and welcoming reception.
The rooms are equally spacious, nice fresh white bedlinen, modern bathroom, all ammenities.
The downer for us was definitely the service. Not one trace of southern hospitality ! We had booked our room through booking.com and although payment had been made, it seems this had not gone through to Hampton Inn. The lady behind the counter treated us as the next best criminal. She did not take the time nore effort to check internally what was wrong. Her screen said no, and that was it. When we told her that we would contact booking.com from the room she told us that there would not be any room if no payment upfront. We contacted booking.com in the lobby who immediately talked to reception. All of a sudden we did get a smile ... And a room. Very confronting and sad service for an otherwise good hotel with nice and good breakfast

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed here with my family (husband and two children under 2) while on a road trip to Texas. We ended up staying here while going down and driving back to Chicago. I really had no complaints. The staff was very friendly and professional and the room was clean. There were plenty of towels already in the room which I always appreciate. I requested a fridge to hold the milk and food from the cooler and it was promptly brought up the 1st night. On the other night they could not bring up a fridge but allowed me to store our items in the hotels fridge. There were no issues getting our items the next morning from a different person at the front desk. Also, the woman working in the kitchen went above and beyond to get me some hot water for my tea as she was in the process of refilling the water and coffee when I 1st came down at 4am in the morning. They provide a typical continental breakfast. My son enjoyed the oatmeal. I think this is a good place for people that want to stay in a safe area for a reasonable price on a quick overnight visit. The great customer service was the selling feature to me. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a train track nearby but I couldnt hear it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EW2013
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Not sure, but thought we saw the king in the parking lot, or several of him. Nice property, good breakfast, helpful staff, free parking and near excellent BBQ. There is a train track about half a block away and whistle is loud but did not hear it after about 11pm but started up at about 8 am so not really an issue unless you like an afternoon nap. They first put us in a smoking room but handled the change very well, even though the property was sold out. If you want to hang out down at Beale OR Graceland, this hotel is about a 30 min drive, so one hour RT.

Room Tip: Don't listen for the train....oh, now you will.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great hotel and staff, easy check in, good location, great breakfast. Person at desk booked a Hampton Inn in another state for us when we asked him. That was a great help. Pool was warm and clean. No complaints what so ever. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Hampton Inn on Poplar Ave has a very professional team from breakfast to the front desk. John was extremely helpful when suggesting places to eat and what to eat. The hotel is very clean and quiet for being a busy street.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo