“Nice Hotel with everything in distance”

Courtyard Memphis East/Park Avenue
Ranked #49 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Colorado Springs, CO
“Nice Hotel with everything in distance”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had to go to Memphis with my son for a college recruiting trip to Rhodes College recently and we stayed at this location. It is very easy to find and has many different shops and restaurants close by as well as having a small little restaurant inside the hotel lobby.

When I booked the hotel, I did not have the option to select a double bed room. However, when I got to the hotel, the front desk staff was very kind and was able to switch my room from a king to two queen bed room. (considering I was with my 17 yr old I really did not want to sleep in the same bed with him...he is rather big!) The room was very nice, the beds very comfy, and plenty of pillows (so I did not regret not bringing my own). We stayed on the first floor and it was not loud at all. (normally I chose to stay on the second floor because I do not want to hear people walking around upstairs from me.)

The bistro was very nice in the morning and was able to get in and out of the hotel quick and on to the school.

If we do go back to Memphis, I would say that this would be one that I would have to stay at.

For those that are looking for a hotel that is close to medical facilities, St. Francis Hospital is directly across the street as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
st. louis
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hotel's staff was very friendly. The room was clean except for the spoon under the table which stayed there the entire time I did. The beds were nice. The hotel is centrally located to restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for a refrigerator if you need one because the room has space for one, but does not come with on...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tuckers0wner
Travis M, Manager at Courtyard Memphis East/Park Avenue, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you very much for staying at our Courtyard. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay, not only with us but throughout the entire city. We would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the oversight of the item left in your room. We will be sure to address it with our staff to ensure that we are more thorough in providing a clean and comfortable environment for our guests.

We thank you for your business and hope to see you in the future.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The staff, the hotel was wonderful. Every thing from the point of check in was great. I would say the hotel overall is one of the best the area has to offer. I will certainly be staying there again. I would also like to say Jeremy in guest services went out of his way to make my stay a great one. Thanks for that. You guys keep up the great work! !

• Stayed July 2013
Travis M, General Manager at Courtyard Memphis East/Park Avenue, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I would like to thank you for your business and am greatly appreciative of your comments about the staff and hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!
South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I did not select this property, per se. I got it for a Hotwire secret deal. The property is rated as a three star hotel. It is well deserving of this. I would even give it an additional half a star. The property has a great location- close the interstate and near a lot of shops in a nice part of Memphis. The property is spotless and the rooms very clean. My bed was one of the best hotel beds I've had, and I am a seasoned traveler. The rooms are large and come with a fridge and a balcony. There is a real fitness center here with free weights as well as a bistro that serves Starbucks coffee. The staff is highly professional. For the price I paid, this was a stupendous deal. I highly recommend this attractive hotel.

Room Tip: I asked for a room on the third floor. It was super quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here recently while our son had a tennis tournament. Friendly staff, nice room and safer area than most in Memphis. Be sure to request a room away from the railroad tracks. It's hard to escape them in this part of Memphis. Hotel is close to awesome Germantown BBQ restaurant, The Commissary! Marriott is doing a nice job with all of their recent Courtyard remodels, including this one.

Room Tip: Request room on opposite side of train tracks. One bedroom suites with two doubles are roomy and nic...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HARTWELL
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel has been renovated and a nice feature is that the older hotels seem to have thicker walls and are much quieter than the newer ones. Good location, clean room, everyone was very nice. Only complaint is that their wireless network has issues with Apple products. Luckily there was someone there (in the back office) when we checked in on Thursday as the front desk folks were clueless.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for staying with us on your trip to Memphis. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the new look and atmosphere of our Courtyard. Hope to see you again! Thank you for your business.
tuscaloosa
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I have to admit, I'm a little confused about all the negative reviews. We found this place to be quite nice and it has a great location in a safe area of town.

When we arrived our room was upgraded to a room with a balcony and view of the pretty courtyard and pool. Our room was on the third floor, at our request, for peace and quiet. It was quite nice and clean, with fairly new decor. The lobby is really modern and newly remodeled. There is a nice bistro with Starbucks coffee there, and a very nice seating area with tvs. The staff we spoke to during our brief stay were very nice and helpful. We didn't get to use the pool but it was very clean and landscaped nicely.

I've stayed at some Marriotts that were nicer, but I would by no means say this is a bad hotel. I would be happy staying here again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2013