“*Great place.. nice rooms.. great service”

Courtyard Memphis Airport
Ranked #25 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Anamosa, Iowa
“*Great place.. nice rooms.. great service”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I am not sure what others are speaking of when they state "rundown." We thought this was a great place to stay and it was nice and clean.

I got our room on Priceline for $70/night. EXCELLENT deal!

When we checked in the service was excellent.

The room was fantastic. No issues what-so-ever.

We loved the swimming area. It was nice, clean, and NOT busy. We swam outside all afternoon.

People complained about the airport noise... I guess if you don't want noise (which we didn't hear any on a Sunday afternoon/evening) then DON'T book next to an airport.

The bar was great -- we had a beer and two milks and it was $8. Service was perfect.

We ordered Dominoes for supper and that was delivered on time by a nice gentleman. It was delicious. Kids LOVED the chocolate lava cakes that we ordered with the pizza (they even brought napkins, plates, and silverware).

All-in-all, if we are ever in Memphis again, we would stay here.

Happy traveling!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MikeandCarrie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Imperial, Missouri
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Overall a nice place however, you can expect that the rooms are not tip top for a Marriot- Bathroom grout is dirty, trash in nightstand. Ten minute wait for a glass of wine at the bar- Crazy! This is the only hotel I have ever stayed at that does not include free wifi or LAN line in the room. It is an extra $10 charge. Free wifi is available in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tsites s
Eureka, Missouri
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our family stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott for our son's baseball tournament. Our coach had booked a block of rooms, and check in was not a problem. Since we were traveling with a large group of families, we spent most of our time at the pool. Lighting in the pool area was horrible! It was very difficult to see the kids swimming after the sun went down. I also agree that your dining option were limited. We ordered pizza one evening for the kids, and the front desk was helpful telling me which Domino's location to order from and sending them to the pool when they arrived. We ate the rest of our meals closer to the ball fields. The room was fine. The beds were comfortable, and the bathrooms were clean. All in all, not a bad visit!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Melanie S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I Booked two rooms at this location from Fri Jun 21, 2013 - Sun June 23, 2013. After checking out Sunday morning before 10am and safely making it home, I'm paying bills and checking my info online and notice that my credit card has been charged for an additional day! I contact the hotel to make them aware of their mistake and receive a refund and was told that they would do no such thing... WHAT?!!? Management tells me that I was in the room at 4pm Sun which is IMPOSSIBLE because I was on the highway in MISSOURI at 2:40pm, at a gas station, heading home! Then management tells me to prove I wasn't in Memphis. I had to laugh to keep from shouting expletives through the phone. I can not believe this hotel is unwilling to correct a mistake like this. I am a businessman with no problem paying for my fun and leisure. I do have a big problem with being stolen from! I have emailed my gas station receipt to Gabrielle Lendhardt, a supposed manager with Courtyard Marriott Airport Memphis and have yet to receive an email or phone call back! Awful place of business!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank James D
Guam, Mariana Islands
Reviewed June 29, 2013

So the lobby has been remodeled and is very modern. It has a bar, restaurant, and flat screen TVs. Their market included chilled wines and beer for purchase. The rest of the hotel, not so much. The elevator, hallways, and stairwells are hot and stuffy.

The rooms were sort of updated. There was a cozy pull out sofa. There was an expandable desk, microwave, fridge, and adjustable wall thermostat.

The bathroom included a separate sink and toilet and a u-shaped shower curtain rod.

The gym was very strange. Just one TV on the wall that was not viewable from the treadmill. There was no elliptical; just two bikes, a treadmill, and two hand weights. Pretty pathetic.

The hotel is close to the airport with 24/7 shuttle service every 30 minutes, but there are pretty much no restaurants nearby. The parking lot is gated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank foxegurl266
KY
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Hotel staff was rude and arguemenative at check in. Hotel didn't accept any responsibility for reservation error. They booked me 2 rooms on Sunday instead of 1 room for Saturday and Sunday????? Check in took 30 minutes since hotel rep, asst manager and manager all continued to argue with me over check in date. This took place at the lobby desk in front of numerous other guests. Hotel staff made the reservations themselves, not their central reservation desk and never took responsibility for it. Hotel is very isolated in a business area. Only place to eat with in walking distance is a Subway that is only open during business hours. Hotel is in a shady area, complete with an electronic security fence around the hotel. Room appeared clean but bedsheets and comforter were soiled. Instead of house keeping attending to the filth, the hotel staff instructed me that there were additional sheets in the bottom drawer of the dresser. Making a hotel bed, isn't my idea of a guest responsibility. Notified Senior management after stay and they were relucted at best to discuss and resolve. Definitely not to Courtyard standards. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose another location. This place isn't worth the hassle to save a few dollars!!