“Don't Be Deceived By The Outside”

Casablanca Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 1,537 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Driving by this place one would think it packs all the glamour of a Denny's. One would be wrong. This is a cute little restaurant with good food at reasonable prices. Word of caution, there is no liquor - period - none - and no bringing your own. Suck it up and enjoy a tea.

1  Thank Randy P

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Went to the Cordova location on Saturday for lunch. Wonderful. We had the lentil and Moroccan (?) soups (loved them), eggplant parmigiana pita (loved it), Egyptian Hiwashi (loved it) sweet tea (least favorite item by far, I don't like ginger in my tea), baclava and chocolate moose (good but nothing special). The service was top notch and the price was very reasonable. We will go back...maybe next week.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My wife and kids are fans of this place. The vegetarian platter is awesome. My kids will eat the falafel, grape leaves and the salad.

The ginger/sage/honey tea is so good, we get a gallon to go along with loose tea as well.

They have two locations at this time East Memphis & Cordova - they have the same menus, but are prepared a little differently, both tasty.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Except for the Tabouli perhaps being too salty, the food is tasty. The owner is friendly and gracious. I am in there often and it is my observation that the wait staff is severely neglectful when the owner not present.
Last week most of the tables needed bussing. One clean but about five with empty dishes, messy. The bathroom had no hand towels and the toilet would not flush. Usually once served you never see the waiter again. No offers of refills. People pack in for the food. If the waiters got the indolent looks off their faces and stopped fussing at each other, it would be more pleasant

1  Thank davidsonh2016
Reviewed March 3, 2013

A week spent in Barcelona (Catalonia, Spain) gave me a craving to continue on a diet of Mediterranean cuisine. With no Spanish restaurant in Memphis (that I'm aware of), Wifey and I made tracks to Casablanca. Our first visit...but it sure won't be our last!

For those who must imbibe, no alcohol. That should certainly not keep you away. They have a very nice tea (ginger, sage, honey) and freshly squeezed lemonade (might be the best I've ever had).

Wifey had the vegetarian platter (hummus, grape leaves stuffed with rice, carrots and falafel)($10) and I hungered for the lamb chops (with rice and veggies)($18). All was quite tasty and exactly as it should be.

The owner stopped by the table to ensure satisfaction. Always a good sign. He became concerned when he noticed that Wifey had not scarfed down the grape leaves. Just not one of her favorites and she was already satisfied. Even so, he returned with with their Chocolate Mousse dessert. A very nice gesture and quite yummy.

We'll be back...again and again.

p.s. They also sell olive oil that's bottled by family in Jerusalem. Nice to know so we can support a local business.

1  Thank Buckles2007

Been to Casablanca Restaurant? Share your experiences!