“friendly and secure”

Courtyard Memphis Airport
Ranked #21 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Employees at front desk were friendly and helpful. You have to scan your room key for a gate to open to the parking area, which I liked. It made me feel like my vehicle was more secure. I would definitely stay there again. It's convenient to the airport. Although it's not close to downtown, it's very close to the highway so you can get on it and be downtown in 5 minutes, or go the other way and get to the east side of the city pretty quickly too.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is what you expect in an airport hotel with a good price point. Nothing fancy but comfortable and familiar. The shuttle drivers were great. No need to rent a car. The new Bistro was great. Due to the weather I did not want to go out for dinner. The Bistro let me stay in, have a beer and watch the game. When in Memphis I will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Room was very cold and could not turn on heat. Called down waited 30 minutes called back and said never mind I have to get some sleep. Guy says ok. Need a little work with customer service. Luckily there was another bed with blankets, afraid to try and wait on one to be delivered to the room.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Had to switch rooms due to Interstate noise. "Inside" facing room was better till 3AM when the 747's started flying overhead. There is NO way to sleep through that. Also, there are no close restaurants unless you count the strip clubs, so it would be very hard for a

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tnldy2013
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Memphis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are an airport property and are very sorry that the aircraft prevented a good nights rest. We do realize that there are few dining options walking distance from the hotel. We provide a list of options that are a reasonable drive from our location, including one that will pick you up and bring you back in a 1950's pink Cadillac limousine. We'd love to have you stay with us again should you return to Memphis.

Bob

Reviewed November 4, 2013

As I was conducting interviews , I wanted something close to the airport. As we approached the hotel, I was pleased because it seemed to be in an industrial complex. Little did I know that rooms back up to a major thoroughfare that was very noisy.I will be returning to Memphis this week but will staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for anything not near the highway
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had a short business trip to Memphis. The hotel I used to stay at by the airport is being taken over by the airport, so I went with Marriott. The pick up at the airport was easy, and the shuttle driver was very courteous.

The hotel itself is an older design, but it looked good. The lobby was clean and modern. The check-in was fast and easy. The room was clean and comfortable. The "restaurant" in the lobby isn't bad. It is a good place to kick back, have a bite and a beer.

All the staff I encountered were very nice and friendly. This is the friendliest staff I have encountered in a very long while.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was a nice place. Not much around it. The room was clean and nice. The internet worked well. They have a little diner sort of area in the lobby. It is good microwavable food. I had not problems. It is a about a $25 cab ride from Beale st. Of course the guys that turn their meter off for a cab are a rip off. The location is just ok. There is nothing by it. I would stay again if I was passing through, but would not stay again if I needed a few days to see the town. If you are at airport and need a nice place then this place works.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends