“What a great place!”

Ranked #49 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Versailles, Kentucky, United States
“What a great place!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was here for 2 nights on a business trip, and it was a great experience. The facility is beautiful, and immaculate. They have thought of everything, from the fireplace in the lobby to great places to sit and relax or work. Their food offerings are just what you need if you don't want to go out, good value for money, and the presentation is really nice.

The staff was exceptional, from the desk clerk who called me by name at every subsequent interaction, and gave me free toothpaste, to the enthusiastic ladies working the breakfast shift. Everybody GETS IT - that we have choices of places to stay, and the work to earn your business.

Room Tip: In room 112 I could hear folks at the elevator occasionally
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed January 7, 2014

If you're on business in Memphis and you need a place to stay near the airport or near Germantown, this is the place. It is sleek and modern but feels like home. The staff are extremely friendly. If you are a repeat customer, they remember you and greet you after a hard day with a cheerful smile. The Bistro has a good variety and a relaxing environment. If you prefer other menu options there are many within a 3 - 5 minute driving distance, or even a short walk if the weather is nice. The lobby computer services are perfect for confirming flights and printing boarding passes, etc.
One desk clerk, Terrance, went out of his way to help me with an airline lost luggage issue. He helped turn a frustrating day around for me.
This is just a nice place to end your day and prepare for your tomorrow.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train tracks if you are a light sleeper. It isn't very loud, but mi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Travis M, General Manager at Courtyard Memphis East/Park Avenue, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
We would like to thank you for your wonderful comments about our property and staff. We are always delighted to know that we are providing great service to our valued guests. Terrance is a recent addition to our team and I am glad to see that he is off to a great start. I will share your comments with Terrence and our staff during our daily meeting. Thank you for your business.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We spent two nights at the Marriott Memphis East for the Liberty Bowl. It was a convenient location to the airport, the game and Memphis attractions and restaurants. It is a standard Courtyard if you are familiar with the format. The room we had was nice but a little worn. The staff was friendly. Breakfast is good but expensive. I also felt the rates we paid were a little on the high side, especially the New Year's Eve rate of $199 per night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Travis M, General Manager at Courtyard Memphis East/Park Avenue, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
We thank you greatly for your review of our property. We will continue to make improvements to our property and service so that we meet the needs and expectations of valued guests such as yourself. Again we thank you for your businwaa.
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My title says it all, Hotel was just okay, updated but older. Stayed here for a recent soccer tournament for the weekend. Best part about the place since it did not have an indoor pool was the large empty parking lot where the kids could play football, kickball and Frisbee with no one in the way. Hotel and room was older though you could tell it was updated, room had door wall to courtyard where outdoor pool was (to cold to swim when we were there) and flat screen television, room was decent size, just wished for more. Would have liked to stay at the Hyatt Place Hotel (looked pretty much brand new) right next door as I love staying at that chain, though I did not book our group of rooms so I stayed with the team here. Probably would stay there again but was not overly impressed.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dgprouty
HKG and San Francisco, Calif.
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great location here -- just off Poplar Ave., corner of Ridgeway/Park, two long blocks away from the freeway (which you can't hear), so getting anywhere is simple. I was here for several weeks, and the staff couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. The room was comfy and spacious, and they have a nice lounge with computers, flat-screen TV, and a bistro/bar with a reasonable wine/liquor selection. Plus, they have a mini-store in the lobby which can be helpful if you have to dash out with no time to eat first -- there are cold drinks and a good selection of "eat it now" stuff, "microwave later" stuff, and "add hot water on your break" stuff. Those were a lifesaver several times, believe me! If you don't have a car, there are plenty of good restaurants within an easy walk -- P.F. Chang's, Owen Brennan's, American Bistro, Panera, Genghis Grill, and Mexican/Pizza/etc. (names I can't recall) all nearby, as well.

Room Tip: Elevator's a bit slow, so choose a lower floor if that's an issue for you.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LemmonHerk
Travis M, General Manager at Courtyard Memphis East/Park Avenue, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for your generous review of our property. I am very pleased to see that our staff members are continuing to provide exceptional service to our guests. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to see you again in you travels to Memphis. Thank you.
Chesterfield, Missouri
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Although I stay over 50 nights a year with Marriott (Gold), this has to be the worst Marriott experience I ever had. First, the staff was downright rude - sitting behind their desks in the back office -- where I had to wait for them (I timed it, 5 minutes) just to acknowledge me. Then, of course the room that I requested (twin) wasn't available...and nothing would be available for me. So my daughter got the bed, and I was instructed that I could use the the couch pull out Therefore, got to our tiny, dirty room...pull out the pull out, and find it filled with former potato chips from the last guest who must of had lunch on my now dirty, thin mattress.

With very little sleep with my dirty pitiful mattress -- I decided to go sleep in my car as it was more comfortable. When coming into the front desk in the morning, I had to wait my five minutes before I was rudly told that there may be or may not be an option for me to "upgrade" to the room that I originally requested...a twin room. I politely asked if they could call me on my cell to let me know if there was a twin room for Saturday night, if not -- I'd like to go to another hotel. "Sir, are you checking out..or what?" I said, you tell me...if you can get me a room with a bed where I don't have to sleep on a dirty rollaway then perhaps I won't check out. Or maybe I'll just sleep back in the car again. Needless to say, they haven't called -- don't care about an unhappy customer...and frankly your Gold status on Marriott Rewards doesn't mean anything at all.

Nevertheless, when I see my friend who happens to be a VP at Marriott Rewards in the DC area next week, I'm going to give him an earful.

Hello Starwood Preferred Guest Program...you're now getting more of my 100+ night business a year business!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Darrel K
Travis M, Manager at Courtyard Memphis East/Park Avenue, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Good Afternoon Mr. K,

Upon reviewing your comments on the service you received from our staff I am very dissappointed and displeased with our performance. I would like to assure you that the experience you had is not the standard of our hotel or company. Corrective measures are being implimented to ensure that this level of service does not occur again. We thank you for your business and hope that you will consider giving our property and staff a chance for redemption in the future.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

great rooms and bistro good selection of wines and beers staff outstanding close to other restaurants in the area a short walk to ruth chris or Flemings pf chang jasons deli East's small portions food is a great place for a small appetitie

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Travis M, Manager at Courtyard Memphis East/Park Avenue, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
We thank you for your review of our hotel! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and see us again.

Thank you for your business.