“Clean & Comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ottawa, Canada
“Clean & Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our family stayed for two nights in this hotel for the first time two weeks ago, in June 2013, during our visit to Memphis. The hotel is relatively new and very clean and nice. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and competent. We had made reservations on Aeroplan points and were very pleased with our choice. The room we were initially given was not quite what we requested but the desk staff were very accomodating and changed our room immediately without any hassle. The hotel is located about 20-30 minutes by freeway from the downtown core but has plenty of restaurants within a short driving distance. This hotel does not come with a complimentary breakfast like many other hotels but there is a nicely appointed restaurant inside the hotel lobby. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TLozano, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton Memphis-Southwind, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Palmerclan01,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay. We are so glad you enjoyed your accommodations and that our staff was able to cater to your needs. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Memphis.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had no such crazy experience as a few reviewers here, in fact just the opposite. I booked the room through hotels.com, who didn't check with the hotel first, so over booked it. I booked it 30 min before arrival, and Ashley at the front desk had already tried the hotel next door. She wound up giving us a king with a sleeper sofa instead of a double queen, which was fine, and I got $100 credit. While not huge, the room was very clean and comfortable, which is what I care about most. Hotel itself is fairly new and has a grill downstairs, no free breakfast. I would stay here again, as it seems like a decent hotel is hard to find in Memphis.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chelsie_Wick, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points By Sheraton Memphis-Southwind, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Finminer,

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that our staff was able to resolve the booking issue and provide you with a hotel credit. We are also glad to hear that you would enjoy staying with us again in Memphis. Hope to see you soon.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our soccer team stayed here and my daughter and 3 others got Hot Tub Folliculitis along with ear infections! The hottub was unusually warm and foamy. The health department claims adequate levels of chlorine before and after our stay. The bacteria infection is nothing to take lightly...it is a horrible rash and painful! This is the first time I have experienced anything like this. Normally we stay at Hampton or other well known chains...NEVER again a Sheraton. The staff is rude, rude, rude and the service is terrible. Dirty dishes with food was outside of one of the rooms all day and I had to call the desk to ask for it to be removed. Mold in the shower as well. Bed was super comfortable and that's the only this I can say positive. PLEASE DO NOT GET IN HOT TUB OR SWIM-ESPECIALLY KIDS!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Chelsie_Wick, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points By Sheraton Memphis-Southwind, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time write a review and contact us directly after your stay. We’re glad we were able to connect directly and hope you found our resolution satisfactory.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please reach out to our General Manager, Ish Kopuru at ish.kopuru@fourpointsmemphissouthwind.com.
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

When we arrived at check-in, the woman behind the counter was unfriendly and unhelpful. The manager that day was equally unhelpful. Why didn't they understand the "free breakfast" and "$25 SWA coupon" premiums I was supposed to receive? They told me I should have made my reservation with the 800 number instead of online. Huh??????

We paid to have room service for breakfast on our departure date. A HORRIBLE experience -- required three trips back and forth with forgotten items, and COLD, UNTOASTED English muffins. Yuck.

To her credit, Kimberly, the manager on staff when we checked out, credited our room account $40 for the breakfast. We would have much preferred a decent meal.

We will not return, nor will we go to any other Four Points locations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sheri N
Caroline_Ko, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton Memphis-Southwind, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Sheri N,

We apologize for the experience that you had at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis - Southwind. We will be sure to speak to all of our front desk agents to make sure that they are familiar with all promotions and offers that our guests have the opportunity to book. You should be receiving your Southwest coupon in the mail or via e-mail shortly from Southwest. Unfortunately we cannot handle that portion of the promotion, but we are in agreement that you should have received the free breakfast associated with the Get More deal. We're glad Kimberly was able to help you, and we hope that you will change your mind and give us, as well as Four Points by Sheraton, another try.
Decatur, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We arrived 3 hours before check-in time and were able to check in immediately. Our room was immaculate with comfortable beds, down pillows, and lots of space for our family. Bathroom only had two sets of towels but a quick trip to the front desk solved that. That evening we enjoyed the heated pool and jacuzzi immensely. The large towels supplied there were a nice bonus compared to normal hotel pool towels. All the employees we spoke with were super-friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Overall, a very pleasant overnight stay.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Caroline_Ko, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton Memphis-Southwind, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear SnSweet,

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Memphis and we hope to see you again next time you are traveling through.
On the road again
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Hotels need to be kept up and kept clean. Takes a lot of work
and management to make sure a place is kept up. Rate 3/10

Cooks that can't make simple oatmeal by cooking it all the way
reflect poorly as breakfast is an important meal. Breakfast was frankly
Rated a 2/10 for uncooked Oatmeal and poorly cooked eggs.

Can only say this hotel could be much better as it is
starting to look uncared for. Rate a 5/10

Room Tip: Memphis Hotels are on the whole below par. This one could be quite good with a Pro Staff!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Caroline_Ko, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton Memphis-Southwind, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear DoctorVonCueBa,

We apologize that you had a negative experience during breakfast. We will be speaking with our chef, as well as our wait staff in the restaurant, to ensure that this does not happen again. We hope that you will give us another try when you head back to Memphis.
Guy, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

First off, I'm not one to complain....but this just seemed to start off bad and keep going.
We arrived for check in and got the key to our room and after dragging all the luggage up there the room wasn't even cleaned from the last guest ( we are talking wet towels in the floor, unmade bed and a smell) so we had to go back down to get another room. Then upon entering new room I take my sandals off ( long trip) and step on a carpet tack and cut my foot! Later that evening I went to the pool area to sit in the hot tub. There were no clean towels just a huge pile of dirty ones on the floor, the hot tub was on 95* ( not even as warm as body temp) with no way to turn it up. I called on the "emergency" phone to the front desk and the phone didn't even work! Good thing no one was drowning! Gave up and went back to my room for bed and that's when I realized they had feather pillows and comforter (I'm highly allergic) so I called the desk to ask for a pillow that wasn't feather and she said "All our pillows are the same"
So I ended up sleeping on the couch throw pillow. Next morning went down for order breakfast from the restaurant (since Sheraton took over this hotel no more continental) so I ordered a $5 bagel and cream cheese and it was cold and cream cheese was all hard and separated! Man I can't catch a break! After that I went to front desk to try again to get some non-feather pillows...she wrote down my room number and said she would take care of it. While I was talking to the desk clerk there was a male employee standing there and he followed me into the elevator where he proceeded to look me up and down with his eyes (several times) while telling me how good I looked to him. Creep. Later that afternoon upon returning to the hotel I saw that they had brought some pillows to my room.....3 FEATHER pillows! Night 2 of sleeping on the hard couch pillow. When turning the water on for my shower the next morning this nasty dark brown water poured from the faucet! YUCK...I had to turn it off and back on and rinse the tub! When it was finally time to check out later that morning I stood at the desk for 5 minutes to check out and return my key cards, but the two employees were too bust outside smoking to bother watching the desk...UGH so I just left the key cards on the desk and left! Then when I returned home I had to contact them because they over charged my card! So, Basically It was the worst experience at a hotel that I have ever had! Don't stay here at $100 give or take a night these things should not have happened!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Caroline_Ko, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton Memphis-Southwind, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Lauren4241,

We deeply apologize for the unsettling experience you had at our Four Points hotel. Please rest assured that we have spoken with our housekeeping team as well as our front desk staff and have corrected issues regarding cleanliness and checking guests in incorrectly. We are so sorry that you went through such an ordeal, and we have also made note of the issue with the feather pillows. We will be letting management know and we will try to get some alternatives for guests such as yourself with allergies. We do hope that you will allow us to make this experience up to you. If you have any questions, or if you would like to speak with someone, please reach out to Ish Kopuru, our General Manager, at ish.kopuru@fourpointsmemphissouthwind.com, and he will ensure you are taken care of. Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies.