“My stay was overall one of the best hotel stays I've had in a long time.”

Courtyard Memphis East/Park Avenue
Ranked #51 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
“My stay was overall one of the best hotel stays I've had in a long time.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The staff, the hotel was wonderful. Every thing from the point of check in was great. I would say the hotel overall is one of the best the area has to offer. I will certainly be staying there again. I would also like to say Jeremy in guest services went out of his way to make my stay a great one. Thanks for that. You guys keep up the great work! !

• Stayed July 2013
Travis M, General Manager at Courtyard Memphis East/Park Avenue, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I would like to thank you for your business and am greatly appreciative of your comments about the staff and hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
South Deerfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I did not select this property, per se. I got it for a Hotwire secret deal. The property is rated as a three star hotel. It is well deserving of this. I would even give it an additional half a star. The property has a great location- close the interstate and near a lot of shops in a nice part of Memphis. The property is spotless and the rooms very clean. My bed was one of the best hotel beds I've had, and I am a seasoned traveler. The rooms are large and come with a fridge and a balcony. There is a real fitness center here with free weights as well as a bistro that serves Starbucks coffee. The staff is highly professional. For the price I paid, this was a stupendous deal. I highly recommend this attractive hotel.

Room Tip: I asked for a room on the third floor. It was super quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here recently while our son had a tennis tournament. Friendly staff, nice room and safer area than most in Memphis. Be sure to request a room away from the railroad tracks. It's hard to escape them in this part of Memphis. Hotel is close to awesome Germantown BBQ restaurant, The Commissary! Marriott is doing a nice job with all of their recent Courtyard remodels, including this one.

Room Tip: Request room on opposite side of train tracks. One bedroom suites with two doubles are roomy and nic...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HARTWELL
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel has been renovated and a nice feature is that the older hotels seem to have thicker walls and are much quieter than the newer ones. Good location, clean room, everyone was very nice. Only complaint is that their wireless network has issues with Apple products. Luckily there was someone there (in the back office) when we checked in on Thursday as the front desk folks were clueless.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for staying with us on your trip to Memphis. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the new look and atmosphere of our Courtyard. Hope to see you again! Thank you for your business.
tuscaloosa
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I have to admit, I'm a little confused about all the negative reviews. We found this place to be quite nice and it has a great location in a safe area of town.

When we arrived our room was upgraded to a room with a balcony and view of the pretty courtyard and pool. Our room was on the third floor, at our request, for peace and quiet. It was quite nice and clean, with fairly new decor. The lobby is really modern and newly remodeled. There is a nice bistro with Starbucks coffee there, and a very nice seating area with tvs. The staff we spoke to during our brief stay were very nice and helpful. We didn't get to use the pool but it was very clean and landscaped nicely.

I've stayed at some Marriotts that were nicer, but I would by no means say this is a bad hotel. I would be happy staying here again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2013
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were treated extremely well, from the minute we checked in! The staff here are the friendliest Marriott employees we've ever encountered, with the most gracious being Shawn, Jeremy and Vivian. They always greeted us by name, asked us about how our team was doing at AAU tournament, gave us local restaurant suggestions and seemed truly, genuinely interested in us. We felt like family by the end of the week! The training program here must be spectacular, because every single employee we saw, every single time, said hello to us and asked us how we were doing, they really "wowed" us!

The hotel itself is conveniently located to I-240 and a nice shopping area nearby. The Bistro is excellent and the staff was friendly and cheerful at every encounter. We loved having the 24-hour Starbucks available too! the fitness room was great as well as was the outdoor pool.

The King suite was a perfect set up for us and it overlooked the courtyard/pool area. It was also wonderful to have free internet usage and onsite computers/printers for our complimentary use.

I can't say enough about the overall quality, value and exemplary service we received here! if we ever return to Memphis we will definitely be back to stay at the friendliest Marriott we've ever been to! Thank you to this wonderful group of employees who made our stay very memorable!

Room Tip: King suite, 2nd floor, is a great value here for families, with 2 flat screens, fridge, microwave, p...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Travis M, General Manager at Courtyard Memphis East/Park Avenue, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Memphis East Park Avenue for your recent trip to Memphis. We greatly appreciate your feedback of our property. We hope that you have the same, if not better, experience everytime you visit Memphis. I will convey your comments of the staff during our daily team meeting. Again we thank you so much for staying with us for your trip.
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are in Memphis (for one night) for business. I booked this hotel because I'm familiar with Courtyard's and am always pleased with their service. The exterior of the hotel looks a little bit dated, but the inside appears to be renovated. The hallways remain a bit dated, but the rooms are modern and clean. We were pleased with the front desk service. We were needing to print something but the printers weren't working, so she let us come behind the counter and use that computer with no problem. We had a quick dinner at The Bistro inside the hotel, and it was fine - a bit pricy, but that's usually expected. Overall, we were content with our choice to stay here and would come back if we were ever in the area again.

• Stayed June 2013