“reception wasn't what we expected”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Airport Graceland
Ranked #39 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“reception wasn't what we expected”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Next to cement works which began operating at early hours with accompanying noise.
Receptionist considered all requests to be above and beyond her consideration such as requesting hot water at breakfast to make tea . . but no tea other than green tea was available, all food had clearly been prepared hours before, scrambled eggs were salty and set rock hard. Cold milk for cereal was warm and I could go on. I asked for hot coffee and was treated with scorn anf totally ignored. Mind you the receptionist was skilled at talking on her mobile and using the computer provided for guests to access the internet. She had my perfect job, earn money but do nothing. Perhaps I am biased but I really felt that it was all beneath her dignity to show hospitality or provide a service, it's the worst reception we have ever had at any La Quinta, today we are at a Rodeway Inn.

Room Tip: Close to airport and graceland and Stax Museum not too far away.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sapper886

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2011

fantastic service and staff, could not do enough for us...will stay there again when we return. Free shuttle service to Graceland, airport. arranged free pink cadillac service to restuarant. Very obliging andwould stay there again on next trip to usa.

M & R Sydney Australia

Room Tip: very quiet room (facing back of bldg)
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maureen264
Cedarburg
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Rooms were nicely appointed and clean. Typical breakfast was served. We liked the fact that the parking lot was secured and you needed to enter a security code for access. The hotel is close to Graceland (they offer shuttle service to Graceland) and just a short drive to Beale Street.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank SteveSallyK
Philadelphia
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We had one night in Memphis, with Graceland the next morning while on a road trip. La Quinta's never fail to be a great, reasonably priced place to stay.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Michigan
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed at the Laquinta Airport on Millbranch Rd. The area seems a bit questionable and has a gated parking lot. We have stayed here twice and have never had any problems. It is clean, comfortable, great breakfast ( including biscuits and gravy). They have 2 computer available in the lobby. We had our laptop but could not connect . The first time we stayed we didnt have a problem with the internet connection. The King size bed we had was wonderful. One of the most comfortable beds I ever slept on. I was able to get a great night sleep after a long travel trip . The pool looked very nice and clean also although we didn't have time to visit. The hotel is only around 1 mile or so from Graceland. We appreciate that they allow us to bring our dog also. Laquintas are almost always pet friendly. We will stay here whenever we visit Memphis again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I stayed here for 1 night with my small dog. The room was old and dark and noisey. The front desk folks were very polite and nice. The breakfast was OK. Although they allow small dogs, there isn't very much space for walking them. The problem I had was that the small amount of grass around the parking lot is covered in feces. Now, I realize that the guests ought to pick up after their dogs, (YES, I do!) but since so many don't, shouldn't the hotel make some arrangement to clean up the mess? How disgusting especially for guests who don't care to have dogs around! The restaurant near the hotel was just OK. I was not comfortable leaving the hotel grounds to take my dog for a walk. It's an old, dark hotel that is not in a very nice neighborhood. I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 103
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Eldorado, Texas
Reviewed August 8, 2011

This was an average hotel to me. Didn't seem like it was in a very good section of the town. There were no choices of restaurants around and only one gas station down the road. The hotel was okay to me..By far not the best LQ that I have stayed in but not the worst either. The rooms were clean and comfortable. This property was located off the I-240 which is the by pass around Memphis (which I have never found the bypass to be helpful). There is one restaurant located beside of the hotel. We were told that the hotel owns this restaurant but had just opened under a new name when we were there. The food was good but service was very slow. The portions were big. There were only two older women running the show but were very nice to us. Just a personal opinion...I wouldn't venture out to far of a night by yourself at this hotel. There was gated parking that you need to have a code to get in/out of. We were pulling a trailer and had plenty of room to park but couldn't park in the gated parking lot. I would have gave this property a higher rating if the location was better.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business