“DONT PLAN ON SLEEPING, CEMENT FACTORY NEXT DOOR!!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Airport Graceland
Ranked #37 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed October 24, 2013

It's clean, safe, comfy beds, nice front desk service, basic free breakfast
(ps. awesome pancake house nxt door)
!!! NO sleep !!!, first FedEx flight 3.20am daily and cement factory starts up 6am mon-sat,
need I say more?!?

Room Tip: cement factory and airport location guarantees no sleep in any rooms!
1  Thank Markski69
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Airport Graceland

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We spent two nights at the La Quinta near Graceland/Airport in Memphis. Upon arrival we were greeted by a young women who was a little flustered. She was very nice to us but she was alone answering the phone and trying to check people in. This hotel needs to have more staff available during peak times! We were too early to check but she did assign us the type of room we had reserved. Apparently it is first come gets what they want. She gave us a very nice room on the end so we were away from all the noise of the elevator & people in the hallway. The next morning she arranged for us to take the free shuttle to Graceland the hotel offers. Take advantage of this because it saves you $10. for parking. Our room ended up being a handicap room so there was a nice walk in shower and lot of room to move around in the suite. The bed was comfortable. I would say breakfast was mediocre, the normal things you see at most hotels. Again they needed more help . The poor girl from the front desk had to pitch in there also. I couldn't get on the internet at all in our room so I ended up bringing my computer to the breakfast room. If you want to spend time down on Beale St this hotel is pretty far. Also, the room was a little noisy because of highway in front of the hotel and also the airport. Some other reviewers complained about the safety of the cars because of the locked parking lot. I must say we felt very safe there

Room Tip: Rooms at the end are very peaceful from Hotel Noise.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Our party of 3 couples needed a place close to Graceland and this hotel certainly fit the bill! It was the perfect location with clean, comfortable rooms and a fantastic staff which helped us with free limo pickup to a local restaurant (Marlowe's). Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stay at many LaQuinta Inns and Suites. This property was the best! The beds are comfortable and you will want to sleep late. They offer and extended breakfast with cook to order omelets and everything is fresh. The front desk and all the staff were very pleasant. This hotel is very close to Graceland and does book up very fast! Reasonable prices for a great nights stay!

Room Tip: Pets are welcome. Even the smoking rooms are so clean that you would not noticed it had been smoked...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2013

When we first arrived, we were given room102 and told the gate code. Gate code? What is the gate for? It's around the corner. You drive around the corner. But why do I need a gate? Oh - Is it for the car? Yes. (Why should the car need to be behind a gate? Oh.)

Upon entering room 102, we entered we were met with the smell of dog urine. I know LQ allows dogs - I have a dog and that's why I stay at LQ. When I asked for another room, there was no "heartfelt apology" and I was assigned room 120. Before I could get there, the hostess changed it to 123. Room 123 smelled fine.

We looked to see if this room had a microwave because room 102 did not. Fortunately, it did. We found the microwave on a shelf of the television stand/chest of drawers, but it was not plugged into the wall. Beside it was the coffeemaker, equally powerless. There was no outlet for the microwave and coffeemaker. So to use the microwave, I had to lift it out, place it on the desk and plug it into one of the outlets on the desklamp. The next morning when I made coffee, There was an envelope of decaf coffee, but no regular coffee.

Two boxes that distribute plastic bags so we can pick up after our dogs are provided. Below each box is a covered basket to drop the bags of waste. One box is out of plastic bags and the other has a few bags left. Both baskets are overflowing.

In short, this LQ needs a better maintenance plan.

Room Tip: Room 123 was OK.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have stayed in this location at least 5 times and this last stay was for 10 days. I am writing a poor review because I cannot believe Trip Advisor issued it a certificate. Every time I have stayed I am always hoping it will improve but it does not. I stay here because of convenience. Let me list the reasons that I had to take the time to write this review.

1. This motel has 6 floors. There is only 1 ice machine on the bottom floor.
2. Vending machines always nearly empty with only 1 choice of a soda
3. Pool not clean at all
4. Hallways and lobby are always warm and not at a cool temperature.
5. only 1 washer and 1 dryer. The dryer takes 3 attempts to get clothing completely dry.
6. Every time you call directly to ask for the corporate rate no one looks up the company and just assumes your company does not have a corporate rate forcing me to make reservations online or with guest relations.
7. The rates for this motel and the way it is run is too high.
8. The snack market that they have created is under lock and key and you cannot just go in and browse at your leisure.

This is by far the worst Laquinta I have ever stayed at. I have talked with staff and sent emails to management about past experiences. No one calls or emails me back. I never have a problem with the staff they are nice but the management of this motel is not run to the standards I know Laquinta expects.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Angela H
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We have stayed at several in this group and this one is the most dated and dreary, staff helpful and breakfast very good, not enough coffee in room and had a problem getting more.
If they were all like this we would look at other hotel chains.