Courtyard by Marriott Memphis Airport
$306
$199
Agoda.com
$119
All reviewstypical courtyardbistro stafffront deskoffice parkan early flightgated parkingthe shuttle driverrental carindustrial areaparking lot isnext morningminute driveroom keywould stay here againclean hotelone night staybeds were comfortable
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Generally, you can trust a place like the Courtyard Marriott to have everything you would want. Not the case, with this particular place. We stayed there one night in July. It was billed as being close to Graceland which we wanted to see. what we didn't know is that it is in a bad area of town, even though it is close to the airport. The first indication was that the parking area outside is surrounded by a high metal fence which you can only access with your room key. The next indication was that the sliding glass doors on the first floor rooms were permanently shut and the worst thing was that although there were other hotels on that street there were NO Placees to eat. There weren't even any fast food restaurants. Be sure to avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I stayed there overnight in order to leave on a one week trip from MEM at 0645 AM. For 99$, I was able to have a King room, parking for the week and shuttle to and from the airport.

The Hotel looks a little old from the outside, and even the hallways look a little dated. The rooms are very nice. I stayed on the 2nd floor and my room had modern furniture and 46 inch flat screen TV with lots of channels. The room actually seemed at a much higher standard than the rest of the hotel. My limited interaction with the staff was very cordial. I really liked that the hotel parking is fenced in by a 10 foot fence, and the opening and closing of the gate is controlled by the staff at the counter, requiring you to buzz in and tell them your name and room number.

The shuttle is a God send, leaving the hotel every half-hour, 24/7. I had to leave around 0430am, and I simply had to show up at 0424am in the lobby to make the shuttle.

It's pretty close to Graceland too, a 5 min drive if you are interested in that.

All and all, not a 5-star hotel, but a five-star quality room from my experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I stayed here July 1st-6th for a family reunion that was going on. I love all brands of marriotts' because of their cleanliness and awesome customer service. Although this particular location wasn't on par with the rest of the other properties I've stayed at. I've been here one other time before and got a room on the interior side that faces the courtyard/pool area. That time was actually pleasant and I didn't have any noise complaints as some people have mentioned.
This last time I stayed, we got a room facing the freeway which was somewhat a pain cause at night you could hear the crickets and traffic NON STOP unless the AC was on which drowned out the sound. Once in a while I'd hear the planes fly over too but it wasn't something that made the stay unbearable. On the 2nd day or so, I was going to put some water in the mini fridge when I noticed something on the floor and next thing you know, it was a dead cricket right in front of the fridge. I then proceeded to try and call the front desk but for some reason, both phones in our room weren't working for like 10-15 min. I was already upset that I found a dead bug and I didnt even want to try and look around the room to discover more surprises. Eventually the phones worked and I asked the front desk if they could have someone from housekeeping come vacuum around the room but since it was early evening, the housekeeping staff already left for the day which is understandable but she didn't even bother to say that she'd have someone come and take care of it. Her excuse as to why that dead cricket was there was " I'm sorry mam, but it probably flew in when you opened the door". First of all, I didn't even open the sliding door to go outside and how could it just fly in when the room entrance is inside the hotel? She eventually sent someone 10 minutes later after speaking to her but just the way she handled it was unacceptable, especially for marriotts' standard. Those are my main complaints. The rest of the staff were great except for her. I wish I got her name, but owell. Overall this courtyard is ok. You're not always going to get the exact room you request but if you do stay here, try to request a room facing the courtyard.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Stayed for four nights in June 2010-Internet did not work most of time, when it did it was very slow. Only wireless was in lobby and also very slow.
Dishes dirty at breakfast. Food stuck on cutlery,greasy dishes, stained coffee cups. Attendants attitude was' Looks clean to me"!
Terrible location, no restaurants in area and I was warned not to walk outside in the evening.
I am a platinum member and obviously stay in a lot of Marriotts- This is the worst Marriott property I have ever been to.
Never Again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Visiting Memphis for the weekend and needed a decent place to stay. I found this hotel to be nice, clean and safe. Although located on a business district street, it's not as bad and I felt safe in my surroundings. The front desk has cameras located in several areas outside and you need to get buzzed in to park inside the gate. The bed was comfortable, good ac, and soft good smelling towels. The hotel is minutes from downtown and all other shops and restuarants are no more than 10 minutes away. For the price and convinience, I had a pleasent stay. I would reccommend it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple