“Very impressive”

Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: McKellar - Whitehaven-Levi PD
Neighborhood: McKellar - Whitehaven-Levi PD
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I was not so sure because it was cafeteria style. But, the food was wonderful. I had chopped BBQ beef, mashed potatoes & gravy, baked beans, cornbread, and pecan pie. The food was very Southern down-home, and delicious. It's a small place, but as it's at Graceland, it's very convenient.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

I wrote a review for the Chrome Grill last year. As we have just returned from Memphis, TN, this is updated information on that Restaurant. We visited on August 12, 2011 and found that they had changed their menu. You can no long get grilled chicken. They now have chicken tenders. They were rather small pieces. You used to be able to get 3 sides with your meal, but now only get two and the styrofoam plate is small and so your servings are much smaller. I ordered the BBQ dinner plate for $9.98. A tiny scoop of BBQ and some mashed potatoes and green beans. For $l0 we can visit the casinos in Tunica for the All You Can Eat Buffets. But if your visiting Graceland and need a quick meal then this is perfect. It is located right across the street from Elvis Presley's home. In the dining area is one of Elvis' motorcycles and there are photos around the room of him and Elvis music.

Reviewed March 16, 2011

seriously?! this place was NOT good. we wanted a quick bite before heading to graceland and this place seemed to be the only place open, and well, we were hungry and had the unfortunate experience of eating here.

the staff was rude and could not have cared less. a smile? any sense of hospitality? forget it – they act like they are doing YOU a favor by slopping food on your plate. (and by "food" i mean tasteless BBQ and soupy coleslaw.)

it was dirty, tables were a mess and looked like they had not been bussed all afternoon. the menu selection was terrible.

save your money. this place is ridiculous. eat BEFORE getting inside the graceland complex. there are too many good places in memphis to spend your money here!

1  Thank joojy
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I visited memphis in July 2008, I dont normally write comments about the places I have been, but on reading the above comments, I was shcoked, when we visited memphis I was a little over done with elvis by the end of the day, but hey isnt that what we visit gracelands for ELVIS. We had lunch at the chrome grille and thought the staff to be very polite and friendly. But then I always say you are treated how you treat others. Treat them with respect and you will get the same in return. I found the cafe to be very clean, and the food very nice, I had the meat loaf and veg and thought how lovely it was, and I am a person who generally has no salt on my food, I just loved the whole atmosphere, it made the day

Reviewed August 19, 2010

During our visit to Memphis, TN for Elvis Week we at lunch at the Chrome Grill. I had the BBQ plate with mashed potatoes and green beans and roll and my son had the grilled chicken with rice and cornbread. It was a lot of food for a very resonable price. The atmosphere is Elvis and there is one of his motorcycles on display in the dining room. We try to make time to enjoy at least one meal there every visit.

Been to Chrome Grill? Share your experiences!