“A Dozen Reasons to Love Gibson’s!”
Review of Gibson's Donuts

Gibson's Donuts
Ranked #1 of 47 Dessert in Memphis
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

Gibson’s is an iconic institution in Memphis, TN. I’m an international traveler, and when my trips call me back to my stomping grounds, nothing welcomes me home better than a delicious donut from Gibson’s.
Forget Krispy Kreme, Dunkins, or any other donut that violated your tastebuds. The soft, sweet and savoryness that Gibson’s gives the donut aficionado will forever change your litmus by which a donut is judged.

First, the classics are in a class of their own! A fresh glazed will convert the pickiest of palates. Guaranteed. If you go no further than a classic glazed or creme-filled, you will not leave disappointed!

Second, their seasonal selections are worth my 125 mile drive to pick up a dozen Watermelon or Piña Colada during the summer months when most are trying to squeeze in a bikini! It’s worth the sacrifice. They usually post these specialty flavors on social media. ;-)

Third, their staples like the Maple & Bacon, Red Velvet, or New Orleans will leave you wondering where this donut has been your whole life! I get it if you just crinkled your nose at the thought of Bacon on your donut, but trust me: IT WORKS!

Fourth, you’re not gonna break the bank on their reasonably priced goodies!

Fifth through Twelfth are the assortment of possibilities you can put in a box to satisfy your craving!
In my humblest opinion, there are a dozen reasons to return to Gibson’s again and again!

Tips: Items (*especially Seasonal items) run out quickly. Although they are a 24/hr establishment, the earlier you are, the better your chances for grabbing these sweet dough-rings of deliciousness and happiness!

It’s not a chain, so it doesn’t operate like a chain. That’s what makes 100% of the amazing quality IMO! In addition, everyone stands in “line” or basically an orderly mass through the door on busy occasions, and whoever asks “who’s next” or “what can I get you”, that’s your official Gibson’s waiter or waitress. Pretty simple, but some have complicated this process at times.

Be courteous, since the lines can get long depending on the time of day or event in the area. With this said, after 6 pm, the selections can get limited. Possibly, Call ahead before making a special trip to ensure you get what you’re coming to try. Just be aware there’s a chance your choice may have been the choice of the 500 people before you. ‍♀️

Parking is shared with other stores on the premises. It can be a little tense at times, but with a little patience and 0-road rage, you’ll have a spot in no time!

Just a call to courtesy tip: if you wander in on weekends or Sunday mornings, have an idea of what you want and plan for backups in the event that what your heart came for is out of stock. The workers can’t control the flux of people and they typically make several batches of popular items. They’re job is to stay in business. It’s not their fault if they can’t restock what you want until the following day. Also, people are trying to make it to churches and events, so this will speed up the process. ☺️

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed May 11, 2019

Ok, people throw the term "best" around quite a bit. Now just think.. What's the best donut I ever had? Well, these are better! Yes, these are perfection. Dozens of varieties made fresh every day. Gibsons is a Memphis tradition that complements the River City as much as Blues and B-B-Q. If you're a local, you already know. If you are visiting our friendly city then add this to the list of must-visit attractions. Family owned and operated, well as long as I've been alive and just as good now as they were when I had my first one many many many years ago. It's a fact some things in this world never disappoint.. Gibson's Donuts is on that list.

Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

We have been to Mt. Moriah & have witnessed the sugar gods... soooo good! If you're in Memphis, don't miss it! The folks are super friendly and courteous, as a native Texan I can appreciate their southern hospitality! The donuts definitely live up to their reputation don't let the long line discourage you - they run a tight ship & it moves fast!

1  Thank ChristyB580
Reviewed May 8, 2019

When I moved here, everyone talked about how great Gibsons was, but I didn't understand. Until I came here. The prices are so reasonable, you wouldn't expect the quality they'd deliver. Hands down best donuts I've had. And they have so many strange and amazing flavors, like their bacon donuts and my favorite, the red velvet!!!!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

We get donuts for Collier every Friday. Plus our carrier reps stop by often and bring donuts to our office. When these donuts arrive everyone is instantly happier and can't wait to pick their favorite flavor. Variety is the way to go!!

Date of visit: May 2019

Been to Gibson's Donuts? Share your experiences!