“6.5 Acceptable”

Ranked #25 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Houston
“6.5 Acceptable”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Recently stayed here during a road trip to Illinois.  We stayed here because we got caught in the squall from Hurricane Isaac.  The place was packed.  This courtyard is an upgraded courtyard with new bistro style dining.  We checked in and got a suite for $159.  We needed to pamper ourselves. Sadly no luggage cart could be found to carry our luggage to the room.  The room was clean and spacious.  There are limited bathroom amenities.  The couch was well used as it was saggy. The bed was sufficient for one night stay. We checked out with ease except still no luggage cart. I guess it had gone MIA in someone's room. Overall out of 10 score this place would average a 6.5.  Acceptable but there is some needed improvement.  I could stay here again if I was in a pinch.  At least the young lady managing the bistro counter was friendly and able to make a coffee drink to order.  She even made us hot chocolate even though it was not on the menu. Thumbs up to her!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel was perfect for the location and security we needed due to gated parking lot and overnight security. We were on motorcycles and were able to park right in front of our rooms. The dissappointing part of our stay was the bathrooms!! Oh my! There was mold and mildew. The tub had rust. The toilet looked very old. The towels were dingy and needed replacing. I had also requested queen size beds and told the reservation was booked for full size beds. The manager finally agreed to straighten this out. With what this hotel offers, i would hope an investment would be made to upgrade the bathrooms which is badly needed. I like the fact that sinks are located outside of bathroom for easy access. Although convenient, this hotel is not up to Courtyard Marriott standards in its current state.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I am a business traveler that stays at a lot of Marriotts, I am always either a platinum or gold member, and this property is pretty low on my ranking of hotels. I decided to bring my wife and kids (2.5yr and 1month) on a business trip to Memphis and called ahead to arrange for an early check-in so that my wife could relax while I was at a lunch meeting. I spoke to the manager and was told that a noon check-in would be arranged, which I appreciated. I went to my meeting and when I got back to the hotel at 3pm my wife and kids were still waiting on a room, not cool. The young man at the front desk was simply unpleasant.
Other than that bad start, the hallways and rooms are not terribly clean and the elevator is in the most inconvenient location I have ever seen in a hotel. I do expect a lot from Marriott and this did not meet expectations.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ny
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed there for one night. OK room. But they double charged on . I called them back, first time, clerk told me only manager can take of that problem then HANG UP ON ME. Finally i got the manager on Monday, l told her the whole story, she said will call me back. I waited 3 hours with no response. I called them again, she said she is too busy to take care of that because SHE IS BUSY WITH OTHER CUSTOMER, and she will call me back the first thing the next morning. I waited for 2 days, no response at all. I called them again just now. Again saying will call me back tonight. Let see what ganna happen.

This is terrible customer service! Unacceptable! Do u know if they have any customer service I can call?

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank bb m
Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Great location near the airport. There are really 2 things that up set me. Drove to the hotel but needed to turn my car in before checking out. For some reason the entire parking area is surrounded by high rise fencing and with entrance and exit controlled gates. In order to park you need to be "buzzed in". The hotel doesn't appear to be in a "bad" area, its in an office park. The gates are a real Pain! The there thing that bothered me was that the was under construction and had no bar or food facilities (except breakfast). This wasn't on the website when I booked the stay. Since I needed to return my car by 3 PM I had to eat dinner very early. The hotel was very nice a picked me up at the Enterprise remote location saving me a trip to the airport

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ndally
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Memphis Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! Our company prides itself on providing great service, security & comfort. Due to the high volume of Park & Fly guest while nestled in an industrial area; we provide guest only parking access. This ensures that our Park & Fly guests and others can travel with ease of mind knowing their vehicles are in a secure location.

I thank you for your patients during our renovation! I have great news! Eat. Drink. Connect at the Newly Renovated Courtyard Memphis Airport Bistro! Now serving breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks on the run or Starbucks or a cocktail with colleagues, you’ll find a satisfying selection of foods & deserts! Please visit us at www.gocourtyard.com or
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/memca-courtyard-memphis-airport/ to view the great menu options.

I thank you again for your comments & I will continue to listen to our guest on forums like this one. I hope that we have addressed your comments satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or Marriott Brand location in the near future.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed June 28, 2012

not a good experience. The lobby is nice, but the rooms are outdated and a little bit dusty. Service extremely slow. They told me they were going to mail me the bill, never arrived. Noisy kids at 10 pm, nobody at the hotel calling to order with people having to take early flights next morning. Not that close to the airport. Rate was the more expensive of all my trip at the poorest hotel. Difficult to imagine a reason to return...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Breadno
Sedro Woolley, Washington
Reviewed June 18, 2012

4 of us had the pleasure of staying here when we experienced a travel delay. The lobby was immediately inviting, with the warm color scheme and open design. LaSabra and Denarius were SO friendly and welcoming, checking us in and giving advice on where to eat at such a late hour. At 5 a.m. next morning, our shuttle driver was just as friendly as everyone else we'd dealt with. Upon arriving home and looking at the reviews on this site, I was shocked! The lobby, rooms and grounds were clean and neat, the people were very nice....nothing even came close to the negative reviews I see on here. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room with a sliding glass door. Some people may find that a bit discomfitting.