“Pathetic”

Ranked #112 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Kentucky
“Pathetic”
Reviewed June 6, 2009

Check in was a pain, copies made of my credit card and license and I think that's illegal, but I was able to get the copy. Rooms plain and the towels were old, thin and dirty. I've used better towels to dry my dog! The TV was fuzzy with bad reception it was noisy and no place to eat nearby, the gas station next door had bars on the windows and thick glass. The breakfast was a nasty little honey bun and stale cereal. And the clerk was a sleep behind the counter. I will not recommend or ever stay there again, NEVER! And internet was a pain to get on, with logging in, timers and passwords that would allow you to access much at all.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
St. Louis
Reviewed May 15, 2009

I called and booked one room for two nights in Memphis, TN. I called the next day and cancelled the room, realizing I called the wrong place. I called and stayed at West Memphis, AR Days Inn. The Days Inn in Memphis, TN charged me for not canceling, which I did! On top of that, they had booked two rooms for one night, which was incorrect from the first time I called. I am going to the media and having an attorney pursue this since I have found other articles where this is happening. DO NOT STAY AT DAYS INN so they can NOT charge your credit card whatever they feel like. I am out $240.00 for one of their employees mistake. When I tried to call Corporate, they told be to take it up with the Memphis, TN Manager (Alka), which has stopped returning my phone calls. DAYS INN is a total scam, which is very sad, considering I stayed at one of their properties the same weekend. They still charged me without any hesitation.

Bob B. (St. Louis, MO)

Stayed May 2009
newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed October 16, 2008

great place to stay only thing wrong was no bar or cafe for drinks ,especially on returning from days out. Right across the road from Elvis ( who is still there by the way, felt his presence in Graceland but only on my first visit !!!!) Found circle G ranch, went inside Dolan drive house met 3 people who actually knew Elvis, it was just so much more than we expected. Going back soon.Ann and Neil Newcastle upon tyne England.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — no bar or cafe
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank deanowatson
Arkansas
Reviewed August 11, 2008

My friend & I want to take our girls to Memphis to show them the sites there. My husband travels all the time so I use his points for my short vacation or at least I thought I was. I have never had problems before. I book the rooms from the reward site and right after I called the hotel to make sure that we could get the 2 rooms together. I ask her if the points that we were using had gone thru ok. She had told me that they did. We talk a few minutes about how her husband travels too.

The weekend of the 4th we arrived there. The lady that I talk to on the phone was very nice and checks us into our rooms. I ask her again about making sure the points were being used and she said yes.
The 2 older girls were given room 403, it wasn't great but we figured it would do. We had to mess with the a/c to get it to work.
The rest of us stayed in room 418 which was like a one bedroom apt. There were no phones, clocks and our coffee maker was broken. Over the tub on the ceiling there was mildew/mold. The room look like it needs a good cleaning the fan that was between the 2 rooms look like it had never been cleaned. The next day when we got up my friend was next to the table and saw bug guts on the wall. The last night that we were there the girl’s floor flooded because of the a/c and ants had gotten in.
You do not get a real breakfast there only dry cereal and honey buns.
We only stay there because of the points and how it would mess up the weekend if we would have gone somewhere else. The only thing, a few days after getting back they charged my credit card and said they knew nothing about the points and that I did not say anything. I will never stay there again. It was a lesson well learned.

• Liked — At first because the staff was nice.
  • Disliked — Rooms, breakfast and the fact that they said they received the points when charge my card
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Niles, Illinois
Reviewed August 3, 2008

We were going to visit Graceland and wanted to be in walking distance to it. This was our first trip to Memphis and probably the last. The hotel is located almost directly across from Graceland, so that part of our trip was satisfied. Beyond that, the hotel is located in a questionable part of the town not too far from the airport. It does boast a guitar shaped pool that our two daughters enjoyed playing in. It wasn't heated but it wasn't super cold either.

We were given a room that was supposed to be non smoking and had signs that state that, but someone who stayed before us obviously ignored the non smoking sign. They did move us to another room without any issues. The front desk was courteous and helpful when asking for directions to a local restaurant. We assumed that Days Inns had internet access in their rooms, you had to bring an ethernet adapter, as they do NOT offer wi fi in their rooms.

The rooms were decorated in Elvis decor and the television did offer free Elvis movies 24/7. The television was updated, but not much more.

There is a free breakfast bar in the lobby, but come short on amount of tables. We had to sit separately. The food they offered was a decent selection of breakfast foods such as cereal, waffles, Krispy Kremes, coffee, juice, etc.

Overall, if you are looking for a Graceland vacation, or are a big Elvis fan, stay here. Otherwise, you may want to move along and find a nicer area to stay in.

• Liked — Location to Graceland, Pool
  • Disliked — neighborhood is scary, wasn't impressed with Graceland
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MuskieRob
louisiana
Reviewed April 24, 2008

We were there for business and pleasure. I was going to make my reservations by internet, but they did not offer the things I needed, so I called the hotel and was told they did not have king beds but the internet advertisement said they did, so I booked the room for 2 queens and the clerk, Barry, gave me my price including $10 per night for my small dog, plus a room without stairs. When we arrived, my room had 2 full beds. I informed the manager, Raj, about the situation and he said "full beds, queen beds or king beds it doesn't matter, there is no guaranty what room or the size bed you reserve", even though we reserved and paid by credit card. I was going to cancel my room but was told that I would have to pay for the first night anyway. The water was cold in the shower, sink stopped up, no iron, no coffee pot and keys would not work. Don't eat the breakfast ,the whole room is very dirty and the carpet is bulking up. People checking in could not get their keys scanned because the machine was broke. Something is not right somewhere.

When checking out they charged me and extra $20.00 for my dog, even though, Barry, had given me the price along with a comfirmation number.

If you reserve a room at a hotel and submit a valid credit card to hold that room, you should get what you pay for. We traveled 6 hours only to get this. Plus, I have a back injury and cannot sleep well in a full bed. Sweet dreams.

Stayed April 2008
Colonial Heights, Virginia
Reviewed April 16, 2008

I was here for business and pleasure. They accept pets and have stayed at other Days Inn but this one, NEVER AGAIN. The hotel is backed up to the expressway so expect noise. There are no decent restaurants nearby and only a little space to walk your pets. But, thankfully, there are security guards that will keep you safe once it gets dark. The floors were filthy! The carpet made my socks black within minutes and the bathroom toilet ran all night--this was the second room that I was relocated to since the first one actually had toilet water draining all over it. The towels were stained and small-kinda like hand towels. The hotel staff were eating at the breakfast buffet when we arrived which was around 0830. So, the selection was slim. WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN AND DON"T RECOMMEND IT TO OTHERS!

• Liked — Accepted Pets and at least they had a security guard when it was dark
  • Disliked — Everything--will never stay here again.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank LoriLions
Also consider these accommodations in or near Memphis
WoodSpring Suites Memphis Northeast
Exchange Guest Suites
Exchange Guest Suites
#78 of 136 in Memphis
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cordova/Memphis/by Wolfchas

Been to Motel 6 Memphis? Share your experiences!