“A delight! great staff, clean & comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown

Holiday Inn Express - Medical Center Midtown
Ranked #44 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
“A delight! great staff, clean & comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2010

My wife and I stayed in this downtown motel while helping our daughter relocate to Memphis. We chose this motel due to our belief that we would know what to expect from a Holiday Inn Express and that is was nearby to our daughter's new apartment.

We were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness, and quietness of our accomodations and at the friendliness of the staff. The parking was ample. The water pressure of the shower was not the best, but perhaps this is a trend as facilities seek to conserve resources.

The morning free buffet included eggs and bacon. Several employees kept things well maintained. Everything was nice and clean.

Next time I'll ask for a room further away from the elevators. There were a few minor instances of noisy quests, but all in all things were pretty quiet.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Will S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2010

I stayed here with my boyfriend on a NY's eve trip to Memphis. The front desk clerk was very helpful and polite when we checked in and out. The room was exceptionally clean, the bed comfy and everything in working order. The bathroom looked as if it had recently been remodeled and all was sparkling clean.
I have no complaints and would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BlackCatBelle
PRETTYBOY23
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2009

I was here in Memphis, Tn on business with a big company that used this hotel a lot ( hope not for long ) First of all when I called to book my reservation I was put on hold for 30min then put on hold again for 10min Upset I was after making reservation the clerk was no help with location details on room and ect. She quoted her self to be the Supervisor WoW could not believe the ATTITUDE RUDE !!!! After checking in by Quoeda she was more into taking a smoke break then anything Remember I am a club member as well no welcome no upgrade just checked in gave keys to room after entering my room DIRTY sheets bathroom tub DIRTY Towels were stained I came down to the front desk the young lady suppose to be the Supervisor at the front door SMOKING and looking at me like WHAT?? I then stated to her I am a club member and that room seems to not be clean may I have a free upgrade i am a platium member she states I don't have any free upgrades and with attitude put keys to another room on the counter and walk to the back on her cell phone after i enter in the other room it smell bad tub was marked up I notified my travel agent and stated to never book me back at this hotel what a stay the breakfast was not hot or station seem not clean coffee was not good this place needs a change of HEART!!!

• Liked — CHECK OUT TIME TO GET AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Memphis hotels

Columbus, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2008

Clean hotel, needs new furniture. Attentive Front Desk, odor in hallways needs to be worked on. Great room, bathtub has some type of marks that need attention to. Nothing extremely bad or anything, overall I paid a great rate for this hotel, so I'm a happy camper!

Stayed April 2008
Concord, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2008

This was your typical Holiday Inn Express. It was clean, well kept, and the new hot breakfast was a pleasant surprise. The neighborhood seemed a little scary, but actually once I got out and around it wasn't that bad at all. Some fast food and local restuarants within walking distance, but you're better off driving as crossing some of those streets is dangerous.

My only major compliant was the lack of communication during a severe weather event. I was there when a number of tornados passed through the surrounding area. One tornado even brushed the SE corner of the city near the airport. Although the hotel was not in the path the local tornado sirens went off then and several other times. Not once did I hear a PA announcement or recieve a phone call on what to do. I figured they would have a way of communicating to the guests the best course of action to take. I'm from the Mountains. I did not know what to do in the event of a tornado. It would have been nice to have some communication from the hotel.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank LoshWVU
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2007

Since we had a family member in the hospital across the street, we stayed at the Holiday inn for 10 days. We have stayed before when it was a Hampton Inn.

The Holiday Inn is a great value. They have a low "hospital" rate of $79 per night. The hotel is clean, quiet and the beds & pillows are very comfortable. The free breakfast is adequate, especially considering the low price of the rooms. The staff was friendly & helpful, they have free internet access in the lobby and a decent fitness room.

The location is good, right across the street from the hospital and just a short drive to either downtown or midtown. The neighborhood isn't the best, I wouldn't go wandering at night, but it doesn't have a downright dangerous feel to it either.

• Liked — Value, cleanliness, comfort & quiet
  • Disliked — neighborhood
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OldHoo72
Leicestershire England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2007

Spent 4 nights from 30th September 2007 and pleased that I did. Typical HI Express for the States (better standard than HI Express in UK). Efficient registration, given up grade without asking as priority club member. Rooms comfortable and clean. Breakfast nothing special but hot drinks on offer 24 hours and always complimentary snack available in the evening. Just what you want when you come in at night. Just off Interstate and on main bus route. If you want to get downtown though suggest you use trolly bus. 5 minutes walk from hotel and great value at $1. By intersection to get down to Graceland (10 minutes) and 2 minutes from Sun Studios.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple