“Chips and salsa for sure....not so sure about the rest.”
Review of Las Delicias

Las Delicias
Ranked #695 of 1,476 Restaurants in Memphis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2012

With the decent reviews this place was getting I thought I would give it a try. I was super excited once I found the one on Park Ave as it was pretty far from my hotel and not in the best of neighborhoods. The service was a slow, but since they were busy...I figured I'd have some patience. Make no mistake...the chips, salsa and cheese dip were THE BOMB. They make them from homemade flour tortillas and conveniently sell them on your way out. For my main course I ordered the taquitos. The description didn't offer avacdo and I was extremely dissapointed when my plate arrived with huge slices of fresh avacado. Typically this would be a bonus if I weren't allergic. I told the waitresss I was allergic and she didn't care one bit...in fact she walked off. It took another five minutes to get silverware to carefully pick off the avacodo and eat. The beans were ok, but cold....the cheese never did melt on my plate which is a huge difference to every other Mexican food joint I've ever been to. The chicken in the taquito was not flavorful at all. I topped it all off with a Mexican coke...next time I'll try the margaritas and stick to the chips, salsa and cheese dip.

There are newer reviews for Las Delicias

Reviewed August 9, 2012

This restaurant is a bit off the beaten path but worth the trip. The food is good and prices are extremely reasonable. Tacos and tamales are $2 each and burritos are $5. The place is almost always full and you might have to park on a side street since the parking lot fills up as well. It is also pretty noisy inside so not the place for a quiet tranquil meal.

The free salsa served with chips was so good I couldn't stop eating it. We also ordered refried beans and guacamole to have with the chips. I enjoyed the beans, but was not a fan of the guacamole because the alvocado was served in small pieces instead of being blended in with the other ingredients. However, my cousins loved it and cleaned the plate. I am a vegetarian so I had a burrito with refried beans which was tasty. My mom swears by the chicken tacos and tamales. If you are looking for tasty inexpensive food, this is a good choice.

Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Las Delicias does fresh and made in house Mexican food. Fresh lime juice in the margaritas, fresh chips, salsa and guacamole made in house. Obviously hand made and fresh tortillas. Wonderful taco "tasting menu" of many kinds of small soft tacos. Just perfect for mixing and matching. The best chorizo ever and I swear they make their own sour cream. Add it to a taco like a delicious sauce.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Thursday night was crowded, which is normal for Las Delicias. There was a short wait for a table which was packed next to other tables with barely room for the wait staff to move around. The guacamole dip and chips were excellent. Beyond that, the food was normal Mexican that you can find almost anywhere and the prices were also average.
I eat Mexican often because I actually LIKE the average, normal Mexican fare and the prices are nearly always reasonable and low. That said, the service here was also average or below. This place is certainly not a place worthy of standing in line.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

After my first visit, Las Delicias has earned almost a weekly visit for months. You can't beat the price. The food is incredible. The guacamole is outstanding, as well as their chips and salsa. I typically order the Cuban which is spicier than most, but an interesting twist. For two people, a side of guacamole, cheese dip, two meals, and a pitcher of beer for under $30. Service has always been very kind and speedy. I love this place.

Been to Las Delicias? Share your experiences!