“Not your typical La Quinta quality”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Airport Graceland
Ranked #36 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Not your typical La Quinta... we sought out this hotel strictly due to the name brand. Large cobwebs in the room... the smoke detector was hanging off of the wall by 6 inches and was non functioning. When I alerted the desk clerk /manager of it at check out, he nodded his head as if he already knew. 7 am and the FOUR coffee urns were already empty and food was limited. Definitely not representative of La Quinta.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

While Cedric was great at the desk we found our location to be fabulous for grace land but rather far from downtown. $25 far. Still, the cab ride was fine and we got to have cocktails at the Peabody and famous ribs at Blue City Cafe. BB Kings was reopened and great music....$5 cover charge....worth it. We also took the trolley ride...$1...went to Civil Rights museum ... A must.....and of course everything ELVIS!!!! Great tour. Memphis needs some sprucing up but a most enjoyable stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Pet friendly, people friendly, beautiful place - and I rested well! While traveling from Texas to Tennessee, I had the chance to stay at the La Quinta Inn and Suites (Airport Graceland). It was decorated well, had good bedding, and even though my room was by the elevator and it was very busy, I slept good! Many people had pets and they were all pleasant. I had gone to Texas to adopt a pet rescued from the streets and to give it a good home. I don't live in either state so I had to locate a motel/hotel that was pet friendly while I traveled back to my home. After using Google and Tripadvisor for research, I made a reservation here. It far exceeded anything I thought it would. Since I had not stayed at a La Quinta before, I expected something less than what I got. Amazing place that I will recommend to others, refer my friends to, and stay at again!

Room Tip: I was located by an elevator that was very busy since people had pets and they took them in and out...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Clean, confortable and quite room. Good service, great breakfast. Easy on and off I-240 and short distance to airport. Television picture quality in my room was not good. Would have preferred two queen beds instead of two full size.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed October 24, 2013

It's clean, safe, comfy beds, nice front desk service, basic free breakfast
(ps. awesome pancake house nxt door)
!!! NO sleep !!!, first FedEx flight 3.20am daily and cement factory starts up 6am mon-sat,
need I say more?!?

Room Tip: cement factory and airport location guarantees no sleep in any rooms!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Markski69
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We spent two nights at the La Quinta near Graceland/Airport in Memphis. Upon arrival we were greeted by a young women who was a little flustered. She was very nice to us but she was alone answering the phone and trying to check people in. This hotel needs to have more staff available during peak times! We were too early to check but she did assign us the type of room we had reserved. Apparently it is first come gets what they want. She gave us a very nice room on the end so we were away from all the noise of the elevator & people in the hallway. The next morning she arranged for us to take the free shuttle to Graceland the hotel offers. Take advantage of this because it saves you $10. for parking. Our room ended up being a handicap room so there was a nice walk in shower and lot of room to move around in the suite. The bed was comfortable. I would say breakfast was mediocre, the normal things you see at most hotels. Again they needed more help . The poor girl from the front desk had to pitch in there also. I couldn't get on the internet at all in our room so I ended up bringing my computer to the breakfast room. If you want to spend time down on Beale St this hotel is pretty far. Also, the room was a little noisy because of highway in front of the hotel and also the airport. Some other reviewers complained about the safety of the cars because of the locked parking lot. I must say we felt very safe there

Room Tip: Rooms at the end are very peaceful from Hotel Noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple