“Great for it's purpose”

Courtyard Memphis Airport
Ranked #22 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Visiting Memphis for the weekend and needed a decent place to stay. I found this hotel to be nice, clean and safe. Although located on a business district street, it's not as bad and I felt safe in my surroundings. The front desk has cameras located in several areas outside and you need to get buzzed in to park inside the gate. The bed was comfortable, good ac, and soft good smelling towels. The hotel is minutes from downtown and all other shops and restuarants are no more than 10 minutes away. For the price and convinience, I had a pleasent stay. I would reccommend it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 29, 2010

My first night here after my children was put to bed i decided to go for a swin and 3 min after getting in the water the staff came and closed to pool (said it was for safety resaons) got back to the room and noticed the toilet was running. I tought maybe it was just filling up but no it ran all night long, got up the next morning and noticed the carpet was hanging off the walls. I went to the manger and she said she would fix it however after return back to the hotel after a long day with four children the carpet was the still hanging off the wall. I called front deck and they sent a guy to rip the carpet off the wall and when he was unable to do it he just walked out. Later that day, I went to get in the pool again around 6pm and they said they were closing the pool for cleaning. We had they worst time ever my husband, my children and myself had a horrible experience. When I talked to Management at check out, she said that I was paying for a bed and they provided that.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Zebrina13
Reviewed June 2, 2010

My husband and I decided at the last minute to go to Memphis over Memorial Day Weekend. Found this hotel on Priceline and booked a room that included Platinum Tickets for Graceland.

We got there at about 7:30p on Friday and the lady that checked me in was so kind, her name was LaSabra. Even nicer, the parking lot is gated and free which concerned me at first, but then realized I was being silly. We were on the first floor that faced the Hwy in a King Suite, no smoking. The hotel was nice and clean, lots of towels and pillows and the room had a sliding glass door which was nice cause we parked right by it and although there was no sidewalk, we still carried our bags in that way-convenient!!!

When we went back out to ask for a cab LaSabra said that a cab would be more exp than parking on Beale - very nice of her to offer. She even gave us directions from the hotel to Beale, which was kind, although we have built in GPS in our car.

It is by the airport, but I didn't hear any planes and the hwy was a bit rowdier than I would have liked but that was because it was bike night on Beale Street so there were a lot of Harleys going by, but that didn't bother us. The room also has a thermostat, so you can set it at the temp you want rather than leaving the room air or heat on all the time like most hotels.

All in all when we go back we will definately try to book this hotel again!! I can't wait to come back to Memphis - loved it!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I was looking for a hotel relatively close to downtown via priceline as a stopover on a cross country trip. This hotel was an excellent value, was comfortable, but underwhelmed in general. I would have been disappointed if I was purchasing based on brand, or if I paid more. Really remote location with nothing around except some office buildings. But then again, I knew that when I booked it. The parking is gated and someone was calling the police to the hotel as I was checking in (which concerned me when I checked in) but my stay was uneventful.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 3, 2010

We were staying over in Memphis before our flight out the next morning to PR. We got a cheap stay through Priceline. The rooms were pretty clean, and nice enough. Nothing fancy, but nothing horrible. The staff was very nice and attentive. The airport shuttle was timely, and at the front desk they set us up with a pink cadillac limo ride to Marlowe's for BBQ! You aren't near down town, but if you just need a stopover place, this one works.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2009

Delightful staff both front desk and shuttle drivers.
The room was in need of updateing, mattress worn, shower curtain stained . Desk chair and arm chair dirty. No luggage rack, only one waste basket, 9 in bathroom none by desk)
Breakfast buffet served only grapefruit sections, no apples or bannas , selection of creamers or different sweetners even though they were avaible at the coffee station near the front desk.
Parking wassecure and great location near the rental car side of the airport.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2009

stayed one night before a flight, the hotel was clean ,super quiet, comfortable beds, and reasonable. We needed a ride to the airport the next morning at 4:30 a.m. the shuttle was there waiting with a friendly driver. We left the car for a week, when we came back shuttle from hotel came and picked us up and took us back to the hotel straight to our car which was kept in a gated parking lot. Airport is only a few miles away. Only downfall is that there is nothing close by except industrial. Have to drive for shops, food, etc. We would absolutely stay here again

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple